Alien vs. Predator

Ska

I'm sure people have seen Alien Vs. Predator since it has been out. Now I'm not a fan of either (OK, I've never seen any of the previous Alien or Predator movies), but someone gave me a copy of the movie on DVD (don't ask).

Wow, I was surprised at the story of the movie. I expected some stupid movie set in space with the two races at war, but boy was I wrong.

The entire story is about a group of scientists and archeologists who find the location of a pyramid buried beneath the ice in Antarctica. The team travels to the continent to find the pyramid, and after doing so, find more than they can handle.

It kind of reminds me of the second episode of Veritas: The Quest (if anyone happened to catch it during its short life). Maybe I like the movie because of my interest in pyramids, but I would actually recommend this movie to Jones fans.

Ska

the hammer42

I actualy did not like the movie.
Everyone was talking about this movie for so long.
This would be the best movie to come out this year.
I think I expected to much of it.
The story is thin.
Not enough aliens or predators.
Not enough action.

What i did like is Wayland.
Good idea to bring him into the movie.
Now we know why the androids look the way they do in the alien movies.

kongisking

Holy Crappers! That was very cool! Thanks for the link.

I saw the trailer, which looked kick-ass. I am a big Predator fan, and this clip that you have found is getting me very excited! And it was actually SCARY, for God's sake! That poor kid's dad...:eek: :eek: :eek: :dead: :sick:

Sure, the pace was rather fast, thus I barely had time to concentrate on what I was looking at cause it all went by so fast. But It'll definitely wake up the naysayers in the theater.

Looks very cool! Can't wait! :cool:

Michael24

I'll check it out. I'm looking forward to this one. I'm hoping it's half as entertaining as the first one was. From what I've seen so far, it looks like they're adding tons of blood and gore just for the sack of it rather than anything else. Hopefully it will turn out okay in the end.

I've already listened to parts of the score, and composer Brian Tyler has expertly blended elements of James Horner's ALIENS and Alan Silvestri's PREDATOR scores into his own music.

EDIT: Just checked it out. Looks like they take some liberties with how the previous film ends in order to set this one up, which kinda irks me, but oh well. Seems promising, though don't get your hopes up about the kid. I had already read that the producer and director(s) had vetoed the idea of showing one of the aliens birth out of a kid, so that's likely the last we see of him.

Last edited:

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
The Alien v Predator comics are almost 30 years old. I finally saw the film and it was... pretty good. Unlike Paul Thomas Anderson, Paul W. S. Anderson keeps things moving. The actors are cutouts to be knocked down, and as expected the multi million dollar set is the star, featuring Egyptian, Cambodian, and Aztec hieroglyphs. They really sell the concept of a buried temple in Antarctica.