RIP Patrick Swayze

DocWhiskey

Ah, man. I was hoping he'd have some more time.

That's too bad. Road House is a guilty pleasure of mine and Ghost is a great film.

RIP. :(

Stoo

While I've never been a Patrick Swayze fan ("Dirty Dancing" was huge at it's time - and to this day, I've never watched it) he was always around and he DID play Allan Quatermain in the 2004 remake of "King Solomon's Mines" with ALISON DOODY as the love interest. As bad as it is, I will watch it again in his honour.

What I will remember him for is: "Red Dawn", "Skatetown, USA", "Youngblood", the "North & South" mini-series and "Uncommon Valor". RIP Mr. Swayze.:hat:

deckard24

Talk about a real life tough guy, surviving that long with Pancreatic Cancer is a testament to the stuff that he was made of!

I'll always remember him for Next of Kin, Roadhouse, Point Break, and Donnie Darko.

R.I.P Patrick!:hat:

Last edited:

Goonie

Rocket Surgeon said:
Never saw it either, I really liked Red Dawn when I was younger...he was funny on Saturday Night Live,well maybe that was Farley who was funny...

The Chippendales sketch is classic! (y) It's up there with More Cowbell! I can't believe Jan Hooks, Kevin Nealon, or even Mike Meyers didn't bust out laughing.:D

RedeemedChild

I'm so sorry that Patrick Swayze has died. I simply don't know what to say. I had hoped that he would come through and have a chance at a happier life.

I liked Patrick Swayze as a person and I pray that we'll see him in the Kingdom. I also hope that Michael J. Fox will continue to stay with for many more years.

My prayers and thoughts are with the Swayze family and I pray that they will find strength to carry on.

monkey

"Point Break" was an awesome movie!

Patrick Swayze was a great actor, and he will be missed.

Ditto to the earlier post about how long he survived with Pancreatic Cancer.

Shows what a strong person he was.

Stoo

Re: "Dirty Dancing"
Rocket Surgeon said:
Never saw it either,
Furthermore, I don't want to...however, I am curious about "City of Joy". I've heard that's half-decent.

After re-watching Swayze's "King Solomon's Mines", I must admit his portrayal of Allan Quatermain is the most hard-boiled of all the versions. It's far from the character in the books but he beats out Stewart Granger as the toughest.

mines4.jpg
mines1.jpg

Goonie

roundshort said:
Pale, that is some cold hearted stuff man, cold hearted stuff

I have to agree, that's pretty bad. It's just lke that Swayze and Kanye pic that's floating around online.

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
2 films set in Cuba 1958 are Dirty Dancing Havana Nights, and of course Godfather II. Curiously, chain smokers Patrick Swayze and John Cazale (Fredo) died at 57 and 42.

Dirty Dancing is set 24 years prior in the summer of 1963, also before a loss of innocence, not just for a minor, but a nation.

Jennifer Grey will return to the Catskills in New York for Dirty Dancing 3, due summer 2025. 24 years after the summer of 2001? It’s tricky setting a movie in these years, but remember the target audience wasn’t born yet. It’s ancient history.

Spiked

Re: "Dirty Dancing"
Furthermore, I don't want to...however, I am curious about "City of Joy". I've heard that's half-decent.

After re-watching Swayze's "King Solomon's Mines", I must admit his portrayal of Allan Quatermain is the most hard-boiled of all the versions. It's far from the character in the books but he beats out Stewart Granger as the toughest.

mines4.jpg
mines1.jpg
I want to live in a world where I dress and equip myself life that every day.