TheRaider.net

Go Back   The Raven > The Films > Young Indiana Jones Chronicles
User Name
Password

Old 09-12-2012, 04:01 AM   #26
Stoo
IndyFan

Reinthal,
Let's hope a MOD merges them because both threads have good discussion/information and they definitely belong together. Doing a search with "Sophie" in the thread title, the only other one showing (besides yours) is this: Is Princess Sophie, Sophia Hapgood? Why didn't the other thread turn up?

---
Archaeos,
Thanks a bunch for the link! I'm very interested in seeing it.

No, I haven't yet been to Habsburg but have been very, very close (in Baden). Where did you live? While driving to Aachen last December, I came across a German town called, Egg. It's within the 40m/70km radius of Habsburg. Any chance you grew up in Egg?
Quote:
Originally Posted by reinthal
I'll leave you all wondering about what that little nugget of trivia means!
Bestow thy nugget upon us, dude!
Stoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 03:06 AM   #27
reinthal
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoo
Bestow thy nugget upon us, dude!

Ha. I wrote that in case there were those out there who like to play the game of trying to work out why Indy stopped wearing the locket.

Of course, we all know it's all because the Princess Sophie storyline belongs in the Young Indy canon which was developed well after the initial three movies. But for those who like to ponder such things, ponder on guys!

Perhaps Indy met her again in between Follies and Doom and she found that he kept on getting drunk and mentioning some "Marion" woman so she demanded it back!! Who knows?!??
reinthal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 04:52 AM   #28
Stoo
IndyFan

Quote:
Perhaps Indy met her again in between Follies and Doom and she found that he kept on getting drunk and mentioning some "Marion" woman so she demanded it back!! Who knows?!??
Marion could have found the locket on Indy's chest in 1926, ripped the chain off his neck, swung it hard to smack him right across his face (in a rage of teenaged jealousy), and then threw the thing into the Chicago River!

---
Thanks for the merge, Mods!
Old 09-14-2012, 06:37 AM   #29
reinthal
IndyFan

Perhaps during one of Indy's earlier encounters with Belloq, his aristocratic French nemesis yanked it off from around Indy's neck, held it up and said "Look at this. It's worthless - ten dollars from a vendor in the street. But I take it, I bury it in the sand for a thousand years, it becomes priceless!" and promptly threw down into the depths of whatever archaeological site they were at at the time...

Oh boy, now were getting in to fan fiction territory... ... not that there's anything wrong with that.

Last edited by reinthal : 09-14-2012 at 06:50 AM.
reinthal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 03:17 AM   #30
Cinemalens
IndyFan

Late to the party, I know, but does anyone know anything about the locket itself? Like who made it, how big it is, etc? I'm looking for as close a replica as possible
Cinemalens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 09:38 PM   #31
TheAlmanac
IndyFan

Quote:
Ha. I wrote that in case there were those out there who like to play the game of trying to work out why Indy stopped wearing the locket.

Of course, we all know it's all because the Princess Sophie storyline belongs in the Young Indy canon which was developed well after the initial three movies. But for those who like to ponder such things, ponder on guys!

Indeed, I've always assumed that the fate of the locket was somehow related to the "other story" about meeting Sophie again which Old Indy alluded to at the end of the bookends for "Vienna, November 1908."
TheAlmanac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 10:00 PM   #32
Kai Hagen
IndyFan

Maybe he stopped carrying the locket after learning that Sophie married someone else?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prince...iage_and_issue
Quote:
Sophie married Count Friedrich von Nostitz-Rieneck (1891–1973) on 8 September 1920. They had four children:

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyJr.
Here's the facts...

After the assassination, she and her brothers were taken in by Prince Jaroslav von Thun und Hohenstein (their father's close friend) to live in Czechoslovakia (it actually became it's own separate nation in 1918) until 1918 when their property was confiscated. At that point the children moved to Vienna once again. There they stayed until 1938 when they were arrested by the Nazis and placed in a Bavarian Concentration Camp where they stayed for another 7 years until 1945. After that, I don't know.
Very interesting point:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prince...erg#Later_life
Quote:
In 1938, following the Anschluss (the union of Austria and Germany under Adolf Hitler), her brothers Maximilian and Ernst were arrested by the Gestapo as a result of making anti-Nazi statements and deported to Dachau concentration camp. Their properties in Austria were confiscated by Nazi authorities.[6] They both survived their imprisonment in Dachau.
Maybe Indy's anger at the Nazis started from here?
Kai Hagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 06:15 AM   #33
Stoo
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kai Hagen
Maybe Indy's anger at the Nazis started from here?
Two years after the events in "Raiders"? Think about it.
Old 10-17-2017, 11:50 PM   #34
Raiders112390
IndyFan

The simplest answer is he probably lost it during an adventure between 1920 and 1935. Or maybe he keeps it tucked away in his house somewhere. Just because he isn't wearing it in 1935 doesn't mean it isn't in a box of mementos somewhere.
Raiders112390 is offline   Reply With Quote