Color of Money
Road Warrior
Bride of Chucky
T2
Mission Imp 3

(y) (y) (y)

oki9Sedo

Attila the Professor said:
Well, I don't mean in terms of the numbering, though that can be an interesting question too.

What I'm musing on is whether by virtue of the same cast, crew, director, and general atmosphere, but different characters and plot line, we can really say that The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly, qualifies as a sequel to A Fistful of Dollars and For a Few Dollars More.

Its a sequel if its set in the same world as the previous film, and features the main character from the previous film as the lead again.

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly is actually a prequel to the first two films, isn't it?

Matinee Idyll

TheMan said:
The French Connection II is eternally underrated, but it's a terrific, grubby 70's cop movie. Classic closing shot, too.

Exactly man, yeah. It's probably Hackmans greatest sustained performance too, the withdrawal sequence is one of the most incredible in film.

PhantomStranger

oki9Sedo said:
The Good, the Bad and the Ugly is actually a prequel to the first two films, isn't it?

Yes it is a prequel. "The Good The Bad and The Ugly" takes place during the American Civil War while "Fistful Of Dollars" and "For A Few Dollars More" take place in the 1870's

indifan101

Empire Strikes Back
Temple of Doom
Aliens
Jaws 2
Rocky 2
The Godfather part 2
Spiderman 2
Pirates of the Carribean Dead Man's Chest
Halloween 2
Friday the 13th Part 2
Rambo First Blood
Matrix Reloaded
Terminator 2
American Pie 2
The Dirty Dozen Fatal Mission
Shrek 2
Toy Story 2
Bourne Supremecy
Bourn Ultimatium

The Good, The Bad And The Ugly is a prequel in which The Man With No Name acquires his famous poncho. He doesn't actually find the poncho until the latter section of the movie. Great movie with a show stealing Eli Wallach as Tuco.

French Connection II is superior to the original, too.

oki9Sedo

PhantomStranger said:
Yes it is a prequel. "The Good The Bad and The Ugly" takes place during the American Civil War while "Fistful Of Dollars" and "For A Few Dollars More" take place in the 1870's

I thought that was the case. It was the best of the three IMO.

I always though Ennio Morricone's theme for For A Few Dollars More was better than the famous The Good, The Bad and The Ugly theme, although thats great too obviously.

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
Last Crusade makes final four:

527069_345858248835358_951954927_n.jpg

michael

That's cool.

After a quick study of that, The Last Crusade had a pretty easy bracket.

And can't believe Temple of Doom was a higher seed than Toy Story 3.

And also, MI:4 should have beat Rocky III.

kongisking

michael said:
That's cool.

After a quick study of that, The Last Crusade had a pretty easy bracket.

And can't believe Temple of Doom was a higher seed than Toy Story 3.

And also, MI:4 should have beat Rocky III.

Agreed with all of this. Temple of Doom may be badass Indy incarnate, but Toy Story 3 was emotional nostalgia incarnate.

Thanks for posting!

Wow...

The Color of Money?

Last Crusade vs Waynes World?!?!?!
God Father II vs Jackass II ?!
Dark Knight vs Christmas Vacation?!
Temple of Doom vs Toy Story?

Return of the Jedi should have gone up against Return of the King...what a sham.

Who makes this crap up?

Makes the BCS look reasonable!

Goodeknight

Best entry/continuation in a series

Companion thread.

Unfortunately, "worst" is turning out to be pretty easy. What about the best?

The original Star Wars trilogy obviously succeeds, probably due to the fact that it was conceived as one cohesive story in three parts.

Indy succeeds, even if TOD isn't people's favorite. There are plenty that prefer LC to Raiders.

Terminator I is a classic relatively low budget film. Some of those sequels were pretty good, where they could have been crap with a good story sacrificed for a big budget effects.

A number of the Superman sequels were good, but I don't think any were as good as the original. Some were terrible. Richard Pryor??

Other gooders have included Iron Man, Spider-Man (2 at least), Toy Story, Shrek, Back to the Future, Lord of the Rings, X-Men. And some old classics like Bride of Frankenstein.

Thoughts?

Montana Smith

Aliens (though I like all the Alien films)

The Dark Knight

The Empire Strikes Back
Return of the Jedi

Hellboy II

Jurassic Park 2

Kill Bill Vol. 2.
;)

Lord of the Rings : The Two Towers
Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King

Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man?s Chest
Pirates of the Caribbean: At World?s End

Beneath Planet of the Apes
Escape from the Planet of the Apes
Conquest of the Planet of the Apes

Predator 2 (better than the original)

Resident Evil: Apocalypse
Resident Evil: Extinction
Resident Evil: Afterlife (well, it is Milla)

Silence of the Lambs: Hannibal
Silence of the Lambs: Hannibal Rising

Terminator 2

After The Thin Man
Another Thin Man
Shadow of The Thin Man
The Thin Man Goes Home
Song of The Thin Man

Goodeknight

Good list, Montana.

(I feel some input from Stoo coming soon, including some thoughts about your Thin Man entries.)

I had it in mind but forgot to mention Planet of the Apes. Nice addition. While the original was *the* classic, there are some great films in that (long) series.

Stoo

goodeknight said:
(I feel some input from Stoo coming soon, including some thoughts about your Thin Man entries.)
Input? How's this for input:

Good Sequels

:p

In that thread, I listed some titles in a couple of posts. A few months ago, Moedred posted a cool chart of "Battle for the Best Movie Sequel of All Time". Worth a look if you're interested in such things but it doesn't have anything earlier than "The Godfather: Part II" so forget about this, 'of-all-time', business.:rolleyes:

I haven't seen all of the "Thin Man" sequels but the ones that I have were highly enjoyable. (In my best Frosted Flakes/Tony the Tiger voice) They'r-r-re GR-R-R-R-REAT!(y)