Indy's Greatest Team-Ups That Never Happened...

Montana Smith

Down the side of the page on that blog is a list of 'Labels' which defines seven instances of Indiana Jones.

So here's the seventh:

And that's it unless anyone knows of any other fantasy Indy team-ups.

Pale Horse

Staff member
Montana Smith said:

And that's it unless anyone knows of any other fantasy Indy team-ups.

I could have sworn that lower left picture was Kurt Russel as Jake 'the Snake' Plisskin. Wouldn't that have been fun?!

Montana Smith

Pale Horse said:
I could have sworn that lower left picture was Kurt Russel as Jake 'the Snake' Plisskin. Wouldn't that have been fun?!

Good 'eye' Mr. Horse!

snake_plissken_and_nick_fury_by_brandtk-d5hl8kr.jpg

And yes, I can imagine a 1980s Ford/Russell Indy/Snake cross-over movie. (y)

They both had a thing for brown leather jackets:

snakeplissken_400927.jpg

They both put down big bald men with moustaches:

snake-plissken-escape-from-new-york.png

Similar in character and they both ended up with eye patches.

Would have been a hell of a team-up!

Lance Quazar

I dunno, these are a bit weak. The photoshopping is very mediocre and the gross mismatch of styles on a single cover is extremely jarring.

Montana Smith

Lance Quazar said:
I dunno, these are a bit weak. The photoshopping is very mediocre and the gross mismatch of styles on a single cover is extremely jarring.

More about the idea than the actual execution. Seems like each image is grabbed from an actual existing comic rather than drawn specifically to match.

The worst offenders are The Rocketeer and Hercules. In the latter Indy's foot doesn't fit on the step!

Thought there would have been more of these, but out of what looks like a couple of thousand, there were only those seven featuring Indy.

Stoo

Montana Smiff said:
Indy's Greatest Team-Ups That Never Happened...
Thank G_d none of these stupid ideas ever happened. Each one of them is 100% pure wank! :sick:(n):sick:(n)

Lance Quazar

Stoo said:
Thank G_d none of these stupid ideas ever happened. Each one of them is 100% pure wank! :sick:(n):sick:(n)

I kind of hate them, too. No insight, no cleverness, no commentary, no point.

And the artwork/compositing is pure amateur hour.

You'd think they'd at least make a token effort to match styles, but nope!

Stoo

Lance Quazar said:
No insight, no cleverness, no commentary, no point.
Exactly! I'm not a comic book expert but since when has Captain Frisbee, The Big Green Moron and Indiana Jones been part of DC comics?:confused: Dumb in every sense.

dire51

All I can show is the title graphic of a crossover story I worked on for a bit but never finished about a decade ago, and a snippet from a scene I wrote.

bookofthedead_t3m.PNG

Indy extended his left hand. "My name is Indiana Jones."

The man warily reached up and grasped Indy's hand.

"Just call me Ash."