General Indy 5 Thread - rumors and possibilities

Honestly...will there be another Indy film in the next decade?

• Total voters

jeshopk

I am pretty sure that if there is another one, Lucas will want to use his haunted castle idea or his chinese religions research. In fact, it would be pretty great if they split that into 2 movies instead of combining them in the same movie, as the Monkey King script did.

If they recycle any ideas from the Monkey King development process, they should certainly nix the intelligent gorillas and the talking monkey, and especially the golden hoop. Indy battling dogs and suits of armor would actually be welcome.

I would love to see Lucas utilize the legendary chinese land of Mount Penglai (known as Mt. Hōrai in Japan) in one of his Indy stories. There have been expeditions to find it, but it is purely fantastic and could provide at least a good element to the script, even if we never see it.

"There is no pain and no winter; there are rice bowls and wine glasses that never become empty no matter how much people eat or drink from them; and there are magical fruits growing in Penglai that can heal any disease, grant eternal youth, and even raise the dead."

Darth Vile

jeshopk said:
I am pretty sure that if there is another one, Lucas will want to use his haunted castle idea or his chinese religions research. In fact, it would be pretty great if they split that into 2 movies instead of combining them in the same movie, as the Monkey King script did.

If they recycle any ideas from the Monkey King development process, they should certainly nix the intelligent gorillas and the talking monkey, and especially the golden hoop. Indy battling dogs and suits of armor would actually be welcome.

I would love to see Lucas utilize the legendary chinese land of Mount Penglai (known as Mt. Hōrai in Japan) in one of his Indy stories. There have been expeditions to find it, but it is purely fantastic and could provide at least a good element to the script, even if we never see it.

"There is no pain and no winter; there are rice bowls and wine glasses that never become empty no matter how much people eat or drink from them; and there are magical fruits growing in Penglai that can heal any disease, grant eternal youth, and even raise the dead."

Really? I thought "Monkey King" was by far the weakest script offering. I'd sooner take elements of "City of the Gods" than MK... But that's just me.

Like TEMPEL of DOOM, the story goes 2 years back!

A letter to the masters of adventure movies:

Dear George, dear Steven, dear Harrison, dear John!

Before Indy meets the aliens -
Before Indy knew that he has a son -
Before Indy is married -
He goes for another independent adventure! :)

Like Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom, it would be a great challenge to see Indy in an adventure which happened 2 years before the last story (Crystall Skull). All friends, the family ties and enemies in that movie could be independent from the story of Crystal Skull and that leaves enough space for a well elaborated story, without compromisses to the ( Be objective: the crude) crystall skull story.
Even the Soundtrack will have less recyceled themes. :D

So make Indy 2 years younger, while Harry gets 2 years older - It happened to Ford already with Temple after Raiders - It was great! - So do it again! ;)

jeshopk

Darth Vile said:
Really? I thought "Monkey King" was by far the weakest script offering. I'd sooner take elements of "City of the Gods" than MK... But that's just me.

Chris Columbus did not take the chinese folklore seriously, but many Chinese people do. Lucas ultimately thought the script was too unrealistic. It could be incorporated seriously, and not as explicitly. The silly tone and overexposure to unrealistic elements spoiled the script, but the idea of incorporating a Chinese folkloric macguffin for one movie, and a haunted castle for another movie is appealing to me. They would just need to have a better balance bwtween the supernatural and the natural.

If Lucas is going to introduce Chinese folklore to Western audiences in an Indiana Jones movie, it needs to be done with as much seriousness and mystery as Raiders.

caats

just watch raiders and skull with friends who hadn't really seen skull yet. they enjoyed it. didn't understand the problem with tarzan or aliens. one friend asked if they were making a fifth. i said they said it was likely. anyway. i imagine lucas must be working on the story by now since his team has been looking for a macguffin since august. i hope to get an announcement soon.

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
What? People are still hoping for this?

I really, really sincerely doubt it.

However... I did have a dream about a Indy V. And in my dream, it was marginally better than KOTCS, but still weird.

Ignore me. My dreams are always some kind of weird. :rolleyes:

IMHO.... It just ain't gonna happen. Remember though, with the talk of Indy IV, I believed Indy IV would happen so I'm not one of those people who keep saying it ain't gonna happen all the time. What exactly do the big three have to gain from a fifth really? We're the only ones that have something to gain (and lose) depending on how a fifth would turn out.

so wah mu

...Russians!

...so here's the plan!

... they kidnap HF SS GL (coded for obvious reasons, and in no order of rank) take 'em to an aircraft hangar full of marked crates in the middle of a desert, somewhere near a greasy spoon café (call it Atomic or something), bundle them out of the back of a trunk, blow open the doors and make our demands.

Indy 5 or the fraulien get's it!(y)

I don't know...I'm makin' it up as I go!

DocWhiskey

so wah mu said:
...so here's the plan!

... they kidnap HF SS GL (coded for obvious reasons, and in no order of rank) take 'em to an aircraft hangar full of marked crates in the middle of a desert, somewhere near a greasy spoon café (call it Atomic or something), bundle them out of the back of a trunk, blow open the doors and make our demands.

Indy 5 or the fraulien get's it!(y)

I don't know...I'm makin' it up as I go!

"But be careful, so wah mu, we don't know them...don't know, we don't know them! WE DON'T KNOW THEM!"

Just take away the whip (condemning their escape)and they shall meet our demands. Otherwise...we'll nuke Kate Capshaw, Calista Flockheart, and Hayden Christensen.

James

If they didn't want to make another, they would've just presented Indy 4 as the swansong. It's what everyone fully expected them to do anyway. They finally had the chance to put a stop to the endless "Next Indy?" questions that had plagued them for nearly two decades. And they didn't.

So it wouldn't surprise me if they made another one- and I actually don't see any great urgency, either. Realistically, they have a window of at least 3-5 years to play with here. I know 2014 seems out of reach today- especially for younger fans- but it won't feel that way when it actually gets here.

Back in 1989, I would've never expected Indy 4 to take until 2008. But here we are.

Morning Bell

James said:
Back in 1989, I would've never expected Indy 4 to take until 2008. But here we are.

This is a good point. We still have a window of a few years for them to make Indy V if they decide to. Realistically, I don't see it happening but at least the option's always there.

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
Do they have April Fools Day in France? (Maybe they invented it...)
According to preliminary information released by LucasFilm, the script will be written by Spielberg himself. The story begins ten years after the events of the fourth film and the announcement of the presence among the characters of Neil Armstrong, first man to have traveled to the Moon, suggests that part of the plot takes place in the space. So a big surprise, since wondered how the world of Indy will be transferred in the register of the space odyssey, but it is not counting our brave adventurer had already faced aliens in the fourth film.
Indy will there lashes in Apesenteur? The response in May 2012 at the movies!

Rayder

Indy 5 will only be done if they get their butts into gear and get started, they kind of need to worry about age, but then again 70 is the new 60, and anything can happen.

Moedred said:
Do they have April Fools Day in France? (Maybe they invented it...)

According to preliminary information released by LucasFilm, the script will be written by Spielberg himself. The story begins ten years after the events of the fourth film and the announcement of the presence among the characters of Neil Armstrong, first man to have traveled to the Moon, suggests that part of the plot takes place in the space. So a big surprise, since wondered how the world of Indy will be transferred in the register of the space odyssey, but it is not counting our brave adventurer had already faced aliens in the fourth film.
Indy will there lashes in Apesenteur? The response in May 2012 at the movies!

As far as I know, April Fools Day is something global. It does exist in America, but it also exists in countries all across Europe as well.

We do have it in Italy, for example. Here we simply call it "the first of April" (the day), while we refer to the jokes as "pesce d'aprile", which literally means "April's fish". Don't ask me why, I wouldn't know the answer.

But sadly - or fortunately, it depends - this is enough for me to conclude that almost certainly, that news was just a stupid joke.

I_Luv_Indy215

Indy 5

I know this is a little off topic but i'm dying to know...

Does anyone out there know anything about a possible Indiana Jones 5??
I really hope so but I just keep finding things like "possibly" and "maybe but hopefully it doesn;t take 20 years" so i have done research

i just want to see if anyone has found anything different

Thanks~~