Beat the m347, revisioned 2013 edition

H or M?

• H

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • M

Votes: 5 83.3%

• Total voters

Agent Crab

I think the mods love you, Nurhachi1991.

And...

mrt-fools.jpg

jamesdude

Nurhachi1991 said:
Haha well Doc I guess that would get your mind off the heat so that is some decent input (y)

But I just watched Platoon last night with a bandana soaked in ice water haha it was so hot and humid I felt like I was in Nam.

Youve seen the movie, now play the game!

platoon.jpg

Agent Crab

Nurhachi1991 said:
Oh I have James Dude............... the horror!!!! Haha my bro used to have that game.

I use to rent it. I never knew where I was going. Until Skip Rodgers played it.

The Drifter

It's been around 98 for the past two weeks here with little to no rain. We had no electricity for about a week as well. Supposed to be 102 today. Tell me fellow Raveners, how do YOU beat the heat?

Finn

Staff member
The Spaniards invented a thing called siesta because of this. They sleep away the hottest hours of the day and become more active when it gets cooler.

Nurhachi1991

Finn said:
The Spaniards invented a thing called siesta because of this. They sleep away the hottest hours of the day and become more active when it gets cooler.

I thought they took a nap after a large meal

The Drifter

I bet it's time for you to try beating the meat, er, I mean it's time for you to try beating the heat again, huh 'Nurch?

Nurhachi1991

Alright Fella's and Gals it's getting hot here in Sunny Southern CA

I am beating the heat right now with a cold beer. How are you beating that heat?

The Drifter

I've been working outside most days here, and it's been in the upper 80's with full sunshine. Sunburned all over and burning like Hell. I'm beating the m347 by drinking ice water, and in the evening keeping my AC at a brisk 65 degrees.

Finn

Staff member
The Drifter said:
I'm beating the m347 by drinking ice water, and in the evening keeping my AC at a brisk 65 degrees.
It can be considered something of an exercise, so staying hydrated is probably smart.

Still, TMI.

The Drifter

Finn said:
It can be considered something of an exercise, so staying hydrated is probably smart.

Still, TMI.

Yeah, the only drawback is that my right arm is much bigger than my left now.
How do you beat the extreme warmth, Finn? Surely that land of ice, igloos and reindeer must have some tepid spots?

Finn

Staff member
The Drifter said:
Yeah, the only drawback is that my right arm is much bigger than my left now.
I hear that's a sign of an extremely committed man.

The Drifter said:
How do you beat the extreme warmth, Finn?
By turning nocturnal.

The Drifter

Nurch, is it time for your ceaseless struggle to beat the heat? It's not too bad here yet - it's hit around 80 for a few days, but mostly stays in the mid-70s.

Nurhachi1991

Well Raven, it’s that time again

If you are living in the United States, record heat waves are sweeping the nation. So I ask again in 2023

How are you all beating the heat?