Wested Indy Jackets

Major West

Belated thanks. :hat:

I see Wested have a Last Crusade Hero Jacket coming soon. Around Jan-Feb approx. According to their Instagram yesterday. :whip:

I think my next jacket will be a custom Raiders though.:whip:

Major West

I'm becoming interested in the pre distressed hide which is a standard OTR skin for the both the Crusade and Raiders Wested Jackets. I think I briefly saw one on display when I went to Wested a few months ago, it caught my eye instantly as looking very good. Of Course at the time I was after a Lambskin Crusade jacket, but I'm curious about the pre distressed hide. Possibly a Raiders one. Does anybody here have one? Thoughts, opinions on the pre-distressed hide?

I have the pre distressed cow hide Raiders jacket from Wested. Ive had it a few months and love it. I took the sheen off with a scotch pad and wore it in the rain. Its a really nice fit and I prefer the look to new leather.

There are some pics in my indy gear section.

Indy McFly

As far as the advice from Wested to go with your normal jacket size; I have a LC jacket that I went across the pond to get personally. I did as instructed and they made me the jacket to my normal sport coat size of 44. I can say that this instruction was correct and it fits me well.

One of the things I have to get used to is the proper sizing of the sleeves. A tailored Coat will have the sleeves stop at your wrists. The sleeve is not supposed to cover your hand. Today almost all the clothes you buy come in 4 sizes and you just wear them as they are. Most jackets, at least in the USA are overly big, baggy, with sleeves that are too long.

I love my jacket and recommend Wested. :hat:

Sakis

TR.N Staff Member
How old is your Wested? I have one from 1999 I have change the lining once and now I'm going for another one. Has anyone faced the same issue?

Indy McFly

Sakis said:
How old is your Wested? I have one from 1999 I have change the lining once and now I'm going for another one. Has anyone faced the same issue?

I got mine at Wested in 2014 at Wested. I have not had any liner issues.

Major West

Only had mine since last year so no issues, but I'd say any jacket that you've had for 16 years, worn a lot and had to change the lining once is pretty good going.

Drones33

Had my Raiders goat for 8 years. No problems with the lining, the stitching at the bottom of the right pocket had worn away though, but I think that was down to keeping my keys and loose change in there.

Major West

Has anybody here ordered the Dark Lambskin before? Westeds leather guide describes it as lighter in weight than the Authentic Lambskin and has a red hue, which can distort the colour in images.

Glenville86

Major West said:
Has anybody here ordered the Dark Lambskin before? Westeds leather guide describes it as lighter in weight than the Authentic Lambskin and has a red hue, which can distort the colour in images.

I have one and I cannot see a red hue in it but received the jacket in Winter and have not worn it yet. It is darker than the regular lamb but not by much. My authentic lamb jacket came darker than I thought it would. The dark lambskin is a very light jacket. Good for people in warm climates or late Spring to early Fall for the 4-season folks.

Major West

Glenville86 said:
I have one and I cannot see a red hue in it but received the jacket in Winter and have not worn it yet. It is darker than the regular lamb but not by much. My authentic lamb jacket came darker than I thought it would. The dark lambskin is a very light jacket. Good for people in warm climates or late Spring to early Fall for the 4-season folks.

Interesting, would be interested to see some pictures of your jacket when you do start to wear it. If you have the time of course. Thanks.

Major West

Will be seriously tempted by the Last Crusade Hero when they make it available.

How's your new Raiders Hero Drones33? Now that you've had it a while do you prefer it to the OTR Raiders you had before? In terms wearability I mean.

Drones33

Major West said:
Will be seriously tempted by the Last Crusade Hero when they make it available.

How's your new Raiders Hero Drones33? Now that you've had it a while do you prefer it to the OTR Raiders you had before? In terms wearability I mean.
Hiya Major,
Definitely prefer it to the otr Raiders I had, and I certainly prefer it to the Steele & Jones ( although that was from eBay, so made for someone else,) It has a much better drape, allowing for the fit of the Hero, and I'm a big fan of the Shrunken Lamb. Extremely lightweight though, so whilst it's really comfortable it doesn't feel anything like as substantial as my custom made Last Crusade which has seen me right through the UK winter. Almost feels like I'm not wearing a jacket at all. It'll be great for the summer weather though.
I have to say however, I'm considering investing in a custom made Raiders, adding a few extras; silver zip, gussets, etc in Wested's Authentic Lamb. Especially since seeing the photo of your most recent custom made TOD.