Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings

The Tingler

Is there any advice at all of beating this part or do I just have to keep trying to fight these huge soldiers?

Rule one: never, ever fight straight here. Pick up and chuck things all the time, use the whip, grab and smash soldiers into things (or out the window). If you're going to fight straight, make sure you use the wrench or the crowbar in the corners alongside the cage. The whip is your best friend here, and I also like the octopi. In the back two corners of the room by the window you can also press A to swing from the pipes in the ceiling, then use the collapsed pipes as a weapon.
Rule two: The guys in black and the last guy in brown are the tough ones. If you see the soldier in the dark brown uniform you're nearly done, no more will come after him. Pick off the other soldiers first and then just chuck things at them.
Rule three: If they're holding something, whip them or chuck something first. Then whip them again.
Rule four: Beware the metal fire extinguishers. There's one by the octopus tank and I think another in the opposite corner. They're a wild card - they'll either win the day or finish you off. If they go off, make sure you get to the other side of the room fast. If you're lucky, it won't come after you and instead finish off a load of Nazis. If you're unlucky, it'll take off almost all your health or kill you completely.
Rule five: Run around the tables a lot, using the whip and chucking things, stopping to occasionally grab a Nazi and smack him into something. That's what I did anyway.

Billy Ray

darthsidious42 said:
I don't think it's nearly as good as Emperors tomb but I was enjoying it until I got to the piano level.:mad: I can't get the thing to go where I want, the controls just suck on this level! It's been years since I've got this pissed at a game. I had to shut it off today to prevent myself from destroying my wii remote.

LOL, I am right there with you! This was exactly my experience yesterday! I too had to turn i off because I knew if I didn't that dang Wii-mote was going through my brand new flat screen! Very frustrating level...anyone have any tips?

darthsidious42

I just watched a youtube video of the piano level and I still can't beat this. I just can't get the thing to do what I want, the controls are just awful. I've made it about a minute and a half in a few times but there always seems to be a nazi that gets too high on the ladder so I get the piano over in time but it hits too low.

Also, why does one bullet magically kill me now when I could take several shots on earlier levels?
And why can't I just duck if a nazi gets up the ladder and takes a shot?

And why the hell can't I just take out my gun and shoot these guys and just leave the piano?

I'm just going to put it down again for a while so I don't smash why wii remote to bits!

OhioJones

Billy Ray said:
LOL, I am right there with you! This was exactly my experience yesterday! I too had to turn i off because I knew if I didn't that dang Wii-mote was going through my brand new flat screen! Very frustrating level...anyone have any tips?

Never let your Wii-mote go out of a set range of motion. Pretend it really is a lever and can only be pushed so far in any direction. As soon as you push the Wii-mote to far, it doesn't pick up the motion. The smaller and more precise your gesture is, the better.

lao che & sons

I just finished it yeaterday. The games ending was the best part story wise and gameplay wise of the game. The story was good but had some 'nuke the fridge' moments like the whole rollercoaster:sick: . I think with one more year they could've added a marshal colledge cut-scene and the red lines between levels. it just all seemed unfinished. But the end was great!!!

sandiegojones

IrishLuck1980 said:
And when, WHEN did Nazis wear arm bands with the German Cross?!?!?
When everyone got all politically correct. You can't even show history accurately now. I bet in the future they'll change Raider like they did with E.T. They'll give Nazi's yellow happy faces on their arms instead of swastikas and the ark with shoot out rainbows instead of lightning and fire!

dr.jones1986

sandiegojones said:
When everyone got all politically correct. You can't even show history accurately now. I bet in the future they'll change Raider like they did with E.T. They'll give Nazi's yellow happy faces on their arms instead of swastikas and the ark with shoot out rainbows instead of lightning and fire!

"theyll change nazis to people with political differences" south park

The Tingler

Billy Ray said:

I posted this a few pages ago. I might set up a Hints & Tips page on IndyJones.net this weekend if people think this is handy:-

Rule 1: Keep calm. Don't get cross, keep a level head. This is the hardest part. If you get too annoyed, walk away and try later. You don't even have to turn your Wii off.
2: Stick between two ladders. If possibly try to keep to the top two, but if one soldier gets up there move to the nearest two.
3: Just swing between these two ladders. Unless you see a soldier go to a particular side, stay in the middle at all times.
4: Try and learn the pattern. They mostly come to the left side, but try and keep to the middle.
5: If you don't get them first try and they start to climb, try and rub the ladder forward and back with the piano. And hope.
6: Hope the controls actually work. It responds really well, but it's easy if annoyed to lose control and push them too far. This is why Wiimote Waggling doesn't really work - it relies too much on us to stay in control!! Just remember to use the strap, and have a pillow hand if you want something to hit or a place to chuck your remote.

AlivePoet

sandiegojones said:

I don't actually recall the Nazis having swastikas on their arms... though there were many symbols on flags and mechanical things.

Shia Labeouf was interviewed by Big Download. In the interview he talks about his history with gaming.

(BD) - What?s the last game that really impressed you?

(Shia) - Sid Meier?s Civilization.

(BD) - You play everything including real-time strategy?

(Shia) - Buddy, I?m a gamer. Not just the fake ones you read about.

(BD) - Have you checked out the Wii Transformers game?

(Shia) - I haven?t been able to play the Wii game because my hand is broken. I?ve just been playing Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. I would imagine that the Wii experience will be like?I don?t mess with the Wii, to be honest with you. It?s kind of an amateur console. I?m not into the Wii thing.

(BD) - What?s wrong with the Wii?

(Shia) - This is how in a simple way you can find out if it?s a gamer you want to play with. Ask them if they have a Wii. If they say yes, get the f*** out of there.

darthsidious42

The Tingler said:
I posted this a few pages ago. I might set up a Hints & Tips page on IndyJones.net this weekend if people think this is handy:-

Rule 1: Keep calm. Don't get cross, keep a level head. This is the hardest part. If you get too annoyed, walk away and try later. You don't even have to turn your Wii off.
2: Stick between two ladders. If possibly try to keep to the top two, but if one soldier gets up there move to the nearest two.
3: Just swing between these two ladders. Unless you see a soldier go to a particular side, stay in the middle at all times.
4: Try and learn the pattern. They mostly come to the left side, but try and keep to the middle.
5: If you don't get them first try and they start to climb, try and rub the ladder forward and back with the piano. And hope.
6: Hope the controls actually work. It responds really well, but it's easy if annoyed to lose control and push them too far. This is why Wiimote Waggling doesn't really work - it relies too much on us to stay in control!! Just remember to use the strap, and have a pillow hand if you want something to hit or a place to chuck your remote.

Thanks!
After many hours of hell I finally beat this level!

Vance

AlivePoet said:
I don't actually recall the Nazis having swastikas on their arms... though there were many symbols on flags and mechanical things.

It was pretty much only the SS. Most German soldiers in WWII did indeed just wear the German Cross symbol. (Look up Osprey books on the subject). Granted, these games aren't exactly pushing authentism anyway.

The Tingler

spiralout said:

I'm not saying their score's not valid from a certain point of view, but I'm intently suspicious of that review.

Notice how the reviewer doesn't use any pictures or make any mention of levels after San Francisco.

Notice how he says there's no love interest for Indy in this game, even though Maggie was introduced the level after San Francisco.

I don't think the reviewer made it past the rooftop shootout (agreed, it IS a very badly designed moment, but doable) and is venting his frustration on the game. If I'd reviewed the game at this point, I would have given it 3.5 as well.

Ska

The Tingler said:
I'm not saying their score's not valid from a certain point of view, but I'm intently suspicious of that review.

Notice how the reviewer doesn't use any pictures or make any mention of levels after San Francisco.

Notice how he says there's no love interest for Indy in this game, even though Maggie was introduced the level after San Francisco.

I don't think the reviewer made it past the rooftop shootout (agreed, it IS a very badly designed moment, but doable) and is venting his frustration on the game. If I'd reviewed the game at this point, I would have given it 3.5 as well.

Glad to hear this, cause I was starting to wonder why I traded Tomb Raider Underworld (PS3) for this (Wii version) yesterday. I'm only in San Fran.

At the moment, I'm more excited about starting FoA than finishing SoK.

Billy Ray

The Tingler said:

Hey, thanks for your tips! I was finally able to beat this part yesterday after only a few tries. I didn't realize that they had to go up the two back ladders in order to lower the two front ones and also didn't realize you could "rub" the piano like that. So happy to beat this part.

The really crappy part though was that, the first time I beat it, I got locked up on the ensuing shoot out portion! I reached a point where Indy is shooting at some Nazis above him, where you can see the planes hanging from their racks, and I killed all of them and then...NOTHING!:mad: there were no enemies to shoot, but I wouldn't move out of the shooting mode and runn up the ramp...I just stayed there behind the crate! I tried shooting everything and nothing happened. I had to restart the level, which of course took me back to the piano part since I hadn't hit a checkpoint yet! I literally screamed in agony!!!! My son had been watching me and asked if he could have a try and beat it on his second attempt:rolleyes:

Anyway, I got past the shooting part and didn't really find the big fight afterward all that troublesome. I'm at the motorcycle chase part now.

Johnny Nys

Rocket Surgeon said:
I don?t mess with the Wii, to be honest with you. It?s kind of an amateur console. I?m not into the Wii thing.

(BD) - What?s wrong with the Wii?

(Shia) - This is how in a simple way you can find out if it?s a gamer you want to play with. Ask them if they have a Wii. If they say yes, get the f*** out of there.

What I think, he played against Megan Fox and she totally kicked his a$$, so now he blames it on the console ;)

http://www.whattheyplay.com/features/megan-fox-celebrity-gamer/

The Tingler

Hmm, this PSP screenshot is interesting:

full20090303152542.jpg

Notice anything?

Haven't got to this part yet, so can't confirm it.