Which Indy Guide is worth buying?

B_Andino

I bought the Ultimate Guide about two weeks ago for about $7 and I've been having a blast looking through it. Seeing the layouts made me become a kid again studying where the locations were and the details of those locations.

Got to love truth in advertising, The Ultimate Guide is exactly like Barranca and Sapito (yeah, yeah Sapito...would expect the Guide to spell it so).

They don't exacly know where they're going, but point you in the right direction. They have "part" of the map, but in the end they just want to take your money.

Still you should get it, like Indy even fake artifacts like the Crystal Skull are of interest, (if only to illustrate the dangers of Archaeology).

Just don't place your trust to deeply in it's pages or you'll likely be on the runs from the natives here...:hat:

Montana Smith

Rocket Surgeon said:
Got to love truth in advertising, The Ultimate Guide is exactly like Barranca and Sapito (yeah, yeah Sapito...would expect the Guide to spell it so).

Yeah, any book that claims to be "Ultimate" is really just cashing in. Nothing is ever 'ultimate' or 'definitive'.

I jus' like lookin' at all 'em perty pitchers!

Crack that whip

If you're just looking for a source of information about the Indy universe and don't want to spend a lot of money (I assume this is the case, since you said you wanted to buy just one book), you should also take a look at the Indiana Jones wiki. It won't go on your bookshelf and look great there the way these other books will, but it'll probably provide at least as good and as comprehensive a source of Indy info as any of them, and unlike those books it actually gets better with time.

But that said... why limit yourself to just one book?
:D

If you can ONLY have one:
Montana Smith said:
...you have to add The Complete Making of Indiana Jones by Bouzereau & Rinzler to your library. :hat:

There is simply no better book out there.

The others are fun and full of nice purdy pics, however...

Crack that whip

Quite so, quite so... though it does hinge upon whether one wants "real-world" information about the genesis of the character, how the movies were made, etc. For that purpose, The Complete Making of Indiana Jones is probably the single most essential volume in an Indy fan's library (even if it's not so "complete" as to include much in the way of stuff on the TV show, for example, or the reception of the fourth movie).

For "in-universe" information like character biographies and so on, though, it's an open question...