Ford's make-up

-Jones-

IMO, this guy who was responisble for Ford's make-up was poor :/. Something was not right, there was no continuity in Ford's make-up - it brings my p*** to a boil /AVGN certified/ :/.

In every segment of the film, Indy looked different - his face is different, the make-up was done in a lazy way. He looked perfect in the Peru market scene, where he was walking with Mutt. Then, something odd happened - e.g. almost at the end of the film, where Indy is sitting with Marion and the rest of the bunch, he's laughing and looking into the sky - he looked totally different and really young. During the jungle chase he looked again totally different, one time he was younger and then he was older. The same thing goes for the Akator scenes. In the beginning of the film, he looked nothing like Indy, similar, but something was odd about it, especially in the scene where Spalko is touching his forehead - I think he looked very similar to this character from Police Academy:

http://www.buddytv.com/articles/the-closer/images/g.w.-bailey-6.jpg

In the scenes, where Indy is teaching, he looked perfect, but the wedding scene was strange. Ford looked like a wax figure - to much face powder?

I can multiply the examples, but generally - the make-up artist was bad...

eshine

Wow - I have NEVER in my life seen a movie so overly scrutinized.

Raiders is a masterpiece, this is for sure - but quite frankly, this franchise does not merit this much scrutiny.

These are throwaway popcorn films. Live action cartoons, basically.

jdm_jib

Have a look at recent photos of yourself, put them side by side and examine them, you'll look fat in some, skinny in others, goofy in some, ugly in some etc.

This is exactly the same with movies, i think lighting and camera angles has more of a part to play with it than actually make-up.

Jones_Happens

eshine said:

Raiders is a masterpiece, this is for sure - but quite frankly, this franchise does not merit this much scrutiny.

Agreed. This is just getting ridiculous now!

muttjones

this is almost has bad as that hat thread where some people thought that because the hat was a slightly different fedora when it was put on Young Indy's head to when harrison indy was wearing it the next shot then meant that indy did wear different hats but he kept the style of wearing a fedora after he was given it in LC.:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

The Man

Ford looked fine to me, but Allen? Sheesh! That face was shot with enough botox to dewrinkle an elephant. Maybe she didn't stop smiling because she couldn't stop smiling. This blatant Hollywood hack-jobbing of ageing women is utterly unacceptable.

Joker.jpg

"Indy, he's your son..."

Last edited:

graz

eshine said:

Yes you're quite right. Anyway, about Indy's choice of underwear, I've heard he favours Calvins, but surely they weren't around in..... (y)

The Man

During the academic scene in Skull, the point at which the bridge of Indy's glasses rests on his nose isn't quite right. I don't know - there's just something about it...

Crusade>Raiders

Wow...this is almost as bad as that one thread where the TC made a overdramatic post over Ford's pronunciation of the word "library".

You people complain about EVERYTHING.

-Jones-

I really like KotCS and Ford's performance as Indy in it, but I just wanted to point some flaws in Ford's make-up. That's all. Can't we discuss it like normal fans /not fanboys and haters/?

HovitosKing

-Jones- said:
I really like KotCS and Ford's performance as Indy in it, but I just wanted to point some flaws in Ford's make-up. That's all. Can't we discuss it like normal fans /not fanboys and haters/?

And what, pray tell, is there to discuss about Ford's makeup? I'm not justifying the existence of this thread with any more posts. This sucks. Please people, exercise a little more restraint before starting new "threads."

Agent Z

It's all a combination of lighting, filters, and makeup. God, just ask Robert Redford. Just ask the man....

I thought Harrison looked great throughout the film. I never had trouble figuring which character on the screen was Indiana Jones. It was awesome not to have pull an usher aside and ask. let me tell ya.

sandiegojones

eshine said:

Agreed. People just seem to like to suck the fun out of everything. (n)

Thank God for DVD so I don't have to watch it in a room filled with a$$holes anymore!

Mike00spy

I would say that Indy looks younger at the end of the movie then he did when it started and that was tied in to his character arc of the movie.

Montana Smith

What? His make up was wrong, too?

Did this film manage to get anything right? :rolleyes: :p

To be fair, Ronald Lacey's make up melted a bit under the hot studio lights while making Raiders, but I don't think you'd notice unless you were really looking for it...

PrudentialChristmas4.jpg

Mickiana

The same thing happened to Donovan in LC. Some scenes he looked vital and debonair and others he looked like a dumpster dweller.