Seventh Son

Le Saboteur

I don't usually go in for teen fantasy. I don't even think that category of fiction existed when I was a teen once upon a time. We read The Hobbit; The Lord of the Rings; and, Robert Jordan's exercise in self flagellation if we read fantasy novels at all. The Dragonlance books (based on the Dungeons & Dragons addition) were well done, too.

But when I saw this image off Jeff Bridges in the forthcoming Seventh Son from Warner Bros., I was intrigued.

Seventh-Son.jpg

I don't know who the kid is, but with Jeff Bridges and Julianne Moore (the thinking man's sex symbol) headlining a stellar cast I thought it was would be worth paying attention to. With Sergei Bodrov (the guy behind Mongol and the forthcoming The Great Khan) in the director's chair it certainly has the potential to be good.

So why is it being released in January, that month where movies go to die? The first trailer certainly seems better than the cinematic dumping ground.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/SaArm4Qupo8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I knew there was a Little Lebowski on the way. He was helping her conceive after all.

Today is born the seventh one
Born of woman the seventh son
And he in turn of a seventh son
He has the power to heal
He has the gift of the second sight
He is the chosen one
So it shall be written
So it shall be done