Votes: 4 10.5%
  • Man of Steel

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Batman v Superman

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
ClintonHammond said:
"I said that Superman III was my favourite, I didn't say it was the best FILM."

And THAT difference is part of what I'm on about!

That difference is also what I'm talking about. I find it enjoyable, personally, so to me it is a great film. To me it's more entertaining than it's predecessors. To me. To me. If it makes you feel good, it's a great film. It may not be as well structured/technologically inferior but it is still a great film.

I prefer, in this text only world, fraught with the perils of misunderstanding, more precise discourse...

"so to me it is a great film"
HA! I'd NEVER call anything GREAT just because -I- liked it! LOL

That question makes NO sense at all....

If I like something, I like it... but I'd NEVER dare classify it as something "Good, just because -I- liked it....

I have a BUCKET of fun every time I watch "Killer Clowns From Outerspace" (Just to pick one example), but I'd NEVER have the arrogance to dare say it was a GOOD film....

It's crap.... but I enjoy it!

Last edited:
I agree. The Amazing Collossal Man is a favourite of mine. Not a good film at all, technically, yet, I would still think of it as a great film because I enjoy it. If something is pleasurable I would consider it GOOD. To say that something you enjoy is crap is rather silly.

It's not silly.... It's acknowledging the fact that there's a difference between, as I've stated over and over and over... "Like&Dislike" and "Good&Bad"

Do you know the difference between "objective" and "subjective"?

Maybe you aughta start there....

ClintonHammond said:
It's not silly.... It's acknowledging the fact that there's a difference between, as I've stated over and over and over... "Like&Dislike" and "Good&Bad"

Do you know the difference between "objective" and "subjective"?

Maybe you aughta start there....

Clinton, once again you steer the subject matter deep into irrelevent territory. I love Superman III. It's a great film. Subjectively speaking.

Subjectively there's no such thing as great....

The quality of your thoughts can only ever be equal to your ability to express those thoughts in language to your fellow human beings....

Language, and the way we employ it, is NEVER irrelevant. An "Actor" aughta know that...

kongisking

ClintonHammond said:
"It's a real shame that so many hate Returns"
Why is it a shame? How does their loss, their failure to find enjoyment in something impact your ability to enjoy it? You don't like King Kong any less just because I think it's a steaming pile of skite do you?!?! I should hope to hell not!!

Because Returns deserves a lot more respect than what it's being given. That movie was a work of love by Bryan Singer, a big fan of the terrific first flick, and I find it rather sad that so many have skipped the point of the new movie: TO EVOKE THE SAME SENSE OF FUN AND INTERESTING STORYTELLING AS THE ORIGINAL DID!!!

I'm sorry, but I'm just one of those guys who cannot stand listening to folks bash IMO good movies without trying to defend the poor flick. :eek:

As I said above, you have once again turned the topic of conversation into a witchhunt against fellow members. What have my acting skills got to do with Superman films? Do you have Attention Deficit Disorder?

It's not a witchhunt... it's being critical of YOUR use of language.

"I'm sorry, but I'm just one of those guys..."
No need to be sorry.... It's your rope to p!ss up if you want to....

Eric Solo

ClintonHammond said:
I'm afraid that your personal foibles that appear to lean you toward a "Victorian" style of child rearing are of no consequence to me... Adults can't read and enjoy comic books? Children can't read and enjoy graphic novels? Wow... What a limited world view you seem to have. It seems to me, that such an outlook could only lead one to miss out on a whole lot of enjoyment.... Your loss....

So you would have no problem taking a small child to see Sin City? Interesting.

I never said an adult couldn't read or enjoy a comic book. Where did you get that? I enjoy them an I'm an adult.

It would depend on the child.... I've known some very young kids who woulda DUG seeing Sin City on the big screen...

I've also known some adults who couldn't 'take' it even on a 13" portable TV....

sunshinestate1992

ClintonHammond said:
It would depend on the child.... I've known some very young kids who woulda DUG seeing Sin City on the big screen...

I've also known some adults who couldn't 'take' it even on a 13" portable TV....
sounds like a lie .

whom?

metalinvader

Some kids are more mature than others.I was 12 when I first saw A Clockwork Orange and you don't see me going around raping people.

When you learn to communicate like you're possessed of more brains than the last thing I picked out of my nose, maybe I'll answer your question, salussolia....

nezobiwan

ClintonHammond said:
When you learn to communicate like you're possessed of more brains than the last thing I picked out of my nose, maybe I'll answer your question, salussolia....

Haha, you pick your nose.

:p :rolleyes:

TennesseBuck

Michael24 said:
Superman Returns. Was the first Superman movie I actually liked.

I'll take SUPERMAN IV over RETURNS anyday. Neither one is a particularly good film. SUPERMAN II is still the best.