It is very hard to find bad guys in the 50's

Ivo

I think they should go way back in Indy's past and get creative with the bad guy.

How about the heavy kid from The Last Crusade? The one that kept blowing the bugle all the time and brought the law to Indy's house. He could have grown up to be a collector of fine objects while having created many ties to underworld forces along the way.

He could be bent on revenge for all the abuse he got as a kid and stands in the way of Indy getting a certain artifact of great importance that in the hands of ignorance could kill many, etc.

;)

Indy Benson

Who? Herman? I can't see him as a collector of fine objects.
He would get horse-sick and drop the artifacts, ruining them. ;)

whipem

Remember, the enemy (if they are a specific nationality, such as Nazis or Communists) do not need to be an enemy, they just need to be a threat to the world!

Ska

Ivo said:
How about the heavy kid from The Last Crusade? The one that kept blowing the bugle all the time and brought the law to Indy's house.

Sorry, but these lines made me crack up for reasons unknown. I would love to be referred to as the heavy kid that kept blowing the bugle.

Sorry again...I'll continue.

What about a fellow professor that Dr. Jones gained a position over? Jealousy makes a person go CRAZY!

*cough*...ahem...*cough*...especially women...*cough*...

Last edited:

Ivo

Indy Benson said:
Who? Herman? I can't see him as a collector of fine objects.
He would get horse-sick and drop the artifacts, ruining them. ;)

:lol:

Your probably right!

I

Indy's_main_man

Maj. Eaton said:
Post deleted by your friendly neighborhood moderator.

Forgive me but I'm not sure what this has to do with Indy Villians

and that was slightly boring...sorry

Last edited by a moderator:

NJ Dr. Jones78

If in fact Indy 4 takes place in the 50's it would be fitting for him to be pitted against a combo of Russians or Koreans. I think the enemy should be relevant to the time period. That's just my opnion.

it seems im the only one that finds Maj. Eaton posts amusing....

yea. the nazis hiding in middle america could be a great enemy for indy 4. imagine indiana jones in the middle of the amazonas searching for a relic only to stumble across a camp of nazis who is searching for a relic that will bring them back to their former glory. then again.. i guess thats kind of used.... well.. something among those lines. but no mather how much i love to hate the nazies i guess it would be nice to see some other enemy......

AntiJones

NJ Dr. Jones78 said:
If in fact Indy 4 takes place in the 50's it would be fitting for him to be pitted against a combo of Russians or Koreans. I think the enemy should be relevant to the time period. That's just my opnion.

Is this some sort of All-American narrow World view idea of enemy is ? You should really get out of US and see things from the other side of the world. Much screwed up as the Communism is and was, the Koreans and the Russians, unlike Germans and what the US is doing now, did not invade or carry out agression against other countries. For the Koreans, when the Korea war broke out in the 50's, the Communist side was thinking of unification between North and South Korea - why should they be the enemy? The Russians had their own view of economy management and have NEVER seen US as a threat. For the Nazis, yes - for their role in WW 2 and ethnic cleansing. But for Russian, what did they do?

NJ Dr. Jones78

The hell with the 50's, make him 105 and let it take place in present time and call it Indiana Jones and the Hunt for Weapons of Mass Destruction. In the movie he can duke it out with Al queda and Iraq.

Finn

Staff member
Indy's_main_man said:
Forgive me but I'm not sure what this has to do with Indy Villians

and that was slightly boring...sorry
That is why our friend's post count goes -1 again. And that route keeps going on until he learns. And it's not the style... it's the irrelevance.

Webley

NJ Dr. Jones78 said:
If in fact Indy 4 takes place in the 50's it would be fitting for him to be pitted against a combo of Russians or Koreans.
I always thought Indy and the Russians were pals, I meen the Russians jumped in to WW1 before the USA did and so did Indy but I guess things can change.

I

Indy's_main_man

AntiJones said:
Is this some sort of All-American narrow World view idea of enemy is ? You should really get out of US and see things from the other side of the world. Much screwed up as the Communism is and was, the Koreans and the Russians, unlike Germans and what the US is doing now, did not invade or carry out agression against other countries. For the Koreans, when the Korea war broke out in the 50's, the Communist side was thinking of unification between North and South Korea - why should they be the enemy? The Russians had their own view of economy management and have NEVER seen US as a threat. For the Nazis, yes - for their role in WW 2 and ethnic cleansing. But for Russian, what did they do?

calm down...the Russians make sense at the time period so logically they'd make good villians. that's all we're saying.

They don't have to see the US as a threat they just have to go after an artifact

bob

Indy's_main_man said:
calm down...the Russians make sense at the time period so logically they'd make good villians. that's all we're saying.

They don't have to see the US as a threat they just have to go after an artifact

Yes but still.... only a decade or so before this movie was set the Russians did the real work of fighting WWII at a cost of 20 million lives. While Stalin was undoubtablly evil, his people were the victims and for that reason Indy just cannot go around indiscriminately squashing Soviets as he did to the Nazis - it would leave a bad taste in the mouth and make Indy a politicised figure like Rambo, I am all for Indy killing individual Soviets i.e. KGB or main villains but I just don't think it would work.

And on a note about the character, why should we assume that simply because a Cold War had begun Indy would nessecerily start fighting with the Soviets simply because of US foreign policy? The comics and YIJ show him having friends in USSR, I don't see why this would have changed.

Finn

Staff member
bob said:
Yes but still.... only a decade or so before this movie was set the Russians did the real work of fighting WWII at a cost of 20 million lives.
You know, those morons could have saved at least three million off that count if they just had left <i>us</i> alone, who never were a threat to anyone.

<small>And as a sidenote, watching Indiana Jones movies can be an odd experience to a Finn knowing his history, since even though we were ideologically close the Western allies than any other quarter, Germany was not the biggest threat, but our most important ally.</small>

Gobi-1

One idea I had was that Indy is hired by a CIA agent (played by Mark Hamill) to find a powerful relic before the Russians, Chinese, Koreans, or whomever finds it. Indy later discovers that this CIA agent is really a double agent working with the enemy.

I also like the idea of several different countries/goverments sending out relic hunters to find an artifact that will make them more powerful then the others. There would be dozens of hunters and it would be a race around the world to find it and hang on to it. It would be funny if the object kept changing hands.