Indiana Jones in the Lost Kingdom (Commodore 64)

DIrishB

Has anyone ever played the VERY OLD Indy game:

Indiana Jones in the Lost Kingdom

I managed to snag a copy of this off Ebay a few years back in perfect condition...not one thing missing. It has the original binder, the floppy disk, instructions and hint book, and even the little red decoder lens to read the hints. I'll take pictures/scans of them if anyone's interested.

Anyway, this game came out around the time Temple of Doom's release (hence the ToD artwork on the cover), but it actually features an original storyline (and was the first Indy videogame to do so, not just being an adaptation of the movies). In it, you travel through 6 screens (it was pretty basic, but challenging) trying to grab an artifact which I can't remember the name of. A second player could play as your German antagonist Ivar Reiss as you race to claim the artifact.

I've never played it (I don't own a Commodore 64), but intend to find a working Commodore 64 off Ebay specifically to play this game. Unfortunately I'll have to track down all the necessary tertiary stuff to play this (a joystick, the Commodore 64 disk drive, etc), but I think it'll be worth it.

Any other members here ever play this classic Indy game?

Plaristes

DIrishB said:
Has anyone ever played the VERY OLD Indy game:

Indiana Jones in the Lost Kingdom

I managed to snag a copy of this off Ebay a few years back in perfect condition...not one thing missing. It has the original binder, the floppy disk, instructions and hint book, and even the little red decoder lens to read the hints. I'll take pictures/scans of them if anyone's interested.

Anyway, this game came out around the time Temple of Doom's release (hence the ToD artwork on the cover), but it actually features an original storyline (and was the first Indy videogame to do so, not just being an adaptation of the movies). In it, you travel through 6 screens (it was pretty basic, but challenging) trying to grab an artifact which I can't remember the name of. A second player could play as your German antagonist Ivar Reiss as you race to claim the artifact.

I've never played it (I don't own a Commodore 64), but intend to find a working Commodore 64 off Ebay specifically to play this game. Unfortunately I'll have to track down all the necessary tertiary stuff to play this (a joystick, the Commodore 64 disk drive, etc), but I think it'll be worth it.

Any other members here ever play this classic Indy game?

Yeah, pics/scans would be great.

DIrishB

Plaristes said:
Yeah, pics/scans would be great.

Here you go:

Front Cover
IJinTLC-Cover.jpg

Back Cover
IJinTLC-BackCover.jpg

Disk (Floppy)
IJinTLC-Disk.jpg

Instruction Manual Story Pages
IJinTLC-Page1.jpg

IJinTLC-Page2.jpg

If you're interested, I'll go ahead and scan the rest of the instructional booklet, but its just info on how to load the game and some hint pages for progressing through the rooms in the game. Let me know and I'll scan those too.

Junior Jones

DIrishB said:
A second player could play as your German antagonist Ivar Reiss as you race to claim the artifact.

Ivar Reiss

That name sounds familiar. Was he possibly a character in the Marvel Comics?

DIrishB

Junior Jones said:
Ivar Reiss

That name sounds familiar. Was he possibly a character in the Marvel Comics?

metalinvader said:

HA! I didn't even realize that! Its been a few years since I read my Further Adventures issues, so I'd completely forgotten. I guess since he dies in that issue of the comic, Lost Kingdom has to occur before the Further Adventures series (and I assume he "survives" Lost Kingdom). ;)

In reality, I think the comic writers just borrowed (intentionally or unintentionally) the name from the game, since I'm pretty sure the game was released first (in 1984...that issue of Further Adventures wasn't released until 1985, a year later).

Pretty cool connection, though. Thanks Junior and Metal for pointing that out!

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Any sense of <I>where</I> Lost Kingdom takes place, DIrishB or anyone else?

The artwork seen on TheRaider, at any rate, seems pretty European.

image03.gif

image02.gif

And here's another wrinkle: TheRaider.net cites the name of Indy's antagonist as Erik Peters, not Ivar Reiss. Wondering what the basis for that is...

Last edited: