The Curious Case of Benjamin Button

Forbidden Eye

C'mon, anybody who saw Indiana Jones 4 in theaters saw this teaser.

Anybody see it, wanna see it etc.?

I saw it today. Might write a review tomorrow if I'm bored enough.

Forbidden Eye

muttjones said:
i wanna see this. did you like it?

I did. It was an extremely gripping story that I couldn't take my eyes off the first 2/3rds. The film does eventually drag when it becomes a romance movie as opposed to a fantastical Forrest Gump. But it's an overall interesting film.

Terrific acting all around. Brad Pitt(whom I normally hate because of his pretty boy image) gives the most convincing portrayal of someone who ages drastically since Orson Well's acting in Citizen Kane. And not much needs to be said about Agent Spalko herself, the woman of 1000 faces. A great film from a technical stand-point as well.

I usually hate David Fincher(The Game, Fight Club, Panic Room etc. (n)) but he's starting to significantly improve with Zodiac and now this.

Overall, up there with TDK as the best film of 2008 in my book. Hope it does well at the Academy.

agentsands77

I enjoyed THE CURIOUS CASE OF BENJAMIN BUTTON. I don't think it's of the caliber of David Fincher's best (SE7EN and ZODIAC represent, in my estimation, Fincher's finest work to date), but it's not too far behind, either.

Crusade>Raiders

Loved the film. Not Fight Club, but its on the same level as Se7en(which is to say I loved the film, its just not 10/10 awesomeness). I cried several times throughout too, didn't see that coming. Usually when a film does that I know its something special(see Wall-E). 9/10

agentsands77

Crusade>Raiders said:
Not Fight Club, but its on the same level as Se7en(which is to say I loved the film, its just not 10/10 awesomeness).
I personally think SE7EN is far, far, far superior to FIGHT CLUB, which must be one of the most overrated films ever made.

caats

i agree on Fight Club. i'm so tired of that movie.

Button was good. I didn't like the katrina parts, i don't think that added much. And the Tilda Swinton part coulda been shorter. the story points were a bit too Gump-ish but oh well. same writer, recycled some stuff. Brad Pitt was awesome, and the whole transformation stuff was amazing.

The Man

agentsands77 said:
I personally think SE7EN is far, far, far superior to FIGHT CLUB, which must be one of the most overrated films ever made.

Agreed: Se7en is Fincher's finest to date. "What's in the box?!" Unforgettable...

San Holo

While some say it's in the same ballpark as Gump, I think that it is unfair to draw too many parallels between these movies. Benjamin Button is truly an original, and deserves to be in a class of it's very own. I went into the movie knowing just about nothing of the plot, and really enjoyed watching the story unfold. And yes, the acting is phenominal..even caught myself getting all misty-eyed on more than one occasion. Great movie-Go see it for yourselves(y) (y)

agentsands77

Rocket Surgeon said:
Heard it was too Forest Gumpy...dirivative.
They bear a lot of narrative similarities, really, but in tone they're pretty different. And really, BENJAMIN BUTTON is a better film than FORREST GUMP, in practically every respect.

DoomTown

Rocket Surgeon said:
Date night is a respectable reason...

Going to the theatre and seeing a movie with my girl, regardless if it's good or bad? Priceless. We can either bash it and laugh our a$$ off, or really have a great conversation about the films subject matter...In the case of BB, it was the latter...Ok everyone, all together...AWWWWWWWWWWWWWW.:D

Besides, when I'm visiting NYC next month, I'll check around for that "TOD" vinyl...you know I will...;)

Indy's brother

Derivitive?

I haven't seen Button, but it must be said that F. Scott Fitzgerald wrote the short story of Benjamin Button in 1921. While it's my understanding that the basic premise of this new iteration belongs to Fitzgerald, the rest (apparently) is strictly hollywood.