Indy 4 on DVD

iLUVINDY

BlockBuster is offering the movie comic book (With exclusive new cover) if u reserve your copy of the DVD in stores. (y)

indyfan105

the blockbuster deal will work with both the dvd and bluray edition. I preordered the bluray edition my from my local blockbuster video store.

Jacob

Indy's brother

Can't wait for the dvd! I missed this in the theater:http://www.eeggs.com/items/53122.html

And I don't know if it's been mentioned before, but as Indy and Mutt are motoring through the protesters, I could swear that one of the picket signs said "Temple of Doom!" I caught it the first time I saw Skull, but was unable to find it again during subsequent viewings. I have a feeling that this flick is loaded with hidden references/jokes. Repeat viewings...here I come. Also, I hope they put some real easter eggs in this dvd. They haven't yet in this series, but hey, I can dream, right?

-Jones-

Here you can see the DVD menu ;).

http://www.dvdactive.com/news/releases/indiana-jones-and-the-kingdom-of-the-crystal-skull.html

indymen1.jpg

indymen2.jpg

indymen7.jpg

Goonie

^The menus look alright, but too bad they didn't keep them the same style as the three DVDs that came out this year.

Lord_glavin

so does anyone know if there will be a bluray version of the crystal skull set? cause I don't really want to buy 2 versions...but HD is just so pretty O_O especially now that I've got a bluray drive on my laptop for my world travels lol

Dr.Sartorius

Darth Vile said:
Quite a moderate and sensible review of the movie I thought... Sadly, the extra's don't seem to be anything that special.

Have Spielberg DVD extras ever been anything special?

At least we're getting trailers and photo galleries.

Darth Vile

Dr.Sartorius said:
Have Spielberg DVD extras ever been anything special?

At least we're getting trailers and photo galleries.

As far as commentaries and the likes go... no. But the special features for 'Jaws' and 'Close Encounters' are pretty good. If they view as well as those, they will keep me entertained.

Forbidden Eye

Indy's brother said:
Can't wait for the dvd! I missed this in the theater:http://www.eeggs.com/items/53122.html

I'm sure that's BS, I've seen it three times and don't remember any of the sort. The characters don't ever talk about "the downfall of America" until at Indy's house. Plus, I'd trust Spielberg and Lucas to not have given us total(out of context) propaganda at the expense of their passion for filmmaking.

-Jones- said:
Here you can see the DVD menu ;).

Off-topic question: Blu-Ray discs don't have menus right?

Because I just got a Blu-Ray player with my first Blu-Ray(Nightmare Before Christmas) and it just lists all the bonus features on the main menu.

Just a Buena Vista thing? :confused:

torao

Moderator Emeritus
It covers the sound effects by Ben Burtt and his son Benny Burtt
Ben Burtt always seemed a bit ....special...

The extras seem quite extensive but also appear very heavy on the talking heads and post-pre-production stuff. (Independent of the film's actual quality) I was actually looking forward to the on-set footage, though. Mmhh...we'll see how that turns out.

"Closing: Team Indy" is basically a three-minute credit sequence that introduces each prominent member of the cast and crew, from the producers to the various department heads to the caterer.
Sounds nice.

TheMutt92

torao said:
Ben Burtt always seemed a bit ....special...

He's got something on Lucas I swear. I mean, he wasn't originally on Indy 4 but made himself come back... its extortion I swear (thats why Lucas makes more of these movies: to pay off old Ben :p )

QBComics

Dr.Sartorius said:
Can you describe it? Did they show anything from the special features?

Nope, but it does show footage and gives certain dialouge that matches to what's happening. More of a TV spot.

The Man

Darth Vile said:
As far as commentaries and the likes go... no. But the special features for 'Jaws' and 'Close Encounters' are pretty good. If they view as well as those, they will keep me entertained.

War Of The Worlds had two decent Production Diaries, split between filming on the East Coast and the West...