Best Horror Movie Ever

sarah navarro said:
This is still the scariest though:)
EvilDead.jpg

One of my very favorite films. I adore Bruce Campbell. Shame though that Raimi has taken to... Spiderman... :(

To answer the original question, John Carpenter's "Halloween". Not to be confused with the unthinkable remake that's being released this month. :dead:

Rumpled Fedora said:
To answer the original question, John Carpenter's "Halloween". Not to be confused with the unthinkable remake that's being released this month. :dead:

Another remake that has me upset. Damn Rob Zombie.

There's also an upcoming remake for Cannibal Holocaust. Ughhh.

roundshort

For me Friday the 13th is the best. A great movie, hell I will say Fridayt he 13th 1 to 4, after that well it just gets silly.

After that pretty much anything with a zombies

I agree the first Dawn of the Dead was the best, it was filmed at my local mall, so very fond memories, but I enjoyed the new one.

I have to give a nod to Rob Zombies first two movies, very original and fun. House of a 1,000 corpses has a very erie feel to it.

PhantomStranger

I know their not considered "scary" anymore, but I love the classic black and white Universal Studios horror films from the '30's and '40's.

Dracula (1931)- Bela Lugosi
Frankenstein/ Bride Of Frankenstein (1931/36)- Boris Karloff
The Wolf Man (1941)- Lon Chaney jr
The Creature From The Black Lagoon

then of course their are the great British films from the '50's and '60's made by Hammer Films

Horror Of Dracula
The Mummy
Curse Of Frankenstein (all with Christopher Lee and Peter Cushing)

I know their are many many more from both studios. but these are personal favorites.

and don't forget the original (and still the best) "Night Of The Living Dead":dead:

A true low budget classic

Hawkeye

For me, it's definitely "The Legend of Boggy Creek", an old Sasquatch movie. The best part: It's based on a true story!!(y)

Niteshade007

Halloween is great. Halloween II is great. But I love the Scream trilogy, especially the first and third. I'm not really sure which one I'd pick out of those.

Friday the 13th was LAME! It had its scary moments, of course, but it was just so stupid. "Oh, all of our friends have disappeared, I'm sure it's nothing. Let me go out by myself because the power has mysteriously turned off." At least Halloween gave a somewhat more believable approach to the typical slasher. I mean, no one is with another person when they're killed (except for the girl with the pig tails, but she thought it was boyfriend, not the killer, in the room with her). And Jamie Lee Curtis actually, you know, acted, as opposed to the girl in Friday the 13th, who did nothing. I was glad to hear she died in the second one, she didn't deserve to make it through the first one!

Poltergeist was ok. I wasn't in love with it, nor did I find it very scary. I was expecting better.

Psycho I actually don't consider a horror, but it is a great film. I love watching The Birds though on Halloween.

I just bought Nightmare on Elm Street, but I still haven't watched it. Hopefully I'll be getting to that soon.

Oh, and I actually want to see the new Halloween. Not that I think it'll be any good, and I am worried that Zombie will make it too gorey, but I still want to see it just because I like the original so much.

berelain19

I thought hitchcock was called master of suspence???
His movies are very creapy but in a ''suspencful'' way.

Horror doesn't mean there has to be something supernatural in it,I mean,a serial killer hunting you and killing everone around you is not supernatural...

For me: Exorcist,and most of all the demon's voice(although now I know who's responsable for that voice...(n) )

And Amityville,both versions. Ghosts and spirits scare the **** out of me,but at the same time I get a real kick out of 'em...guess that's why I used a ouija-board once...didn't sleep in my room for a month!

PhantomStranger

Hawkeye said:
For me, it's definitely "The Legend of Boggy Creek", an old Sasquatch movie. The best part: It's based on a true story!!(y)

I remember seeing this movie in the theaters, way back whenever, I loved it. It scared the hell out of me.:D

deckard24

The Legend of Boggy Creek, now that is a blast from the past! I can remember being a kid and being creeped out and mesmerized at the same time by the VHS box cover in the video store!

As for Zombie's Halloween I want to see it just because it's a remake I mean a "reimagining, lol" of the original. I love the original, and yes I'm very skeptical of Zombie's take on it since I'm not a big fan of his other films, but I'm willing to give it a shot to see what his whole spin is.

roundshort

I give serious props to Zombies first two movies and I am excited to see the new one. Like Friday the 13th they let the series go on WAY to long. Rob should breath some great life into this movie.

No Nightmare on Elm Street people. That was my generation's Scream, very cheesy but fun.

Eric Solo said:
I love The Nightmare on Elm Street movies! It's in my top 5! Johnny Depp was in one of them.

He was in the first one. It was his first film.

I love Nightmare... but really the first is the only one worth seeing. The third one was kinda sorta decent too... but other than that, the sequels were awful.

Eric Solo

True. The Jason vs. Freddy movie was bad, but better than I expected. I didn't walk out halfway through at least.

I went to a very strict, uptight junior high school. They raised holy hell and called my dad at work when I got caught with a homemade Freddy glove at school. Good times.

Pale Horse

Staff member
no one wants to touch the supernatural though. Otherwise there would be commentary on The Exorcist... ;)

berelain19

Yeah,it's weird how people freak out when something out of the ordinary occurs!
And usually there's a perfectly normal answer,that's the funny thing!

But instead of turning our backs to it or make it ridiculous maybe we should do some serious research.
I mean,when I did this ouija-board thing,I used a glass on a mirror(to make it more exciting:p ) and that glass moved by itself,we didn't even have to hold on to it! I'm not saying it's a ghost but then what was it???

Blair Witch Project scared me too,btw

AngieAki

Choose just one? The Exorcist was great and I think probably the best based on its impact on people. I love scary movies too much though to just pick one so Halloween and Texas Chainsaw Massacre (original) also.

kongisking

deckard24 said:
Without a doubt, Halloween!

Smart guy! But there are plenty more masterpieces than that:

Croenenberg's The Fly
Alien
House on haunted hill (old one)
Frankenstein (R.I.P. Karloff! :hat: )