Bates introduces an Indy hat.

JibranK

Thought this might be of interest to fellow collectors and fans.

Bates Hats, about two blocks away from HJ and one from Lock (where Harrison Ford apparently bought the Chelsea hat) has just started selling a hat they call the Indi. Now, given that Bates, though a wonderful shop, doesn't have a connection to the films, I had sort of dismissed it as a marketing thing.

However, this blog, which is about that very hat, reveals that the designers/bashers are former colleagues of Mr Swales at HJ who have since moved over to Bates.

This might merit investigation. I'll be at Bates soon (though for a different hat) but I'm far from an expert on the Raiders hat. Perhaps some London-based or London-visiting members might want to take a look?

indywannabbe

Walked past only never went in

Yes i always wondered why Bates are never reccommended as a company to buy a potential Indy hat?

I assume not all companies have a connection with the film but are still reccommended if they sell decent hats though.

I walked past the shop and saw a poet fedora and it looks like a nice shop and a nice place to buy fedoras, but a little pricey it is Jermyn street afterall. But i think Bates is about the only hat shop on that street now, as far as i could tell.