Fate of Atlantis qeustion.

eBay. It's a loverly thing.

I was lucky enough to have bought it back in the early 90s. Still have my talkie version complete with box and instructions. It's in pretty dynamite shape. God, I love this game...

|ZiR|

How can I obtain Fate of Atlantis...

...without buying it on the Internet? (i.e., Ebay)

The PC, CD-rom version. How rare is it, and what're the odds of finding a copy in a shop today?

Or barring that, and this shouldn't be against the rules as I'm not asking for linkage, does a emulated version of FoA exist?

Finn

Staff member
|ZiR| said:
The PC, CD-rom version. How rare is it, and what're the odds of finding a copy in a shop today?
Well, it is a game that's more than 15 years old, so that alone tells a lot. The chances of finding an unused copy is nil. Garage sales, flea markets, video game stores that sell used games, that's pretty much it.

Also, an exceptionally well-equipped store might still sell a LucasArts classics box collection that, along with FoA, also contain several other famous LEC adventures.

|ZiR| said:
Or barring that, and this shouldn't be against the rules as I'm not asking for linkage, does a emulated version of FoA exist?
The answer to that question is a technical yes, as you practically need an emulating program called ScummVM to run the game properly on modern PCs. As a note of interest, it also lets one run the regular PC FoA meant for DOS not only in Windows, but in other setups, like Macs and Linux or Solaris systems as well.

|ZiR|

Thanks for the info, Finn. (y)

I was never expecting to find an unopened copy of FoA at a store. That'd be like finding the Holy Grail. :p Sadly EB stores don't offer much in the way of PC games. At the local one, the section for PC games takes about up about two yards of space, while the rest of the walls are covered in X-Box/Wii/PS3 games. Sucks.

Though, I've actually found a ROM of FoA and a C64 emulator (WinVICE), but despite my tinkering with it for the past 2+ hours I still can't get it to work. Which is probably due more to my own stupidity than anything else.

But I really want to own a tangible copy of the game myself, so I'll just have to keep my eyes open.

Last edited:
eMule has all kinds of versions for download.

(If you PM me, I might even still have the install file, if I didn't delete it... Didn't think much of the game at all)

If you care about such things, make sure you're not violating YOUR countries laws by downloading it.

Me, I'd download your mom if I could find her!

:p

Finn

Staff member
|ZiR| said:
Though, I've actually found a ROM of FoA and a C64 emulator (WinVICE), but despite my tinkering with it for the past 2+ hours I still can't get it to work. Which is probably due more to my own stupidity than anything else.
The original PC DOS version is the way to go, thanks to ScummVM. No need to mess around with anything else. Now you just have to find the game, which isn't that hard... apart from the method Clinton above mentioned, even the regular search engines might find one straight off the web, but on that field you're on your own thanks to the board rules.

Attila the Professor

Staff member
IrishLuck1980 said:
While it is easy to download the game off numerous methods, I recommend ebay. A game like that deserves your money.

Yeah, but it's not going to anyone who made the game in that case, just to whoever's selling it; it's like used books.