Indy jewellery - or 'how to get your wife to forgive your collecting habits'...

inky_skin

So, I was trying to think of the best way to use all those relics I had lying around. A charm bracelet seemed like a smart idea - with the added bonus of my being able to gift it to my wife as a thank-you for her unwavering support of my toy collecting ;)

indy_charm.jpg

inky_skin

WillKill4Food said:
I don't know your wife...but what woman wants rubber jewelry?

The low-maintenance type - not like I cheaped out on an eternity ring. Besides, she loves Indy, likes quirky stuff, and appreciated the gift. Not sure what 'your kind of woman' would expect...

Attila the Professor

Staff member
inky_skin said:
The low-maintenance type - not like I cheaped out on an eternity ring. Besides, she loves Indy, likes quirky stuff, and appreciated the gift. Not sure what 'your kind of woman' would expect...

She even liked the "blood of kali" charm?

inky_skin

Attila the Professor said:
She even liked the "blood of kali" charm?

How do you think I got her to marry me ? I just have to keep her away from naked flames to ensure the 'black sleep' doesn't wear off.

Bantha5

I cast an Idol in 24kt Gold. Didn't know what to do with it so I gave it to my wife. She didn't know what to do with it either, but I don't think any woman would complain about being given gold. Wish the pic was better, It turned out really well and is surprisingly heavy for it's size. Ryan

131-3185_IMG.jpg

inky_skin

Bantha5 said:
I cast an Idol in 24kt Gold. Didn't know what to do with it so I gave it to my wife. She didn't know what to do with it either, but I don't think any woman would complain about being given gold. Wish the pic was better, It turned out really well and is surprisingly heavy for it's size. Ryan

Nice work Ryan - looks like I've been truly outclassed ! Mind you, even Indy looks like he's in two minds about what to do with it. How 'bout you wear it as a gold tooth ?

Luke Sprywalker

Inky great work man. Nice idea for the wrist work. I am on the same level as I too would only have a low maintenance woman. We spend money on trips and time together rater than excessive jewelry and things like that...but I guess that is another topic. Great job man.

Goodeknight

Rocket Surgeon said:

Quite interesting.

You know, cast in gold, the coiled whip would look good as a hoop earring. Small one would work well for a guy.

Bantha, Indy should be presenting the idol to the Willie action figure. Not diamond, but solid gold ain't bad.

And, as others pointed out, the charm that caught my eye was the blood of Kali cup. Hilarious. "Oh, a bracelet! With a gold lady giving birth, a rock with three marks on it, an alien head, and...what...is that a .... ew!"

Awesome.

Caidanbi

inky_skin said:
So, I was trying to think of the best way to use all those relics I had lying around. A charm bracelet seemed like a smart idea - with the added bonus of my being able to gift it to my wife as a thank-you for her unwavering support of my toy collecting ;)

indy_charm.jpg

That is cute! If it were made of metal and gemstones instead of plastic I would totally wear it ^-^

inky_skin

Heh, thanks. I created this thread almost 3 years ago, so I had totally forgotten about it and was extremely suprised to see it unearthed. My wife still wears the charm bracelet and to be honest, I have so many relics in my fodder bin I could probably crank out several more. Maybe it's time for a (Regr)Etsy account ? ;)

Henry W Jones

Nice work Inky!!!! While my woman is low maintenance as well, she is not a huge fan of my collecting at times, so I don't know if she would like a "Indy" charm bracelet or if she would give it "the look". Regardless, very clever use of extra parts. :hat: