Opinion on jacket needed

Goodeknight

Looks to me like you could do better for the $159 pricetag.

But, if they're in your area, I'm guessing you're thinking of getting it cheaper since they don't have to ship it.

Button up front is obviously non-Indy. And that storm flap over the buttons is wiiiiide. Okay looking jacket, but nowhere close to SA. Like I said, I personally think there are better alternatives for that kind of money.

Cowhide isn't SA, but it's tough and classic.

That's my 2 cents.

indyclone25

that was what i thought , the back looked way to long and the button up front could be last crusade but the jacket was to dark for that . i will be happy with my todd's for right now .

indyclone25 said:
what do you think of this product?
The only problem I see is the texture...it doesn't look right, maybe it needs to be darker too.

I do like the choice and placement of the Indian Motorcycle T.

$(KGrHqF,!ksE6G)KwqBbBOqGzhqjlw~~60_12.JPG

mikieson

With all the research ive put into finding a cheap INDY jacket. THIS one looks great to me. AND the price is great. I was going to try and save up for a Wested but its like 305$ with my size,s/h so this will do me just fine. Thanks for the LINK.

Goodeknight

mikieson said:
With all the research ive put into finding a cheap INDY jacket. THIS one looks great to me. AND the price is great. I was going to try and save up for a Wested but its like 305$ with my size,s/h so this will do me just fine. Thanks for the LINK.

But buying this puts you half way toward a Wested. Keep saving and go for the custom Wested. It's not a shirt that'll wear out in a few years. It's a leather jacket you'll wear for the rest of your life and pass on to your kids. When people admire the look and the fit, it's a great feeling to say, "Yeah. I had it custom made in England. It's from the people that made them for the movies."

goodeknight said:
But buying this puts you half way toward a Wested. Keep saving and go for the custom Wested. It's not a shirt that'll wear out in a few years. It's a leather jacket you'll wear for the rest of your life and pass on to your kids. When people admire the look and the fit, it's a great feeling to say, "Yeah. I had it custom made in England. It's from the people that made them for the movies."
Great advice.

Listen to this man, you'll be glad you did.

indyclone25

mikieson said:

if you are still looking for a cheaper jacket and a better screen accurate jacke go to toddscostume.com a very nice jacket , and really a much better looking jacket than the one i was asking people about for their opinion on :D

fenris

I 2nd Indyclone's advice... Todds is the way to go for a leather jacket. I've been meaning to buy one myself, but still contemplating whether I would actually get to wear it where I live.

The_Raiders

I agree with everyone about the Todds Jacket. I HAD one, and loved it. But I learned quickly you should never let your friends borrow your Indy jacket. Or there mother will cause it's demise.

I have a great "close" winter jacket, but I'm so tempted to get a real "screen acurate" Raiders jacket.

Maybe after I get the rest!

Goodeknight

Rocket Surgeon said:
I have a great "close" winter jacket, but I'm so tempted to get a real "screen acurate" Raiders jacket.

Maybe after I get the rest!

I'm surprised that with so much action in The Raven that you have yet to get a SA jacket or "the rest." Rocket, you gotta get busy! Think of how much more insight you'd have for the gear, props, and distressing threads!

Mickiana

I play dress-up all the time. When I go to work I wear work clothes, when i go out to casual functions I dress casually, when i go to a wedding I wear a nice suit, when I go to a funeral I wear black, when I'm out adventuring I wear Indy gear or something like it. I like dress-up. There's an outfit for every game.