Go Back   The Raven > Off Topic > Open Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 12-20-2016, 03:44 PM   #551
TheFedora
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyBuff
The more I play it the more I like it. Even moderate difficulty is pretty punishing by the time you reach waves 40 and 50 but it's satisfying to team up and overcome it.

If anyone's interested in teaming up let me know and we'll find a time to play.

Yeah I would be interested! Private message me your PSN id!

But yeah, I was very glad when I finally got to (I forgot what level) and my starting health boosted up. Only thing I hate is when you get killed and the team mates start running off who knows where on the other side of the map.
TheFedora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2016, 03:28 PM   #552
IndyBuff
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFedora
Yeah I would be interested! Private message me your PSN id!

But yeah, I was very glad when I finally got to (I forgot what level) and my starting health boosted up. Only thing I hate is when you get killed and the team mates start running off who knows where on the other side of the map.

Boosting up feels good and really helps when you get to the harder difficulties. If you or anyone else wants to add me my PSN is U2_Vertigo40.
IndyBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2016, 11:16 PM   #553
TheFedora
IndyFan

Quote:
Boosting up feels good and really helps when you get to the harder difficulties. If you or anyone else wants to add me my PSN is U2_Vertigo40.

Mine is 'SickleClaw' if anyone wants to add me. I'll add you soon.

Also I found that I could put boosters on, and that really helped. For instance making my health a bit more, or taking one less punch to melee someone (helps a LOT in Siege battles).
Old 12-28-2016, 09:37 AM   #554
IndyBuff
IndyFan

Quote:
Mine is 'SickleClaw' if anyone wants to add me. I'll add you soon.

Also I found that I could put boosters on, and that really helped. For instance making my health a bit more, or taking one less punch to melee someone (helps a LOT in Siege battles).

Yeah, the boosters are definitely a big part of a successful run. Once you find a combination that works for you and you get on a good team it can be really fun. I stayed up late playing with a group that was phenomenal and we managed to plow through Stages 2-10 on Hard in about 90 minutes. Unfortunately we missed a three-star ranking on 9 and 10 by just a few minutes.
Old 12-28-2016, 11:58 PM   #555
TheFedora
IndyFan

Quote:
Yeah, the boosters are definitely a big part of a successful run. Once you find a combination that works for you and you get on a good team it can be really fun. I stayed up late playing with a group that was phenomenal and we managed to plow through Stages 2-10 on Hard in about 90 minutes. Unfortunately we missed a three-star ranking on 9 and 10 by just a few minutes.
yeah I know what you mean. Sometimes the team...just isn't there. I was fighting a warlord and three guys on the team, and we kept dying with him at the halfway mark. I haven't got anywhere near the three stars yet but I'm going to keep practicing.
Old 01-01-2017, 10:49 AM   #556
IndyBuff
IndyFan

Quote:
yeah I know what you mean. Sometimes the team...just isn't there. I was fighting a warlord and three guys on the team, and we kept dying with him at the halfway mark. I haven't got anywhere near the three stars yet but I'm going to keep practicing.

That's one reason why I'm hoping to play with people I know or at least are dedicated. The teams are so random and it's frustrating to play for two hours and go through one bad team after another. So many people just seem to run around aimlessly with no clue what to do.
Old 01-04-2017, 01:17 AM   #557
TheFedora
IndyFan

Quote:
That's one reason why I'm hoping to play with people I know or at least are dedicated. The teams are so random and it's frustrating to play for two hours and go through one bad team after another. So many people just seem to run around aimlessly with no clue what to do.
I strongly dislike leaving any team...however sometimes they give me no choice. Such as when the team completely and utterly fails to follow directions. As when its siege mode, the team thinks its survival mode and runs all over the map. And when its treasure hunt, the team thinks its siege mode and I'm forced to die over and over again as the team gets frustrated trying to hold one place and wondering why the horde isn't thinning out.
Old 01-05-2017, 08:51 AM   #558
IndyBuff
IndyFan

Quote:
I strongly dislike leaving any team...however sometimes they give me no choice. Such as when the team completely and utterly fails to follow directions. As when its siege mode, the team thinks its survival mode and runs all over the map. And when its treasure hunt, the team thinks its siege mode and I'm forced to die over and over again as the team gets frustrated trying to hold one place and wondering why the horde isn't thinning out.

I totally get that. It's one thing if they're relatively new but after a while it's baffling how some of them still seem completely clueless.

That's one thing I enjoy about playing on Hard. It tends to weed out the weaker players pretty quickly because there's not much room for error. It's tough but once you know what to do a good team can blast through it pretty quickly.
Old 03-08-2017, 03:15 AM   #559
Le Saboteur
IndyFan

Game Informer has released their April cover featuring Uncharted: The Lost Legacy! And aside from Chloe's face it's a pretty good cover.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game Informer
For nearly a decade now, we’ve experienced high stakes, adrenaline-fueled adventures from Nathan Drake’s perspective. With his story wrapped up, Naughty Dog is focusing on a fresh thief in a new standalone expansion out this year: Uncharted: The Lost Legacy. Stepping out of the shadows and into her own adventure is fan-favorite Chloe Frazer. The Lost Legacy delves into Chloe’s backstory and heritage, sending her to the mountains of India, all in the name of the highly valuable Tusk of Ganesh. The treasure could give her the fame and recognition she’s been seeking.

However, Chloe can’t do it alone. She must make an unlikely alliance with Nadine Ross, the Drake brothers’ adversary from Uncharted 4. Chloe and Nadine are both independent self-preservationists, making their coalition challenging. Can the two put their differences aside long enough to come out on top? Together they scale statues, visit temples, drive through gunfire, and get up close and personal with a dangerous villain also after their mark.

The Lost Legacy hub can be found over here for those interested. Another update will follow later today (the 8th), and then continue throughout the month culminating, I imagine, in a release date. Or if we're really lucky, the game will come out at the end of the month!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGN
"This is the single largest level we've ever done in Uncharted," designer James Cooper said to Game Informer of the Western Ghats, one of the two locations GI demoed, noting that it's larger than Uncharted 4's Madagascar level.

Chloe will record findings about the environments she and Nadine explore on her phone, as she was seen using in the game's reveal at PSX. The jeep Chloe drove in GI's demo also featured a winch, as did vehicles in Uncharted 4, and the development team is taking feedback from the last game, including more puzzles but less crates to help companion characters navigate the world.

The Lost Legacy will also introduce a lockpicking minigame, while Game Director Kurt Margenau told GI that The Lost Legacy has the most side content for players to discover, including more collectibles, battle encounters, and special dialogue scenarios.]

IGN has more information over here too.

There's a lot to 'unpack' here, but I don't think I'm in the mood for another "grounded" and "more personal" adventure. I'd be more than happy for Naughty Dog to step very far away from Uncharted.
Le Saboteur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 03:08 PM   #560
IndyBuff
IndyFan

I hope The Lost Legacy ends up being good. I loved U4's single player but eventually grew bored with the multiplayer, which has become nothing more than a pay-to-win fest of microtransactions and glitches.
Old 04-22-2017, 04:11 AM   #561
Le Saboteur
IndyFan

Quote:
I hope The Lost Legacy ends up being good. I loved U4's single player but eventually grew bored with the multiplayer, which has become nothing more than a pay-to-win fest of microtransactions and glitches.

Well, the new clip they released certainly looks good. Not that I think that was every going to be a concern; the team has definitely earned a reputation for graphical fidelity.

I'm not really keen on hanging around with the non-character that is Nadine Ross, but I am excited about playing Chloe. Even if she is overtly ethnicized (because it makes the story 'palatable' for delicate flowers). Plus, the Western Ghats of Southern India is a fantastic environment to muck around in.

The game's principal antagonist certainly looks familiar.
Somebody has been watching Detective Byomkesh Bokshy!

Old 04-22-2017, 03:27 PM   #562
Kai Hagen
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Saboteur
Game Informer has released their April cover featuring Uncharted: The Lost Legacy! And aside from Chloe's face it's a pretty good cover.

She looks like the Prometheus Engineer in that cover.
Kai Hagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 09:17 AM   #563
IndyBuff
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kai Hagen
She looks like the Prometheus Engineer in that cover.

She kind of does! That drawing is terrible but the game appears to be shaping up nicely.
Old 06-13-2017, 02:36 AM   #564
Le Saboteur
IndyFan

Le roi est mort, vive la reine!

Has the release date not been mentioned here yet? No? Doesn't look like it...

So, get those pre-orders in if you haven't already! August 22nd will be here before you know it!

Dig the latest (and final?) trailer for Uncharted: The Lost Legacy!

Get hype!

As previously mentioned, I am not a fan of A Thief's End (even if I am largely positive on the game), but that was a good trailer! It's hitting all the right notes, and I'm definitely looking forward to the final(?) game in the series.

* - I suspect that we will a.) get interstitial titles from Naughty Dog in between other projects or b.) the license will be farmed out to a whole new studio; there's no way Sony says goodbye to Drake & Co.

** - Nadine doesn't seem like a total waste of space based on this trailer. She's still a terrible character until proven otherwise.

*n.b. - Chloe & Nadine are hunting for something called The Tusk of Ganesh and they took out the supernatural enemies.
Old 06-13-2017, 12:57 PM   #565
TheFedora
IndyFan

Yeah it does look like they stepped away from the supernatural yet again for this adventure. Although Im excited, and I imagine we will probably be controlling Chloe for much of the game, with Nadine being in a role similar to Sam in U4 or Sully. And yeah I do think we will get in between games...I could see the next game being about Sam and Sully for instance.
Old 06-14-2017, 01:47 AM   #566
Le Saboteur
IndyFan

Quote:
Madagascar has savanna, but those look like cape buffalo. I thought that they could be Watusi cattle, but the massive horns appear to be missing.

No, those are zebu. They were imported from India...a long time ago. You can buy one for ~one million ariary or about three hundred bucks.

Games journalism remains terrible, but Gamespot has an interview with the two leads on The Lost Legacy:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun & Kurt
As you can see, we’ve had a chance to take the best of Uncharted—the set pieces, the puzzles, cinematic storytelling, and exotic locales—and tell a completely new story with Chloe Frazer at the helm. She’s on the hunt for the legendary golden Tusk of Ganesh forged by the ancient Hoysala Empire, and to find it, she enlists the help of Nadine Ross. However, if there’s anything we know about Chloe and Nadine, it’s that they both keep things close to the vest. Over the course of the story, we’ll explore Chloe and Nadine’s struggle to trust one another.

But they aren’t the only ones searching for the Tusk. The story trailer also introduces our new antagonist: Asav. He’s a calm, calculating, and ruthless warmonger that is waging a civil war in the region. To keep it from falling into Asav’s hands, Chloe and Nadine will travel from war-torn city streets to the depths of India’s Western Ghats mountain range and the ruins of the Hoysala Empire.

Alongside the story trailer, we’re also debuting our new extended gameplay demo at E3. If you’re visiting the show, be sure to come see us at the PlayStation booth and be among the first in the world to see it. If you’re following along from home, don’t worry–we’ve got you covered. Keep an eye out later this week for details on when you can see the E3 demo.

In the meantime, be sure to follow us on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram for more updates from E3.

Shaun Escayg, Creative Director

Kurt Margenau, Game Director

Full blog post here.

A demo? Certainly sounds like it! I might try it out, but I kinda want to go in blind. They already have my money.
Old 06-14-2017, 08:18 AM   #567
IndyBuff
IndyFan

I still wish they'd go with someone other than Nadine. She was a largely forgettable character and for some reason they keep trying to bring her back. I would much prefer Cutter or even someone like Rika Raja as Chloe's sidekick.

Aside from that the game looks pretty sweet.
Old 06-16-2017, 03:30 AM   #568
Le Saboteur
IndyFan

Quote:
...even someone like Rika Raja as Chloe's sidekick.

We barely had the chance to know Rika Raja. I always wanted to see an adventure set before Drake's Fortune that filled out Drake's history with Eddy, and you could have easily slip Rika into that tale. Unfortunately,that doesn't look like that's ever going to happen.

Victor Sullivan needs to make an appearance.

Random Black Guy & Girl With Bad Hairdo chat up the leads on The Lost Legacy. Aside from some horrible apologia, there is a decent amount of gameplay footage!

Quote:
And yeah I do think we will get in between games...I could see the next game being about Sam and Sully for instance.

The more I think about it the more I want Naughty Dog to step away from the series entirely. Let somebody else take up the mantle.

Quote:
A demo? Certainly sounds like it! I might try it out, but I kinda want to go in blind. They already have my money.

Actually, after rereading that statement I think he's merely referring to the floor demo; they'll upload a playthrough to YouTube.
Old 06-16-2017, 08:47 AM   #569
IndyBuff
IndyFan

The gameplay looks pretty solid, basically just a re-skin of Uncharted 4, which isn't a bad thing at all.
Old 06-21-2017, 02:58 AM   #570
Le Saboteur
IndyFan

Quote:
The gameplay looks pretty solid, basically just a re-skin of Uncharted 4, which isn't a bad thing at all.

It's so much more than a reskin, though. It's basically the next full fledged entry in the series; that's how much its evolved since conception. There are definitely elements from A Thief's End at play, but calling it a reskin is undeserved.

The floor demo footage from E3 has been uploaded by Sony! Check it out if you want; there's no real spoilers. You do get a roving gun battle, a little bit of interaction between Chloe & Nadine, and Asav shows up at the very end for a few seconds. It quickly cuts to black after that.

The gunplay looks great, and I hope The Lost Legacy treats it as more than an afterthought.

Still playing multiplayer? Naughty Dog has a surprise for you!

Old 06-21-2017, 08:55 AM   #571
IndyBuff
IndyFan

Quote:
It's so much more than a reskin, though. It's basically the next full fledged entry in the series; that's how much its evolved since conception. There are definitely elements from A Thief's End at play, but calling it a reskin is undeserved.

It still looks very similar to Uncharted 4, which isn't a bad thing, as I said. Each game has built off the last one and this one appears to be following that trend, which I'm fine with. The story and characters are certainly different but it looks like Uncharted 4 in terms of gameplay and mechanics. That's a good thing in my book.

As for the new DLC, it's dumb. Classic Mode should have been added months ago and I'm tired of vanity items. Why they can't give us new maps or co-op adventure is beyond me.
Old 06-22-2017, 03:25 AM   #572
Le Saboteur
IndyFan

Quote:
The more I think about it the more I want Naughty Dog to step away from the series entirely. Let somebody else take up the mantle.

And now Uncharted probably isn't 'done'. If the latest interview with Shaun Escayg is any indication, we're probably going to get a few more of these interstitial titles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun Escayg
I wouldn't say it's the end. This thieving world is huge. There's so many characters. Even before we settled on this particular story we were exploring Sullivan, we were exploring Cutter, and pairing each other up, thinking what would be right, what would have conflict, growth, something new, something fresh. And Chloe was the one that kept jumping out.

But to say the Uncharted world is done... I doubt that highly.

Despite continuing to insist that Nadine is a 'fan favorite', the rest of the article is worth a read. It's fairly short, though. Won't take up too much of your time.
Old 06-29-2017, 01:54 AM   #573
Le Saboteur
IndyFan

I meant to post this a few days ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty Sliva
In just 10 short minutes, Uncharted: The Lost Legacy impressed the absolute hell out of me. From the small character moments between Nadine and Chloe to the break-neck speed at which the demo delivered a huge variety of challenges, The Lost Legacy immediately cemented itself as an absolutely fitting and proper entry into Naughty Dog’s incredible series.

Full article: E3 2017: Uncharted: The Lost Legacy is an Uncharted Game for Me

Despite the clunky headline, the article is worth reading. It's good to see that the gaming press are also seeing that this is a true, worthy entry into the Uncharted series.

Nadine is still trash.
Old 07-06-2017, 09:41 PM   #574
Lambonius
IndyFan

I picked up Uncharted 4 on the Playstation store a few weeks back marked down for $19.99, and was amazed at how much I enjoyed it. I have always been pretty lukewarm on the series--I have the collection which came with my PS4 and have never really been grabbed by the gameplay, particularly the combat. Uncharted 1 feels borderline unplayable to me these days, because the combat is just never-ending, and the story is weak compared to the later entries. 2 and 3 fair better, but are still overly combat heavy, in my opinion.

But wow, Uncharted 4, for someone who really disliked all the gunplay of the previous series, just felt like such a refreshing change of pace. Viable stealth makes such a huge difference. It's the only game in the series that made me immediately want to replay it on a harder difficulty, rather than making me want to turn the difficulty down to the easiest possible setting halfway through just to get through the tedious combat.

I also really liked that they got rid of the supernatural elements in Uncharted 4; the story felt a lot more grounded and believable (aside from some really implausible architecture and 17th century machinery.) I found myself really sucked into it, and ended up spending some time reading up on the real life Henry Avery (and his legend) after the fact. Can't remember the last time a video game compelled me to actually do some (light) historical research.

It's real gem, and a fantastic pickup for 20 bucks.
Lambonius is offline   Reply With Quote