Mark Dacascos as Short Round in Indy V???

Nurhachi1991

The Original Short Round I don't see any reason not to use him!

I would love to hear Indy say now what ever you do Short Round don't touch anything! one more time

San Holo

I think they should stick with Ke Huy Quan..and I would love to see him in Indy 5,find out that he followed Dr. Jones' lead and became an archeologist adventurer. Maybe they could work him into the plot as Indy's contact in Asia.:whip:

The Drifter

If Shortie comes back; I want Ke Huy Quan to play him. Why even think of someone else playing Short Round? Why not get Pierce Brosnan to play Henry Jones Sr?

mister64

If Ke Huy Quan doesn't want to play Short Round again or is unavailable, would you rather not have Short Round in Indy 5 or would you like him to be recast? If he's recast, Mark Dacascos would be fine with me. Whichever actor could give a better performance, as long as Short Round improves the story, not takes away from it.

sgttom

I don't know guys shorty back again? This could be worse the Mutt;)
Shorty is my favorite Indy sidekick. However that was back in the day when he was a short, cute, innocent, broken englished sidekicker. Now he's all grown up and it just won't be anywhere near as fun. I mean Indy was much of a father figure and that would be hard to regenerate I think. It could be done right but I doubt it will be if it happens. I'd bet high that it'll be an Indy and Mutt adventure. But if they brought him back I'd say the original guy for sure. Why get another???????

Jack Nelligan

sgttom said:
I don't know guys shorty back again? This could be worse the Mutt;)
Shorty is my favorite Indy sidekick. However that was back in the day when he was a short, cute, innocent, broken englished sidekicker. Now he's all grown up and it just won't be anywhere near as fun. I mean Indy was much of a father figure and that would be hard to regenerate I think. It could be done right but I doubt it will be if it happens. I'd bet high that it'll be an Indy and Mutt adventure. But if they brought him back I'd say the original guy for sure. Why get another???????

What kind of father figure was Indy really??? He put the kid in danger over and over and then just left him to fend for himself! I think it would be nice to see some back story where Indy didn't just leave Shorty on his own and made sure that he was taken care of. Maybe Shorty went home with Willie and they took care of each other?

Peru1936

Mark Dacascos. Seriously? Have you seen Only the Strong or Double Dragon?

Between Short Round and Data, Jonathan Ke Quan has done more interesting things than every mystery ingredient Dacascos has ever melodramatically introduced combined.

Insomniac

Ke Huy Quan
Would be the only actor I would let play him!
Btw if he comes back he should have a trenchcoat like in Goonies!

Rhys135

mister64 said:
If Ke Huy Quan doesn't want to play Short Round again or is unavailable, would you rather not have Short Round in Indy 5 or would you like him to be recast? If he's recast, Mark Dacascos would be fine with me. Whichever actor could give a better performance, as long as Short Round improves the story, not takes away from it.

Ke Huy Quan told me that he would do anything for Spielberg, so if there was a role for him in the 5th film, I'd imagine he would be playing Short Round.

Rhys135 said:
Ke Huy Quan told me that he would do anything for Spielberg, so if there was a role for him in the 5th film, I'd imagine he would be playing Short Round.
Well if he gets the role I'll be happy, and if he doesn't then go to someone els to playe the role of Short Round. Then if he is in Indy 5, Have Indy tell Short Round, Hey Short Round your not so short anymore are ya, you still don't mind me calling your Short Round right pal? Then have Short Round say don't mind if you do :hat:

Last edited:

sgttom

What kind of father figure was Indy really??? He put the kid in danger over and over and then just left him to fend for himself! I think it would be nice to see some back story where Indy didn't just leave Shorty on his own and made sure that he was taken care of. Maybe Shorty went home with Willie and they took care of each other?

Yes Indy could have left him in an orphanage or something but he didn't really know he was taking him into serious trouble. As far as Indy knew he might have just made a fair exchange with Lao Che and took Shorty back to the states. I think Indy knew he was taking himself and his companions into serious danger at Pankot. I guess he could have made Willie and Shorty stay at the village while he went to Pankot himself.

When exactly did he leave him to fend for himself though?

Anyways I doubt he'll be back.

Jack Nelligan

sgttom said:
Yes Indy could have left him in an orphanage or something but he didn't really know he was taking him into serious trouble. As far as Indy knew he might have just made a fair exchange with Lao Che and took Shorty back to the states. I think Indy knew he was taking himself and his companions into serious danger at Pankot. I guess he could have made Willie and Shorty stay at the village while he went to Pankot himself.

When exactly did he leave him to fend for himself though?

Anyways I doubt he'll be back.

"When did he leave him", you ask? Good question, but I saw no signs or mention of Indy not leaving him. They left the door wide open on that.

kongisking

Why they would change the actor is beyond me. Just like how they pointlessly re-cast Evelyn O'Connell in The Mummy 3. If Mrs. Weisz didn't want to return, they should have re-written the film so that Evey died during the interim between Returns and Dragon Emperor. I still like the movie, though, despite this one creative disaster.