Young Indy action figures

Adamwankenobi

A news story on TR.N's main page links to an article where a Habro official mentions the possibility of Young Indy action figures as part of the new line. IGN is reporting this as well from the ToyFair event.

If there are YIJC action figures made, what would you like to see? Aside from the obvious characters, I think T.E. Lawrence should be made into a figure. That whole larger-than-life/action hero idea of the action figures perfectly fits Lawrence's personality. :)

Avilos

General Targo AKA Vlad The Impaler AKA Dracula - Sankara will love it! :p ;)

One direction Hasbro could go is creating figures of actors who went on to be big stars later. Catherine Zeta Jones, Daniel Craig, etc. Those would be of interest to collectors beyond the usual Young Indy fans.

Lawrence of Arabia is a good idea. I'd buy a figure of Teddy Roosevelt . Frederick Selous, the hunter was a cool character. The fact that he was played by Paul Freeman, who also played Belloq, could appeal to the wider Indy fan base. The Red Baron would make sense. One of few historical persons that everyone has heard. He was also a "villain", which are popular.

In terms of the main characters. Just having various figures of Indy in the different clothes he wore. Which is so popular in other action figure lines. In his many military uniforms. Bearded Indy from "Mystery of the Blues" is a must!

I think there are a lot of possibilities for Young Indiana Jones figures. Sure they can not and should not make them of every character. But they do not need to either. The fact that there were so many episodes gives Hasbro a lot of options. Highlighting the more action-adventure style characters. Of course they could do limited exclusives for the more
obscure fan favorite characters.

Last edited:

metalinvader

I'd kill for a line of Young Indy figs.I wouldn't be to crazy on seeing alot of the real life historical figures done,'Cept for TE Lawrence..but here's what I'd like to see..

The figs I'd like to see are..

Corey Indy with Indiana the dog
Corey Indy in Egypt gear
Flanery Indy...In well..Every costume!
MOTB Indy with Sax
Grey Cloud
REMY!!! in every costume!
Anna Jones
Henry Jones Sr.
Ms.Seymour
Vicky Prentiss of course...
Demetrios
TE Lawrence
and of course...George Hall Indy..

Maybe.Not Today

I want every figure suggested in this thread! haha. plus two packs ( Before every one else says it, don't worry I know how unlikely the concept of young indy two packs is) from the "travels with father" episode, and the tom swift episode( sorry couldn't remember the name of that one).

There are so many figures i would want from the series, I'm going to have to give this some more thought...

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
Damn you! I was about to post that! ;) The only decent bit of action Indy gets in the whole series....:p

Matinee Idyll

Tehe! Sorry about that ma'am.

What's this I hear you were in country Victoria, and you didn't think to pop by and say hello!? :(

Adamwankenobi

Maybe.Not Today said:
I want every figure suggested in this thread! haha. plus two packs ( Before every one else says it, don't worry I know how unlikely the concept of young indy two packs is) from the "travels with father" episode, and the tom swift episode( sorry couldn't remember the name of that one).

They should make a two-pack of Old Indy and his cat Henry. :p ;)

Last edited:

Stoo

Adamwankenobi said:
They should make a two-pack of Old Indy and his cat Henry. :p ;)
Ha ha! Too funny! Obviously, he'd have his cane but other accessories could include:

-a cheeseburger
-some lecture notes
-a pool cue
-a vaccuum cleaner
-and his '52 Plymouth!!!

I have all the Kenner figures from "Star Wars" & "Empire" but grew out of buying
anymore so I don't have any Indy figures. That said, if a Little Indy in his Egypt
outfit was made - "I'd buy that for a dollar!"

metalinvader

Stoo said:
I have all the Kenner figures from "Star Wars" & "Empire" but grew out of buying
anymore so I don't have any Indy figures. That said, if a Little Indy in his Egypt
outfit was made - "I'd buy that for a dollar!"

You're never to old,When it comes to buying action figures.With all the new figures coming out,Now would be a perfect time to start!:D

Adamwankenobi

Stoo said:
Ha ha! Too funny! Obviously, he'd have his cane but other accessories could include:

-a cheeseburger
-some lecture notes
-a pool cue
-a vaccuum cleaner
-and his '52 Plymouth!!!

They could put out a model of the monster truck Old Indy "goes for a spin" in "Princeton, February 1916". (y)

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
Matinee Idyll said:
Tehe! Sorry about that ma'am.

What's this I hear you were in country Victoria, and you didn't think to pop by and say hello!? :(

I did think about it and I'm sorry, but I was working all week at the 'Saddle Club' shoot in Hepburn Springs, which as you know would be in the middle of nowhere. By the time the week was over, I was flying back home on the Saturday in time for the game on at Carrara Stadium, that and I don't have a full driver's license so I couldn't exactly drive by to a decent cafe and chat.

Plus the people I was staying with would be saying stuff about a such thing and they were terrible enough about the way I eat and live, I just didn't need to hear anymore. I didn't go to Melbourne, the closest I was, was Tullamarine airport. I just didn't have the time. However I was fortunate enough to visit the old set of 'Man from Snowy River' in Trentham and saw the Hanging Rock on my way to the airport. The Trentham set was for location recce, coz they were going to shoot there in the next couple weeks. Try to understand, that I didn't even expect to have been going down there and went purely for work experience and education and all that happened rather quickly and I had to be careful because of certain agreements.

Matinee Idyll

I live about 20 minutes from Hepburn Springs (middle of nowhere!?! ;)), in a little town called Malmsbury (You would have driven through on your way to the airport)! Ack! :( Lived in Trentham for awhile as a baby too, it's a gorgeous spot innit? It snows there most winters.

Glad you got to see Hanging Rock, that place still gives me the creeps. :)

Sorry the people you were staying with were so disgusting, that must've been awful.

Don't think I'm angry, we'll have to catch up next time. :)

Last edited:

Violet

Moderator Emeritus
Yeah, I did see Malmsbury. I liked Trentham, but the place was too bush for me to live. Lake Jubilee was a real beautiful spot. We had my last day BBQ there, along with the peacocks (No we didn't eat the peacocks ala
"Six days, Seven nights.")

I'm someone who loves big cities and living in them. So does my family. So that's why we live up on the Gold Coast. I did live in Geelong a couple of times, in Leopold. Ultimately, Victoria's weather and structure wasn't really for us and we left.

But I must say... quite funny that I was 20 minutes away from you. Of the places in country Victoria, you actually lived nearby.

The people I lived with, were shall we say kindly, bohemian. Though I like to think of myself as creative, I do like a clean house with simple food! :rolleyes: That was the main problem. And they wouldn't let me kill the bird eater spider in the bathroom! At least they were nice enough to let me stay over and let me do work experience.

But you never know. If I need to come down for work again and do have time, I'll drop by and say hi. :hat:

phantom train

Though I'm a huge fan of the YIJC (see my other posts on this board), I honestly would prefer that Hasbro makes all of the figures possible from the first three IJ films before they make Young Indy figures. If you look through the "Collecting" thread, there are a lot of figures from these three IJ films that need to be made (especially from TOD). Just my .02....

Stoo

Adamwankenobi said:
They could put out a model of the monster truck Old Indy "goes for a spin" in "Princeton, February 1916". (y)
Offer it double-packaged with Indy & Nancy in the Bugatti!:)

Alexandria

Violet Indy said:
Damn you! I was about to post that! ;) The only decent bit of action Indy gets in the whole series....:p

Haha! Well, that they actually showed that is. :eek: That scene made me blush, and the dance scene was :eek: I was like, wow, this looks like what a, an *ahem* adult movie would look like. I just mean with the angles, and the lighting, but then again I wouldn't know. Never watched the junk myself. :sick:

Adamwankenobi

Alexandria said:
Haha! Well, that they actually showed that is. :eek: That scene made me blush, and the dance scene was :eek: I was like, wow, this looks like what a, an *ahem* adult movie would look like. I just mean with the angles, and the lighting, but then again I wouldn't know. Never watched the junk myself. :sick:

That's another element that makes this series so unique: it has that European flavor and the writers/directors were willing to experiment with ideas and storytelling techniques in the show.

Matinee Idyll

Adamwankenobi said:
That's another element that makes this series so unique: it has that European flavor and the writers/directors were willing to experiment with ideas and storytelling techniques in the show.

Bang on! ;)