Crystal Skulls in the Novels??

Avilos

I know that some of the novels featured Crystal Skulls. Different than the new movie. What are the skulls abilities in the novels and what is the source of origin?

Dust McAlan

*pulls out copy of Indiana Jones and the Philosopher's Stone*

Indy discovers a Crystal Skull in British Honduras in 1933, which is repeatedly stolen from him throughout the book. The skull carries a curse: you will kill what you love. While not the true MacGuffin of the book, Indy is wary enough to keep a slight distance from the love interest of the book, Alecia Dustin. He finally recovers the skull at the end while avoiding the effects of the Philosopher's Stone (which turns out to be pure uranium), and the skull is stolen from the Italian museum he donates it to at the end. Leonardo Sarducci, the villain of the book, makes mention that the design of the skull is not Mayan, but possibly from an older civilization more advanced than the Mayans, but Indy brushes this off. The skull itself is described as a normal-looking human skull made of crystal.

Lao_Che

The Cozan Skull also has time travel/vision elements. It's a female skull too. And the skull weaves through all McCoy's novels. ;)

otto rahn

Not directly Indy related but you could also try "Crystal Skull" by Rob MacGregor (one of the more frequent Indy authors). Crystal skulls AND "the Coral Castle", featuring a Florida P I named Nicholas Pierce.(written in 1991)

otto rahn

Oh and W A Harbinson wrote a novel titled "The Crystal Skulls" in 1997. Of course, these books have nothing whatsoever to do with "Indiana Jones" , but people might be interessted to see what other authors do with crystal skulls !

IAdventurer01

Actually, the skull is mentioned in most of McCoy's books. Heck, it's pretty much featured in Hollow Earth!

I don't believe it was mentioned anywhere it MacGregor's novels, however.