Indiana Jones Horizontal Pop Art poster

digitalfreaknyc

Saw this from Germany and thought it was pretty awesome!

I've never seen the two pictures on the left-hand side!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/INDIANA-JON...g-/181119820426?pt=Poster&hash=item2a2b95228a

lb.jpg

Stoo

digitalfreaknyc said:
...thought it was pretty awesome!
Hate to be negative but...it's pretty lame, if you ask me.(n)

Take 4 images (that you hold no right to use), place them side-by-side (with no integration whatsoever, apart from a cheap & easy fade in Photoshop), add some ink-blotch splatters (with Photoshop and zero attempt to modify the 4 images) and...PRESTO! You are ready to print and $ell to some Indiana-Jones-lovin' chump!:rolleyes:

Hopefully, none of you out there will buy this.

indyclone25

Stoo said:
Hate to be negative but...it's pretty lame, if you ask me.(n)

Take 4 images (that you hold no right to use), place them side-by-side (with no integration whatsoever, apart from a cheap & easy fade in Photoshop), add some ink-blotch splatters (with Photoshop and zero attempt to modify the 4 images) and...PRESTO! You are ready to print and $ell to some Indiana-Jones-lovin' chump!:rolleyes:

Hopefully, none of you out there will buy this.
oh man i bought 40 of them !!!! :(

Gear

I think indyclone25 was being sarcastic.. I hope.

I have to agree with Stoo, I think the poster's pretty lame. It would've been a lot more interesting if it actually told the condensed story of tLC in same space, perhaps depicting scenes from the beginning of the film when we meet young Indy up to the ride off into the sunset, from left to right. Also could do without the cheap cropped image of the Jones' from the movie poster. :)

indyclone25

yes i was being sarcastic. they really need a button for that , lol. unless its a painted piece of artwork i wouldn't even consider buying it , and even then i would have to be affordable.

Goodeknight

Gear said:
It would've been a lot more interesting if it actually told the condensed story of tLC in same space, perhaps depicting scenes from the beginning of the film when we meet young Indy up to the ride off into the sunset, from left to right.
Now that sounds like a nice horizontal poster/piece of pop art. I could see each of the three films represented that way, with iconic images from each, like the boulder chase. But it would certainly work the best for LC since it begins in childhood and ends with riding into the sunset.

Mickiana

indyclone25 said:
yes i was being sarcastic. they really need a button for that , lol. unless its a painted piece of artwork i wouldn't even consider buying it , and even then i would have to be affordable.

Thank goodness!

Stoo

indyclone25 said:
As Mickie said, thank goodness.:) However, if you look at the advertising graphic, it says: "JAS Fine Arts - handpainted canvas and prints" so perhaps the splatters were originally done with actual paint (and not digitally) before the entire thing was printed out at a larger size. Does this possibility tempt you?:p

Warning to any potential buyers outside the European Union: You won't receive the wooden frame that it's supposed to be wrapped around. It will be rolled up and shipped in a tube, yet there's no mention of a discount price for not getting the frame. (The value of the wood, alone, is worth more than the 'artwork'.):rolleyes: