What do you plan to do after Indy 4?

AntiJones

It might take 1 or 2 years time for Indy 4 to be finally shown. In the mean time, what are the things you are doing while waiting for it? are you preparing for life after Indy 4? As currently there is a surge of clinical cases of post-starwars3-depression, how are you guys preparing for it?

Paden

I'll probably just chew through the leather straps one more time and try to find the DVD copy of Raiders of the Lost Ark that the orderlies confiscated years ago. :rolleyes: :p

Garrett

buy the dvd and watch it some more. it's got a lot of catching up to do if it's going to catch up with the others (particularly LC and Raiders).

Aaron H

Moderator Emeritus
I think I will bring a gun to the Raven and start shooting the members, then I will turn it on me.:p :dead: :eek:
Perhaps I will hang myself in full Indy gear from the rafters with my whip. :dead:

Nahhh, I will stay here at the Raven and continue to moderate as I have for the past 4+ years.

Grimdiana Bones

temple of john said:
But seriously, your life will go on, right? Even if Indy 4 sucks (which it very well might), it's only a movie.

I'm not saying I'm going to have a nervous breakdown and kill myself.... But I have always enjoyed the movies and will be very dissapointed if the series is ruined by a horrible piece of film. (much like another certain lucas creation...)

Paden

temple of john said:
I do agree. It would be a shame if he screws up this movie royally. Realistically though, we here have built this idea of Indy 4 up so much that we have no place to go but down.

Truthfully, I think this statement is pretty accurate. Although I would love to claim that I'm going to enter the theatre with an open mind, realistically I'm going to be carrying a number of expectations about what I would like to see from the final installment. Regardless of what ends up on the screen, I'm sure some of the things I had hoped for will be left unfulfilled. Even so, I'm hoping that at least some of the items on my wish list will be answered. What would be truly disappointing would be a film that doesn't live up to the quality established by the preceding movies in the trilogy. If it is of good quality, I think I'll ultimately be more pleased than disappointed. Unfortunately, my main concern currently remains the script. In my mind, so much of the resulting quality (or lack thereof) of the final product hinges on the strength of the script itself, and the script's development appears to have been mired in chaos.

Grimdiana Bones

temple of john said:
I do agree. It would be a shame if he screws up this movie royally. Realistically though, we here have built this idea of Indy 4 up so much that we have no place to go but down.

Very good point, most of us probably have it on a pedastel.

TombReader

temple of john said:
Realistically though, we here have built this idea of Indy 4 up so much that we have no place to go but down.

I agree with this as well,which is why I've tried to avoid speculating about the film too much up to this point.

roundshort

uh, it's like a movie, or something, I will watch hopefully at a plce with comfy seats and primo popcorn, and a nice soda mixture! and Life will Go On!
Clinton, what do mean about the Lord of rings, I think I (and everyone who was foolish enough to watch all three) should get a stinkin' badge or something for making it through the last bore fest. snooze snooze snooze , huh is it over what . . . still more, oh god let them fall in laza . . .

Grimdiana Bones

roundshort said:
uh, it's like a movie, or something, I will watch hopefully at a plce with comfy seats and primo popcorn, and a nice soda mixture! and Life will Go On!
Clinton, what do mean about the Lord of rings, I think I (and everyone who was foolish enough to watch all three) should get a stinkin' badge or something for making it through the last bore fest. snooze snooze snooze , huh is it over what . . . still more, oh god let them fall in laza . . .

This is off topic... butttt LoTR was greaaaat! :eek:

Jeephoto

What will I do after Indy 4?

Why, I'm going to run out to Wal-Mart and buy ALL the "Official" Indy 4 merchandise I can get my hands on.

I will just HAVE to have the Official plastic fedora, the Official plastic jacket and the Official plastic carry bag, not to mention the Official Indy Whip (plastic, of course).

If you haven't noticed, movies today are all about marketing; which George Lucas is becoming a master at. Every new movie coming out, especially the Star Wars movies, has toy and clothing tie-ins; Batman Begins, Star Wars, Fantastic Four. It works either of two ways: you see the action figures weeks before the movie releases, buy it and go see the movie; or, wait to see the movie and then run out and buy all the cool stuff you just got through seeing.

It is a way to prolong the experience.

KDuncan

temple of john said:
Realistically though, we here have built this idea of Indy 4 up so much that we have no place to go but down.

I also agree with ToJ. I think everyone has their hopes up way too high and have worked the idea of what Indiana Jones 4 will be like that they've almost expected a "super-perfect-Indy-movie".

Grizzlor

Excellent question, but I don't want to think about it, in fear of another jinx, until it's actually happened. I will probably fly down to Peru and go looking for a golden idol.

Parzival

What do you plan to do after Indy 4?

I'll wait for Indy 5. I mean, It's my hope that Indy 4 is such a huge success that there wont be any choice but to make another one. I mean, in a few interviews I've read, Lucas and Ford have not exactly shot down the possibility of another actor taking over the role whether it be in another sequel or perhaps with a younger actor in a prequel. In fact, In one interview I read where Ford was discussing this, he said it would be fine, but that Indy 4 was his.

I mean dont get me wrong, I love Harrison as Indy, but I love the character of Indy more and would hate to see the character have to end just because the actor can't play it anymore.

IndyBuff

temple of john said:

I've had the same thought. I'm anxious to see Indy 4 happen but I don't want to speculate and get my hopes up to a ridiculous level. We're still not 100% sure the film will even happen at all, although there's a good chance that it will.