CinemaSins

Spurlock

Strange how no one ever posted in this.

Personally I love their videos, and I already voted for KOTCS a day or two ago. It's this channel and the Honest Trailers at Screen Junkies. They already did KotCS though.

kongisking

Personally do not appreciate CinemaSins. I get that it's meant for humor...but it ruins movies for me. I'm not amused by having five million plot holes pointed out in movies I love. Hell, most of the sins are utterly insignificant things nobody should care about. Think of it this way: it's like someone going out of their way to explain a magician's greatest act, thus destroying the fun of it.

But oh well. Most people seem to love it, and I just sound like a humorless snob.

And for those curious, I didn't like the videos before they turned their eyes to KOTCS. I'm not that petty.

Mickiana

kongisking said:
Personally do not appreciate CinemaSins. I get that it's meant for humor...but it ruins movies for me. I'm not amused by having five million plot holes pointed out in movies I love. Hell, most of the sins are utterly insignificant things nobody should care about. Think of it this way: it's like someone going out of their way to explain a magician's greatest act, thus destroying the fun of it.

But oh well. Most people seem to love it, and I just sound like a humorless snob.

And for those curious, I didn't like the videos before they turned their eyes to KOTCS. I'm not that petty.

I did not find it funny or incorrect. Just embarrassingly correct.

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
CinemaSins videos used to be much shorter and better. These days they're larded with commentary in place of noting story problems (for instance the Nazca lines being visible from the cemetery).

Still, as Oscar Wilde said, "the only thing worse than being talked about (Indy 4) is not being talked about (Cowboys & Aliens)."