The Soundtracks Collection - Concord

spiralout

I hope an expanded KOTCS score is released at some point. There are some great tracks that were left off. The full version Jungle Chase is really great.

I'm a little sad that even though the Raiders score is complete now, the Temple of Doom and Last Crusade scores are still missing some tracks like "Fortune and Glory" and "Mara Raja & The Dinner" and the drum music from the bridge scene. Last Crusade is missing a bunch of smaller cues. There are also some curious cuts in some tracks like the absence of "Anything Goes" during the night club fight scene. "Return to the Village - Raiders March" should have been on the Temple of Doom disc instead of the bonus disc and should have went straight into the end credits instead of cutting off on the climax.

Last edited:

Benraianajones

spiralout said:
I hope an expanded KOTCS score is released at some point. There are some great tracks that were left off. The full version Jungle Chase is really great.

Raiders March" should have been on the Temple of Doom disc instead of the bonus disc and should have went straight into the end credits instead of cutting off on the climax.

I think at the end of each CD the movies end credits would have been good. I like how the Indy theme on Last Crusade changes in to the Grail theme.

Also I watched the 4 movies endings, and I think it is interesting how the original 3 end with the same traditional Indy theme at the very end, that goes up, then drops down. But on KOTCS at the very end the traditional Indy theme goes up, then goes higher before ending and ends in a much more "cartoony" way.

indyclone25

it would have been nice if they did the same as the star wars trilogy and gone with the 2 disc versions --- they could have had all the music, cues and all and put extras at the end ---- but they didn't, and i think we should be happy that we got what we got --- :D

Benraianajones

By the way, it is the ending part "Finale" I was refering to, being a variation of the Raiders March's ending, which is different to the other movies at the end.

IndyFan93

Wellp, lo and behold, I have found the full Jungle Chase. Well. Kind of. It starts with the "Knife Trick/"They Weren't You, Honey", and music played as Mutt is hanging on the vine looking at the monkeys is the CD version (which I do like, though), and it doesn't have the cut in of Mutt's theme while he swings onto the duck. But that's okay. It's awesome! There is a part with minor SFX, but that's okay, too. I love it, and have already converted it to an mp3 file, and replaced the original with this. :D Runtime is 9:40.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/MO4f3rapcT8&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/MO4f3rapcT8&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Pure awesomeness! :D

Benraianajones

IndyFan93 said:
Wellp, lo and behold, I have found the full Jungle Chase. Well. Kind of. It starts with the "Knife Trick/"They Weren't You, Honey", and music played as Mutt is hanging on the vine looking at the monkeys is the CD version (which I do like, though), and it doesn't have the cut in of Mutt's theme while he swings onto the duck. But that's okay. It's awesome! There is a part with minor SFX, but that's okay, too. I love it, and have already converted it to an mp3 file, and replaced the original with this. :D Runtime is 9:40.

Good isn't it, I already have it as a high quality Mp3. Along side "Off The Cliff" and "The Warehouse Escape"

spiralout

Benraianajones said:
Good isn't it, I already have it as a high quality Mp3. Along side "Off The Cliff" and "The Warehouse Escape"

Me too. I recommend you find the MP3, IndyFan93. It sounds a little low quality in that YouTube video. I wish I could post a link to it, but that's probably not allowed.

IndyFan93

spiralout said:
Me too. I recommend you find the MP3, IndyFan93. It sounds a little low quality in that YouTube video. I wish I could post a link to it, but that's probably not allowed.
It doesn't sound too bad, I don't think. BUT THERE'S A HIGHER QUALITY mp3 version? You probably could post it. Heck, I just posted a youtube video. The only Indy-type place I know of where it's not allowed is JWFan.

Benraianajones said:
HECK YEAH IT'S AWESOME! I'VE WANTED THIS FOR MONTHS!!! :D lol

Benraianajones

IndyFan93 said:
It doesn't sound too bad, I don't think. BUT THERE'S A HIGHER QUALITY mp3 version? You probably could post it. Heck, I just posted a youtube video. The only Indy-type place I know of where it's not allowed is JWFan.

HECK YEAH IT'S AWESOME! I'VE WANTED THIS FOR MONTHS!!! :D lol

I like the section of Irina's theme sped up about 1.41 -149 in to it, when the camera shows her reaction to Jones approaching.

indyclone25

IndyFan93 said:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/MO4f3rapcT8&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/MO4f3rapcT8&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Pure awesomeness! :D

how do you go about making that into a mp3 file ? i would like to know how to do that

IndyFan93

indyclone25 said:
how do you go about making that into a mp3 file ? i would like to know how to do that
Ah. I'd be glad to tell you. You copy the URL, and go to http://zamzar.com/url. Put the URL in, select "CONVERT TO: mp3", (and your email in) and it'll convert. The file will then process and when it's done, you'll get an email.

Benraianajones said:
I like the section of Irina's theme sped up about 1.41 -149 in to it, when the camera shows her reaction to Jones approaching.
I KNOW! I LOVE IT! I love this full version and have been waiting for it for months. I was so happy when I found it, and recognized that it was indeed the film's version! I LOVE IT! :D

muttjones

spiralout said:

I'm a little sad that even though the Raiders score is complete now, the Temple of Doom and Last Crusade scores are still missing some tracks like "Fortune and Glory" and "Mara Raja & The Dinner" and the drum music from the bridge scene. Last Crusade is missing a bunch of smaller cues. There are also some curious cuts in some tracks like the absence of "Anything Goes" during the night club fight scene. "Return to the Village - Raiders March" should have been on the Temple of Doom disc instead of the bonus disc and should have went straight into the end credits instead of cutting off on the climax.

why is it so difficult to put full scores on disc for us? why must they continuously be cut and edited. Give us the full thing!!!!!!

michael

Just a minor question...When anyone uploaded The Last Crusade into itunes, did it read: "Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade - Original Motion Picture Soundtrac" It's a shorter title than Temple, but that was fine, so was just wondering. Hmm.

Kevin

I got this set last week, and I just love it. I have a pretty long commute, so I've been listening to it on my way to work in the morning and on the way home at night (I try to coincide my daring lane-changes with the cues of the music).

Also, since I have seen the films so many times, and the music is so familiar, listening to the soundtrack in the car is a lot like watching the movie on the way to work, which is pretty cool. Although I got thrown off last night when the motorcycle chase music came before the castle escape music on the LC disk. Anyway, great set, glad to have it!:)

RONDC20

Ok so I just got it and part of me is ecstatic while part of me is also a bit dissapointed. As far as Raiders and Temple of Doom are concerened I really have no complaints, but Last Crusade and Crystal Skull I'm a little miffed about.

First of all I thought that finally we would be getting a high quality full version of "Belly of the Steel Beast" You guys know what I mean. You know how at the 2:22 mark they skip a whole section of the cue as it was in the movie, UGH!!! They simply skip alot of great music.

I was also expecting a more complete release of Crystal Skull.

Darth Vile

Really?

Last Crusade has pretty much everything of note, apart from a couple of minor exceptions such as 'Packet from Dad' etc. Also, we get 'On the Tank', which is pretty much the missing music from the tank chase scene.

Darth Vile said:
Also, we get 'On the Tank', which is pretty much the missing music from the tank chase scene.
Yep, it is. "On the tank" is the part that's missing from the middle of "Belly of the Steel Beast". For the movie it was edited differently, but actually it was recorded in these separate parts.

Junior Jones

RONDC20 said:
I was also expecting a more complete release of Crystal Skull.

You must not have been paying attention. The previous discussion in this thread made it quite clear that this is the same disc from the original release. It was also made quite clear how disappointed many of us are by that.