2nd Trailer - initial impressions

pitt_norton

This just may be the perfect blend of all three previous Indy flicks...

... I love how rejuvenated Harrison looks and sounds (his voice at the beginning has none of the old man gruff his latest films have recorded to film! The spark in his eye is back, though that was always a given ever since the very first photo of him sitting in the chair was released online).

isaac_z

isaac_z said:
anyone recognize the guy behind bars?

ahem... not to quote myself... but some people over at IMDB are speculating that this short shot is Sean Patrick Flannery. personally, i don't buy it, but i haven't seen him in years... what do you think?

Shortie

DreamsOfDoom said:
AMAZING *o*!!!!!! :whip: :D (y) love it! amazing to have this and the Dark Knight trailer all around the same time... good times!!!
That new TDK sucked, what'd we get like 2 new seconds?

Kingsley

• Cates voice... sounds somehow "classic". She talks deep and slow like some actresses in the past. I like that!
  • The Red Line in the map! (It seems they are flying to Mexico, through Cuba)
  • A "Brando" Mutt with his motorcycle in the train station.
  • Lost's Hatch! :p
  • And the Rocket Sled is sooo cool!

All in all, I think the last dialogue of the "happy family" was the weakest part of a pretty good trailer.

torao

Moderator Emeritus
pitt_norton said:
... I love how rejuvenated Harrison looks and sounds (his voice at the beginning has none of the old man gruff his latest films have recorded to film! The spark in his eye is back, though that was always a given ever since the very first photo of him sitting in the chair was released online).

Oh yeah. It's amazing. The whole rythm and sound of his little speech in the beginning is sooo that Indy from Raiders. I've always been wondering how it is possible for an actor...and for Ford to always go back to that one character ...and we've all wondered about that now... but ...OMG this guy just is Indy...it appears you just can't say it often enough.

Last edited:

agentsands77

Great trailer!

The first trailer was mediocre, but this one gets it just right. The mystery, the fun, the excitement... it's all here, and it feels like Indiana Jones. Love it!

eroc

isaac_z said:
ahem... not to quote myself... but some people over at IMDB are speculating that this short shot is Sean Patrick Flannery. personally, i don't buy it, but i haven't seen him in years... what do you think?

It does kind of look like him, with a crazy look in his eyes.

sarah navarro

Dr.Sartorius said:
I need to change my pants.
Me too:eek: :D :D :D
Tears came to my eyes,i watched it a million times now.I think this really might be the best Indy yet!
When Indy comes out with the bazooka he says something like, "if i were you id cover my ears".Is that what he said?or did he say A**?

spiralout

pitt_norton said:
This just may be the perfect blend of all three previous Indy flicks...

Yes, I love it too! He sounds like Indy again, and not like old Mr. Ford.

eroc

Kingsley said:
All in all, I think the last dialogue of the "happy family" was the weakest part of a pretty good trailer.

Do you mean when Marion says, "I don't think he plans that far ahead"? I thought that it was a classic scene. Probably soon after Mutt has become in awe of the Professor. It reminds me of, "I'm making this up as I go."