Old Trilogy Interviews

bergstrom

Did they gang, i.e Spielberg/Lucas/Harrison ever appear on daytime tv doing interviews etc. In 1981 we didn't have Letterman etc ( I think), so did they ever appear on the talk shows of that era and has any1 got old clips they could share on youtube?

Thanks,

Berg

Stoo

For the greater part of the '80s, Harrison interviews were rare. Lucas would be seen
here & there on TV at the time but Spielberg was probably the most media-friendly.
Usually, though, when any of them were seen talking about Indy, the interview was
on set/location or part of a documentary. Personally, I don't remember any "talk show"
appearances but, hey, I was in high school and daytime TV was not something that
I paid attention to.

1981 also saw the beginning of "Entertainment Tonight" which was the place to catch
any Indy news/interviews. I was lucky enough to record K.Capshaw in '84 plus two
other choice interviews from 1989. (A.Doody & J.Rhys-Davis).

The 1st late-night show I saw with Harrison Ford was around '90/'91 promoting
either "Presumed Innocent" or "Regarding Henry". I taped it and have not watched
it since then. The 1st time I saw G.Lucas on late-night TV was last year on
"The Stephen Colbert Report" (I'm sure there are other appearances that
I'm unaware of).

torao

Moderator Emeritus
On Bladezone there's a 82 Letterman interview that I love. Although Ford promotes Blade Runner they essentially talk about his contract player years and then....Raiders! Ford is wonderful. He's talking about his relationship to merchandising, stunts and other things. Not essentially new things but it's still great to watch him talk about it.
It's a streaming file, though. Right on top:

http://media.bladezone.com/contents/film/video/

ElsaFan

Stoo, is there any way you could put the Alison Doody interview from E.T. online? I've been wanting to see this for ages!

torao

Moderator Emeritus
I don't know any way to actually download it. I hope you still were able to watch it. Maybe someone with some actual knowledge could help out on that issue. I don't know why they put this up on youtube. Would be cool. Or ...for that matter to make it downloadable..

bergstrom

torao said:
I don't know any way to actually download it. I hope you still were able to watch it. Maybe someone with some actual knowledge could help out on that issue. I don't know why they put this up on youtube. Would be cool. Or ...for that matter to make it downloadable..

Hi, watched them, brilliant!!! But would love to have them for keeps. If any1 can record them and upload to rapidshare, that would be brilliant!

B

Stoo

Just listened to the Letterman interview. I downloaded the necessary codec
but got no picture! Nonetheless, it was very good. Thanks, tarao!

That clip comes from the collection of someone who I dealt with in my video
trading days. He has an ENORMOUS amoumt of stuff and is well into trading
but not selling or give-aways. There is a way of turning a YouTube clip into
a Flash movie file and then converting it into an MPG, etc. Our systems
administrator gave me some helpful links but I've yet to fully explore them.

ElsaFan, I'll try and see if I can post a playable file of Doody here at The Raven.
Sound good?

Stoo

I recently added the "vintage" Alison Doody interview from May '89 to YouTube.
Apologies for the triple notification but I didn't want anyone missing out on it.
Stay tuned - I might just add some more! Hope you like...

Stoo said:
I recently added the "vintage" Alison Doody interview from May '89 to YouTube.
Apologies for the triple notification but I didn't want anyone missing out on it.
Stay tuned - I might just add some more! Hope you like...

Thanks dude!

Stoo

2 more vintage interviews from my collection have been added to YouTube.
Check them out:

Kate Capshaw - Entertainment Tonight June 1984

Harrison Ford - Entertainment Tonight June 1989

The K.Capshaw segment contains a few shots on the set of Club Obi-Wan
and the Ford bit has the deleted, spider scene from "Last Crusade".

Stay tuned for more, Indy Fans...:hat:

Stoo

I've seen that interview and it's a good one! (By the way, Rocket, there is no 'c' in 'Shalit'.);)

P.S. Why put this in the "Kingdom of the Cyrstal Skull" section?

P.P.S. Did you find these clips through the links in the Indy Comunidad Fan Espanol site? That's where I saw 'em.

Last edited:
Stoo said:
I've seen that interview and it's a good one! (By the way, Rocket, there is no 'c' in 'Shalit'.);)
Thanks...

Stoo said:
P.S. Why put this in the "Kingdom of the Cyrstal Skull" section?
Oh well, just looking for an "Interview" thread...didn't really pay attention to the directory! Maybe it's worth moving to a "General" thread?

Stoo said:
P.P.S. Did you find the link through the Indy Comunidad Fan Espanol site?
Bearded Trio just posted it...:hat:

Could have used these in the retrospective!

Indy's brother

Attila the Professor said:
The totally empty background

It's not completely empty, you can see the crew walking around back there to keep the audience's focus on how riveting this is. Honestly, it's the interviewer's responsibility to get the most out of this.....fail.