General Indy 5 Thread - rumors and possibilities

Honestly...will there be another Indy film in the next decade?

• Total voters
Any news is good news as long as people are still talking about it being something that will happen even if its vague. The more people saying things like "Lucas, Spielburg, Ford want to do it and are thinking, talking, etc. about it" the better. Its like Indy4 years ago, alot of vague talk and then we finally got something but in this case it would have to happen sooner than later due to Ford's age.

EddyW

Hmmm... so why was he the one to say that the Bermuda triangle rumors are false when he doesn't even know what the story is. I like it that he isn't honest, it means he's hiding something. :D

lao che & sons

EddyW said:
Hmmm... so why was he the one to say that the Bermuda triangle rumors are false when he doesn't even know what the story is. I like it that he isn't honest, it means he's hiding something. :D

He never siad that the rumors weren't ture. He siad "Yeah, uh, they don't tell me..." which means he knows nothing.

kevster

lao che & sons said:
He never siad that the rumors weren't ture. He siad "Yeah, uh, they don't tell me..." which means he knows nothing.

Well he did, he responded to the Bermuda on twitter: "The rumor about INDY 5 is completely false. Nothing has changed, we are not shooting next year and still in the research phase..."

So yeah it's a bit strange that suddenly now he is saying he doesn't know what the story is...

Dr.Sartorius

kevster said:
Well he did, he responded to the Bermuda on twitter: "The rumor about INDY 5 is completely false. Nothing has changed, we are not shooting next year and still in the research phase..."

So yeah it's a bit strange that suddenly now he is saying he doesn't know what the story is...

Nice to see things are moving at a steady pace. :rolleyes:

No Ticket

Indy's brother said:
I have yet to read or hear anything to support this. Lucas did say, "...in theory I'm working on it, but I really don't care" which I just took as another one of his lame attempts at humor. Frank Marshall has since said that it is in the research phase (in response to the Bermuda rumor). Not one person attached to Indy 5 has breathed a word of it not happening. While it might feel empowering to predict the the fate of Indy 5, it's unwise. Until I hear the winds of change from GL, SS, FM, or HF, I will go by what little info we have....that it's in the works, very secretively, and it's taking a while. Remember what I posted a few weeks back in this thread?

We'll hear something soon. "Trust me." ;)

I haven't been following this much lately but, where did George Lucas say he "didn't care." :(

Johnny Nys

There was a video posted where George Lucas is speaking in a college's auditorium. Someone asked about Indy 5 and the reply was something like "In theory I'm working on that, but I don't care." It comes just after 5 minutes.

(sorry for the double post - browser trouble while editing)

AtomicAnt

Really, seeing Lucas say it. Seeing how it being said.. I can say. He was being sarcastic on the last bit when he said "But I don't really care." because he starts laughing, I think he was joking with the guy who asked.. I mean you have a million star wars questions and this guy literally says "So, I hate to get off topic *laughs* but are we going to get another Indiana Jones movie?" George then says "In theory, I'm working on it.. But I really don't care *laughs*." joking because everything literally everything until then was about star wars.

Montana Smith

AtomicAnt said:
Really, seeing Lucas say it. Seeing how it being said.. I can say. He was being sarcastic on the last bit when he said "But I don't really care." because he starts laughing, I think he was joking with the guy who asked.. I mean you have a million star wars questions and this guy literally says "So, I hate to get off topic *laughs* but are we going to get another Indiana Jones movie?" George then says "In theory, I'm working on it.. But I really don't care *laughs*." joking because everything literally everything until then was about star wars.

Sounds like one of George's more flippant comments, then. Though it adds more subterfuge to the air of secrecy surrounding the question of "will they?" or "won't they?"

AtomicAnt

Montana Smith said:
Sounds like one of George's more flippant comments, then. Though it adds more subterfuge to the air of secrecy surrounding the question of "will they?" or "won't they?"
The thing with George is that he has a weird sense of humor, you can only really tell when he's joking if he laughs. I say that based on a couple of things from DVD commentaries and the Raiders transcript. (specifically when he talks about Toht raping Marion and Spielberg thinks he's serious about it.)

Montana Smith

AtomicAnt said:
The thing with George is that he has a weird sense of humor, you can only really tell when he's joking if he laughs. I say that based on a couple of things from DVD commentaries and the Raiders transcript. (specifically when he talks about Toht raping Marion and Spielberg thinks he's serious about it.)

Yes, George can be very self-deprecating sometimes, too. With Star Wars he incorporated a lot of mythology and symbolism, and spawned a massive franchise. Now, when he's interviewed about the meanings in Star Wars, or areas that might be deemed as plot holes, he doesn't defend himself. He sits back in the comfort of knowing that he created something massive, and is big enough to joke with the interviewer about mistakes he may have made.

Looks like he's reached that stage with Indy, too. He knows there's a growing demand for #5, and he can sit back in the comfort of knowing that he's the keystone of the project.

AtomicAnt

Montana Smith said:
Yes, George can be very self-deprecating sometimes, too. With Star Wars he incorporated a lot of mythology and symbolism, and spawned a massive franchise. Now, when he's interviewed about the meanings in Star Wars, or areas that might be deemed as plot holes, he doesn't defend himself. He sits back in the comfort of knowing that he created something massive, and is big enough to joke with the interviewer about mistakes he may have made.

Looks like he's reached that stage with Indy, too. He knows there's a growing demand for #5, and he can sit back in the comfort of knowing that he's the keystone of the project.
Like how for a while he said he didn't bring Kershner back because he didn't like the style, but for the past few years he's been owning up to him screwing up and being fined.

seasider

I don't know. This is the guy who recently trashed KOTCS in the media but I hope he's right that the script is being written.

JP Jones

It says it comes strait from shia. Not like that rumor about the bermuda triangle that came from "movie bosses" or something like that. If he actually said that, it's true!

Montana Smith

robisindy said:
http://www.showbizspy.com/article/210592/shia-labeouf-indiana-jones-5-will-be-crazy.html
Shia says they're writing the script for Indy 5 and that it's going to be crazy. Is this trustworthy?

If Shia says it's going to be "crazy", then yes, I do believe him! And I don't want to see a "crazy" Indy movie.

Shia — who is currently dating British beauty Carey Mulligan — recently insisted he’s not a “huge spender”.

That's because he only gets paid what he's worth.