the best use for the Toht we never got...

tnswman

Well,

We didn't get toht in the Indy line. However, we got Toht's body in the Gi Joe SDCC Cobra Commander figure.

So, what can you do with a Toht body? Here is what I did.

JAMES BOND!!
Indy002-26.jpg

Indy003-25.jpg

Indy004-22.jpg

The head is Daniel Craig's head from the Golden compass line. I also trimmed Toht's longer suit jacket off to make it more appropriate. Since the latest James Bond line was cancelled this is about the best we can get. Thankfully, there are PLENTY of accessories in the Joe line for Bond to use.

what else can you do with Toht's body?

tnswman

It was like they were made for each other..The neck ball just took a little shaving but then it fit PERFECTLY!

tnswman

Crusade>Raiders said:
Pretty badass (y)

See if you can make Marcus Brody with Toht's body.

Oh yea you could for sure. and Donivan...any suit character could be made.

I have wanted a 3 3/4" Bond forever though. we almost had a full Bond line but it got cancelled when the company went under.

WillKill4Food

I like it, but Craig's head is a little too big for the body. I seem to recall that the Golden Compass figures are a little bit bigger than my 3 3/4 figures, so I think that Craig's head probably isn't to scale with body, hence the distorted look.

tnswman

No, it actually isn't at all. The figures match up perfectly...The heads you are used to seeing for Gi Joe are too small..the Craig head matches up with the other Indy figure heads.

Gobi-1

tnswman said:
Since the latest James Bond line was cancelled this is about the best we can get.

I have wanted a 3 3/4" Bond forever though. we almost had a full Bond line but it got cancelled when the company went under.

Corgi went out of business and the 3 3/4" Bond line is dead? [Bangs head against desk]

Can you post a link to this info. I'd appreciate it.

tnswman

Gobi-1 said:
Corgi went out of business and the 3 3/4" Bond line is dead? [Bangs head against desk]

Can you post a link to this info. I'd appreciate it.

I found it on action-figure.com i think...they are waiting to see if a company in the UK picks up the line this year but probably not since they missed the movie. The company was popcorn and they were known for their Harry potter figures and AWESOME playsets

bonoferox

I'm kind of hoping the company that did the 3 3/4" Harry Potter line will pick up the Bond license, but I'm doubting it. Or Mezco could do a decent job like what they did with the Hellboy series.

Kevin

I don't think the head looks that big. Have you seen Resolute Duke's head? Not sure I would have cut the jacket that short, but overall I like it.

vf wing

I actually own the Resolute Duke. His head is bigger than a lot of the current crop of Joes to be sure. It might be a tad oversized, but I dig it myself(y)

UIMJ

Man if only Hasbro would now use the Thot head mold for one of their Star Wars figures. I'd crack open one of those Cobra Commanders in a heartbeat and do a head pop for the figure.

tnswman

bonoferox said:
I'm kind of hoping the company that did the 3 3/4" Harry Potter line will pick up the Bond license, but I'm doubting it. Or Mezco could do a decent job like what they did with the Hellboy series.

The head honestly does not look any different than any other Indy head in-person..Try it and see yourself..

Bono...that's the company that I was talking about that went out of biz.

inky_skin

The company producing the Harry Potter figures was actually PopCo. Although they've gone into administration (and all their cheap customising fodder got pulled from the shelves here in the UK), they have handed their business over to Re:Creation.

The deal will see the firm handle Popco toy brands in the UK, Ireland and Europe through 2010. The deal will see the firm handle the range of toys for the next Harry Potter film, due in the summer.

http://www.toynewsmag.com/news/30564/ReCreation-takes-on-PopCo-range