Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings

Morning Bell

indyjones2131 said:
What did I tell ya!? GDC brought us a video!

Loved:

The animation of Indy ducking the gunfire. Spot on.
The feeling of grand adventure and varied locales.
How Indy is a bit dazed after he head butts the enemies.
Seeing Henry Sr. in the raft with Indy.

Didn't love:
THE MISSING SATCHEL. THIS IS INTOLERABLE!!

All in all, it looks much better in motion and I have to say they really seem to have captured the Indy character and spirit of the movies. I'll be buying it, as if there was ever any doubt.

But seriously. Where is that damn satchel? Indy doesn't look complete without it.

Those are pretty much my thoughts as well. Sure, I wish Indy's outfit were complete but as long as the game is good then I'll be happy, and so far that's how it seems to be shaping up.:whip:

Ska

indyjones2131 said:
...I have to say they really seem to have captured the Indy character and spirit of the movies.

I thought this as well. The gameplay really seems to capture the spirit of the movies. Even down to the creepy crawly scenes. I'd rather Indy doesn't have to shoot bugs and animals. Leave that to Tomb Raider.

Irfaan

The Tingler said:
Anyone know any non-Yahoo sites that have the trailer? GameTrailers doesn't yet...

That's what i'm looking for too. We can always screen record it i guess if it doesn't get released as a downloadable.

DocWhiskey

The Tingler said:
It's been confirmed, it's Wii-only.

*You ruined my life. I hate you.

*DocWhiskey is just kidding. His life is not ruined in spite of this, in fact he expected it. DocWhiskey has stated many times around the forum that he loves The Tingler.

The Tingler

Maybe this will make it up to you:

screenshot22.jpg

RaidersoftheArk

The graphix still look bad, i mean if it had the enige of RES4,that game looks even better and it's almost historical..

But..

The gamplay is whicked. I think indy games dont really take graphics for granted but the gameplay and a great story. I think they really tried to add the element of Indy and create a great story.:whip:

Silvor

I think he was referring to Re 4 not 5.

The thing that I'm a little dissapointed with is that the guy looks absolutely nothing like Harrison Ford at all. He doesn't even have the stubble.
The character model in Emperors Tomb looked pretty much like Ford so it's a bit surprising that a game years later is so much worse in that respect.

And that swinging animation at the start of the video, pretty bad, no sense of real movement at all.
Quite a few of the animations in the game seems to just go by way too fast, like that shelf that fell on that enemy.

Make no mistake, I'm super excited about the game, the ps2 version that is. The Wii version seems to suffer strongly from waggleomania.

Nurhachi1991

Thats what my point is the character does not look like Indy but he does look like he is in his mid 20s which leads me to believe it's a flash back or soemthing. The cover art for the game looks like ford so does the pre rendered trailer so why would they miss the mark so bad on this? The only problem with my therory is there are Nazis and Nazis would not of been around when Indy was in his 20s :(

DocWhiskey

The Tingler said:
Maybe this will make it up to you:

screenshot22.jpg

Ok, so I'm guessing the one on the left is Indy. He's wearing all khaki colors and looks like he has a fedora on. I really don't think the one on the right is Henry Sr. Why would he dress in dark colors with short sleeves? And It doesn't look like he's wearing a hat. I think its a chick.

EDIT: Oh, maybe Henry's suit jacket is off and he's got his white sleeves rolled up? That's the only possibility I see.

It's really depressing that it's 2009 and we can't make out a character from a screenshot. That's saying something about SoK.

|ZiR|

Graphics schmafics. So long as the gameplay itself is solid and long then I'm a happy boy.

And Henry Sr. is dressed in dark, or rather drab, clothes, Doc. I think that looks like Henry in his vest with his sleeves rolled up. Hat too.

c50.jpg

FAKE EDIT: Oh you jerk. Way to edit in and make this post meaningless. Whatever--we may have come to the same conclusion, but I went the extra mile and got a pic. :p

DocLathropBrown

DocWhiskey said:
It's really depressing that it's 2009 and we can't make out a character from a screenshot. That's saying something about SoK.

That's a screenshot from a low-rez internet video. Do not confuse things. If it were a "real" screenshot, it would be easier to see.

Snakes

Silvor said:
The Wii version seems to suffer strongly from waggleomania.

The over waggling is from the people playing the game in the vid I think. I always hate when they show people playing Wii games, they always look waaay to happy and spaz out with the Wiimotes.

Nurhachi1991 said:
Thats what my point is the character does not look like Indy but he does look like he is in his mid 20s which leads me to believe it's a flash back or soemthing. The cover art for the game looks like ford so does the pre rendered trailer so why would they miss the mark so bad on this? The only problem with my therory is there are Nazis and Nazis would not of been around when Indy was in his 20s :(

I think the part with the spiders is part of the opening teaser portion of the game, which might explain why Indy looks so un-Ford like. I wouldnt bet on it though; that's the only thing about this game that bothers me. And I thought there were Nazis in some form in the 1920s. Could be wrong.

Nurhachi1991

Woah The Nazi party was founded in 1919! So my theory might be right! I doubt it but that would be great to have another Young Indy teaser (y)

DocWhiskey

|ZiR| said:
FAKE EDIT: Oh you jerk. Way to edit in and make this post meaningless. Whatever--we may have come to the same conclusion, but I went the extra mile and got a pic. :p

Haha. I edited it 30 minutes before you posted your response! Gave you plenty of time! :p

But yeah, I think we're on to something....

DocLathropBrown said:
That's a screenshot from a low-rez internet video. Do not confuse things. If it were a "real" screenshot, it would be easier to see.

You're right, but none of the "real" screenshots we've gotten so far were met with smiles and open arms here. But the Wii and PS2 still have good graphics imo. I'm sure the game will be a blast.

00Kevin

Indyfan
stoopid lucasarts, putting it on every platform except for the ones real gamers have.

i'm an XBOX man and i really didn't want to invest in another platform right now, but this game just looks so good. any PSPers out there? do you think it would be worth it to invest in a PSP?