When my little sister grows up, she's gonna be just like Mutt Williams!

Katarn07

So my little sister went to Mexico for the week with my cousin, my cousin's husband, and their baby. She's gonna be doing a lot of baby sitting for them while there but is gonna have fun of her own. Anyways, there was a brochure thing of stuff to do and they could all pick something to do. What did she pick? VINE SWINGING! I just read the email from her and started laughing hysterically.

Has anyone ever done this or heard of this? I've never been out of the Midwest, let alone the country so am not really familiar with what sort of things are available on vacations. Suddenly, that part of the movie (what was actually my least favorite part of the whole thing) is not so bad anymore.

fixer79

It's a common way of transportation out here in Belgium...

Only joking. *Badam-tsh!*

Never ever heard of it... I'm trying to imagine it...
It's a tad bit dangerous, no? I mean- You can't really do it secured with a harness like rock climbing...
Or are there huge nets under the entire thing?

Don't forget to ask your sister to take pictures! :)

Little Indy

Are you sure she didn't mean "zip lining"? That's a popular activity in the jungles of Mexico.

costa-rica-zip-line-small.jpg

Katarn07

Little Indy said:
Are you sure she didn't mean "zip lining"? That's a popular activity in the jungles of Mexico.

costa-rica-zip-line-small.jpg

That's what it was. What a let down (n) Well, back to hating that part of the movie again! lol

raidergirl

I did it in Puerto Vallarta, where Predator was filmed. It's a blast (y) . The most common name I have heard for it is a zip line or zip line tour, but I think Hawaii, they call it a canopy tour.

Gustav

That looks fun. I envy those people who have some connection that allows them to travel. Since I'm poor, all I can do is make travel plans and pretend to carry them out. A while ago I planned a trip to the far east. Starting in Cambodia and travelling mostly via train through Thailand, Vietnam and all the way up to Beijing. Recently I've been dreaming up this trip to Nome, Alaska and taking a plane from there to Russia and then going on the Trans-Siberian railroad. With a financial situation like mine, that will never happen. I hate life.
Well this thing has really gone off the rails. Zip-lining. Cool.

Gear

Yes, zip lining would be *SWEET!*

*high pitched voice; very Micheal Jackson like

&

I get you, Gustav, entirely.

AlivePoet

Gustav said:
That looks fun. I envy those people who have some connection that allows them to travel. Since I'm poor, all I can do is make travel plans and pretend to carry them out. A while ago I planned a trip to the far east. Starting in Cambodia and travelling mostly via train through Thailand, Vietnam and all the way up to Beijing. Recently I've been dreaming up this trip to Nome, Alaska and taking a plane from there to Russia and then going on the Trans-Siberian railroad. With a financial situation like mine, that will never happen. I hate life.
Well this thing has really gone off the rails. Zip-lining. Cool.

Never say never. If you've got a bachelor's degree and want to teach ESL for a year, it can all happen relatively easily. :) Of course, your situation might not be so simple that you can just up and leave...