KotCS: A Photographic Journey

Avilos

That it cool! I enjoy books like this. The title says it all. It will likely be all pictures, taken on set during filming. It makes sense that it will be released in September because it will show scenes from the whole film. If it came out sooner it would give away many spoilers.

Dene

'Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull: A Photographic Journal'

Anyone got their mitts on this yet? Know it's not officially out just yet but books often appear on shelves a week or so ahead of time.

Am kind of looking forward to it. Nice that they're tying something big in with the DVD (presumably), publications like this usually appear around the theatrical release.

jason10mm

Isn't the "photo book" packaged with the Target store DVD a mini-version of this book? Might want to bear that in mind when special edition shopping! I'm getting the BR so it is a moot issue for me.

indyclone25

yeah that's why i didn't buy the dvd at target--- plus having a book in my indiana jones dvd section --- just wasn't what i wanted

metalinvader

Has anyone found this book on the shelves yet? I've hit the 3 book stores around me a few times since this books release and have found nothing.

Dr.Sartorius

metalinvader said:
Has anyone found this book on the shelves yet? I've hit the 3 book stores around me a few times since this books release and have found nothing.

The book is supposed to be released in stores on Oct. 21st.

Dr.Sartorius

I haven't received my copy from Amazon yet but I checked the book out at Barnes and Noble today. Its a very nice book. The photos are crisp, glossy, and brand new. And there's a ton of pics we haven't seen before. :whip:

mfisher

I was able to flip through this at B&N ( as well as the new Quantum of Solace on set photo book).. this one has GREAT photos on the set.. but the one thing I was hoping for still wasn't pictured.. and that is a good close up shot of all the pins on Mutt's lapel... will we EVER see what all of those pins were ?!?!?

The Golden Idol

mfisher said:
I was able to flip through this at B&N ( as well as the new Quantum of Solace on set photo book).. this one has GREAT photos on the set.. but the one thing I was hoping for still wasn't pictured.. and that is a good close up shot of all the pins on Mutt's lapel... will we EVER see what all of those pins were ?!?!?

There's an entire thread dedicated to this at Club Obi-Wan. Most of the pins are figured out.

Indy1970

Spielberg -Springsteen

Hello,

I just picked up my copy of the IJKC a Photographic journey and I saw the following picture...my two passions Indy and Springsteen...notice Spielberg's shirt...it is from the Human Touch Tour 1992-1993!(y) ....anyone else who cares notice this and did it make them smile... plus this is just a great photo.....go to

www.libraryjournal.com/blog/770000077/post/1570032757.htm this guy has many of the pictures from the book there including the one I am referencing...if you are springsteen fan you will know it is the second picture down

Regards

davros72

mfisher said:
I think there was a very brief close-up of the pins during one of the DVD documentaries. The shot then quickly zoomed out. I forget exactly which doc it was in, maybe the main one, and I think it was during the filming at the train station. Sorry for my lousy memory.

One pin I think I recognized was for the National Honor Society.

martinland

metalinvader said:
Has anyone found this book on the shelves yet?
Nope, but it arrived on my doorstep this morning... :whip:

I already read it from cover to cover and I have to say:
These are definitely the best photographs of all the Skull-books out there.
Don't get me talking about the Spalko pics in there. *whew* (y)

No Indy fan who likes lobby cards, on-the-set stills and behind the scenes photographs should be without it! ;) ;) ;)

Martin

RaiderMitch

TR.N Staff Member
what the second one with Spielberg and Ford... you thinking Born to Run photo shoot with Bruce and the Big Man?

I am a big Bruce fan too -- even invited him to play at my wedding bacck on June 18, 1993... it was an ad in Backstreets magazine and then the Daily News did a half page article about it and I was interviewed by David Hinckley - the media reporter - great guy... as is Bruce -- the closest we came was Ritchie LaBamba and the Hubcaps and Southside Johnny offered to play -- Ritchie is the fedora wearing trombone player on the Conan O' Brien show who also played in the E Street and Seeger Bands.

metalinvader

I just picked up this book a few hours ago before heading off to my second :)rolleyes: ) job.I have not had a good chance to sit down and read it but I gotta say this book is absolutely breath taking.

In regards to the Spalko pictures,Those were some of the first that I looked for!;)