The Indy Cast

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Mitchellhallock said:
What's a pooka? I checked Urban Dictionary and dont think that's it nor is it a mythical Irish demon standing 6 feet tall and looking like a rabbit. Is this a midwest term like hinkey?

No, Harvey's a pooka, in the sense of a six foot, three-and-a-half inches tall rabbit spirit, as seen here:

l_42546_25bf3a08.jpg

Mitchellhallock said:
What's a pooka? I checked Urban Dictionary and dont think that's it nor is it a mythical Irish demon standing 6 feet tall and looking like a rabbit. Is this a midwest term like hinkey?

:p

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/IG-KaDhCQM4?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/IG-KaDhCQM4?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Mitchellhallock said:
Thanks Rob or should I call you Dr. Jones? When does part 2 air?

Ha, well Keith just sent me the final script for part 2 a couple of days ago, so production will start soon. It will take some time to complete - it's a monster project!

drwynn said:
Thanks...at least I know I can somewhat imitate not just one great actor, but two. And...that's a nice variety and range too, I might add. ;)

Cheers! Jim Carey had the same issues on SNL last weekend. Not only did he do Billie Holiday (eh) he pulled off a flawless Alan Thicke! (No one does a Thicke!). Though his Miss Piggy crossed over into Grover...

<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" width="384" height="283" align="middle"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><param name="movie" value="http://widget.nbc.com/videos/nbcshort_at.swf?CXNID=1000004.10045NXC&widID=4727a250e66f9723&clipID=1268801&showID=61&siteurl=http://www.nbc.com?vty=fromWidget_Video&dst=nbc|widget|NBC Video&__source=nbc|widget|NBC Video"/><param name="quality" value="high" /><param name="bgcolor" value="#000000" /><embed src="http://widget.nbc.com/videos/nbcshort_at.swf?CXNID=1000004.10045NXC&widID=4727a250e66f9723&clipID=1268801&showID=61&siteurl=http://www.nbc.com?vty=fromWidget_Video&dst=nbc|widget|NBC Video&__source=nbc|widget|NBC Video" quality="high" bgcolor="#000000" width="384" height="283" align="middle" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"></embed></object>

harvey7297 said:
Thanks, Pat! Channeled my inner Johnny Dangerously with that one. :hat: And I crack up every time I hear Laird's "Joeyyy" as well! :D

You guys could have peppered in some voices during the rush to the elevator...but well done.:hat:

indycast

IndyCast Episode 120 is here!

This episode we flashback to 1981, talk to the Armchair Directors, we debut on the ForceCast app and you can win a blu-ray box set plus we have Rob's Indy Opinion and Pat's trivia returns and a stack of your emails! If adventure has a name, it must be the IndyCast!

You can listen to it here!

Sharkey

indycast said:
IndyCast Episode 120 is here!

This episode we flashback to 1981, talk to the Armchair Directors, we debut on the ForceCast app and you can win a blu-ray box set plus we have Rob's Indy Opinion and Pat's trivia returns and a stack of your emails! If adventure has a name, it must be the IndyCast!

You can listen to it here!
Flashback is right...this episode was really good. Like revisiting the golden days of the Indy Cast. Questionable guests, questionable "official" audio from the mire, Dr Bunson tweaked on a bit of meth, and Fozzy recycling old material...if not jokes.

Kermie had a nice interview, though I didn't really care for the guests, Kermit on deck and accounted for was welcome. Good to hear he's not a negligent frog this episode.

Piggy. Piggy, you tried. You really tried. Gonzo has gone behind your microphone or you're going back to your roots.

Dr Bunson was on a mission this week and sounded great...that listener was right, you must be more comfortable. Great job on the drama too...sounded like Beaker had a few roles though.

Fozzy, where the hell was Camilla? I was looking forward to another behind the scenes story.
You tried too...I think.

Camilla, its simple, I'd rather hear your Young Indy memories then your opinions of he music in Hook, but it would be nice if you corrected Gonzo.

All in all this was the best show in a long long time.

I give Episode 120 4 out of 5 Shankara Stones...just have to get the mud off piggy's mic.

Stoo

@Pat: Word of advice - You HAVE to cut down the audio levels of your background music. Much too distracting, making it difficult to hear what you're saying!:whip:

Congrats to Pedro and Keith for solving my Edith Wharton question. If anyone was able to answer it, I figured it would have been one of you guys. (Thank you both for squashing my chance to achieve Brotherhood status amongst you folks.:p)

Re: Chris' challenge about an Indy co-existance with "Pirates of the Caribbean":sick: F*ck off, man. Why was this question even given air-time?:confused: Bleccchhhh!:sick:

@Ed Dolista: Really looking forward to the interview with Kim Belair!(y) How did you manage to get in touch with her?

michael

Stoo, you ever gonna get back on the show? I remember a segment of yours a while back. The nervous voice cracked me up so much. Solid German accent, too.

As for this show, I haven't listened to the past few, it was sorta planned like that though, I wanted to go on a binge of the Indycast.

indycast

Stoo said:
@Ed Dolista: Really looking forward to the interview with Kim Belair!(y) How did you manage to get in touch with her?

Hey Stoo- Kim got in touch with us which was great - we'll hopefully catch up a bit closer to the exhibition opening.

DoomTown

Hey Indy-Cast listeners, remember those vintage record and cassette Indiana Jones read-a-longs? Well get ready for a special preview of the FIRST Indy-Cast produced read-a-long, "Indiana Jones and the Curse of the Death Mask" on this weeks show!

indycast

IndyCast: Episode 121 is here!

This episode we announce the winners of our Blu-Ray contest, talk Drew Struzan, annotated scripts and collectibles, get a sneak peek at Indy's Read-Along Adventures plus lots more! If adventure has a name, it must be the IndyCast! Now available on the ForceCast app!

You can listen to the episode here!

DoomTown

Stoo said:
Congrats to Pedro and Keith for solving my Edith Wharton question. If anyone was able to answer it, I figured it would have been one of you guys. (Thank you both for squashing my chance to achieve Brotherhood status amongst you folks.:p)

Re: Chris' challenge about an Indy co-existance with "Pirates of the Caribbean":sick: F*ck off, man. Why was this question even given air-time?:confused: Bleccchhhh!:sick:

Thanks Stoo. I have no doubt that one day you will have Brotherhood status.Those "Young Indy" questions are getting tougher and tougher...I also agree with you on Chris' fan challenge, talk about OUT THERE. :rolleyes: I was anxious to see if my "guess" was correct, but we didn't get trivia this week...Pat, did we ever get to hear who won the "Making of Temple" DVD'S?

Stoo

michael said:
Stoo, you ever gonna get back on the show? I remember a segment of yours a while back. The nervous voice cracked me up so much. Solid German accent, too.
Thanks, Michael. Glad you got a kick out of the nervous voice ('cause I sure did while doing it).:D In answer to your question: maybe. There are some things that I'd like to submit.
indycast said:
Hey Stoo- Kim got in touch with us which was great - we'll hopefully catch up a bit closer to the exhibition opening.
Cool.:cool: I was anticipating the interview to be in this latest episode but when you do eventually speak with Ms. Belair, tell her there's a Montreal fan asking her to join The Raven!

@Joe & Keith: Can't wait for the 1st Indy Read-A-Long! Thanks for the teaser.:D

@Mitchellhallock: The Struzan documentary sounds great but is it really directed by good ol' SHARKEY?:eek: Plus, "Hook" should never be mentioned in the same breath as Indiana Jones, "Star Wars" & "Back to the Future".:sick:

@Rob: Even though they aren't Indy-related, I loved hearing the John Barry tunes during your segment. Nice selections.(y)

RaiderMitch

TR.N Staff Member
Yes Stoo, there is a Sharkey. Erik Sharkey is listed as the director of Drew: The Man Behind the Poster. Odd thing is that documentary I found on The Mist from a few years ago with Struzan, Darabont and Del Toro seems like it's part of that "new" documentary. There was also a promotional disc giveaway that showed Struzan creating the Hellboy poster last year in a movie magazine. Again it's a mystery if that will be on the new Struzan disc as well. The Mist feature also has Drew creating a commission for Darabont of Stephen Kings Dark Tower: The Gunslinger which was used in the film. Wonder if that will be used for Ron Howard's soon to be filmed version as a one sheet? The Mist feature had another 5 minutes of Stuzan material but the background music on it was almost impossible to tone down and get clean audio. Rent it and watch it on Disc 1 if you like Struzan. I bought the Blu Ray new on Amazon for only $5.00 in December. And again sorry if I sounded muffled.

Stoo said:
@Mitchellhallock: The Struzan documentary sounds great but is it really directed by good ol' SHARKEY?:eek: Plus, "Hook" should never be mentioned in the same breath as Indiana Jones, "Star Wars" & "Back to the Future".:sick:

@Rob: Even though they aren't Indy-related, I loved hearing the John Barry tunes during your segment. Nice selections.(y)

Thanks, Stoo! I wouldn't usually break format, but the death of such a talented and influential composer definitely seemed to warrant a tribute, however small it may have been. It was certainly the least I could do in recognition of all the joy I've gotten out of John Barry's music.

And lay off of Hook! You're stomping on one of my favorite movies from childhood, man! :) Besides, Struzan's Hook artwork was excellent and is certainly worthy of being mentioned alongside the rest of his work.

DoomTown

Stoo said:
@Joe & Keith: Can't wait for the 1st Indy Read-A-Long! Thanks for the teaser.:D

@Rob: Even though they aren't Indy-related, I loved hearing the John Barry tunes during your segment. Nice selections.

Our pleasure. Think you guys will enjoy this, we just started work on the second one...

Rob, I agree with Stoo, loved hearing Barry during your segment. Way to keep it classy! (y)