Continue with the series?

How much 'till we're done?

• NOOOO! After KOTCS, I AM done!

Votes: 10 8.3%
  • Indy 5, But no more after that.

Votes: 45 37.2%
  • 2nd Trilogy Baby! Bring it ON!

Votes: 61 50.4%
  • Huh? Where are my pants? What year is this?

Votes: 5 4.1%

• Total voters

Montana Smith

I'd like to say second trilogy - but without Harrison it might not seem like an Indy series at all. There are already a lot of Indy-style movies, and one with a new actor might be just another 'Indy-style' movie.

I'm of the opinion that Harrison is an inseparable part of the adult character. It's going to take a mighty fine actor to take the role by the scruff of the neck and convince me otherwise.

Indy's brother

Montana Smith said:
I'd like to say second trilogy - but without Harrison it might not seem like an Indy series at all. There are already a lot of Indy-style movies, and one with a new actor might be just another 'Indy-style' movie.

I'm of the opinion that Harrison is an inseparable part of the adult character. It's going to take a mighty fine actor to take the role by the scruff of the neck and convince me otherwise.

Soooo.....you're saying that you want a second trilogy, but you don't think Harrison could pull it off? Nobody said anything about replacing him in this thread:hat:

Exulted Unicron

I'm on the fence with this. I mean I;d like to see as many Indy films as humanly possible. I'm sure alot of you here would. But the only way it would even be possible logistically is to bring in new actors to replace Ford. A second trilogy would be great, but where would you put it? Would you have Indy 4,5 and 6 set in the present day and have Indy become old and a little grouchy like George Hall? Or would you rather have Lucas/Spielberg do a Star Wars and do a prequel trilogy with a set of younger actors that bridge the gap between Hollywood Follies to Temple?

I know alot of you would love to see a mix of Ford playing Indy and younger actors so we can have stories set in the 20s and 30s...and even a slgihtly older actor come in so we can have some WW2 stories.

As much as I'd love to see a mix of Indy movies ranging from what was supposed to happen in Young Indy but we never saw, to the 16 year gap between Hollywood Follies in 1920 and Temple in 1936, but I get the feeling it won't happen. Infact, I'm being realistic in the fact that I know Indy V is happening, but it may just be the last movie before Ford calls it quits on acting due to his age.

keylan

One option that has been used in the past is just to film to or more of the upcoming movies at the same time. This process cuts down on a great deal of cost (production time, and other things like that) This way you could keep Ford as Indy and just move along the timeline without having to worry too much about his getting too old to continue.

lao che & sons

I say a second trilogy, and then a serious reboot in about 20 years or so from a whole new director, new crew, new studio, completely new(y) (y)

Montana Smith

Indy's brother said:
Soooo.....you're saying that you want a second trilogy, but you don't think Harrison could pull it off? Nobody said anything about replacing him in this thread:hat:

Yes, reading my reply back does make me sound confused! :confused:

I completely forgot that KOTCS was the first installment of a possible second trilogy. I leapt straight to the assumption you were thinking reboot.

I'd really like to see Harrison as Indy in a second trilogy - and as I've written a number of times before, I'd like to see a more creepy, supernatural investigative slant - which would keep the tension and suspense, but enable Harrison to act the hero without having to go all out on the spectacle-grabbing scenes (which KOTCS revelled in). It would be a return more to the style of Raiders, with Indy unhindered by family commitments, journeying off into a dangerous wilderness (preferably with some snow and dark forests). The story could be involved, and cover episodes V and VI.

I really don't want to see Harrison replaced in any future reboots - unless I could be convincedthere's an actor who would really pull it off, without it looking like a pastiche of a pastiche.

indyclone25

i would like to see two more movies but i think that coming up with the macguffins are pretty sparse now .unless they start going into the norse legends or even some more greek , but alot of that was looked at in the books , so it really depends what mr.lucas comes up with.:cool:

Darth Vile

Although I enjoyed KOTCS and considering I'd always welcome a new movie, I personally think Indiana Jones is done now (well with Spielberg and Ford anyway).

JP Jones

I have something to say to the people who want a re-boot of the indy series. Indiana Jones can't be any good without Harrison Ford. It's impossible, look at the Young Indy series, mainly the older versions. I just can't accept anyone else as Indy, but Harrison Ford.

"Harrison Ford IS Indiana Jones",It's been said a lot, but what does that really mean? Well, let's say Indiana Jones is your dad. If you have a step-dad, you know he's your "dad", but it's impossible to really accept him as such. So what people are suggesting when they express their need for a re-boot is that the fans get a step-dad. Indiana Jones is not a character like batman, james bond, superman, or anyone else. He's a person and people can't just be replaced by someone else.:whip:

Indy's brother

JP Jones said:
So what people are suggesting when they express their need for a re-boot is that the fans get a step-dad.

Awesome.:cool:

JP Jones said:
Indiana Jones is not a character like batman, james bond, superman, or anyone else.

True. (y)

JP Jones said:
He's a person and people can't just be replaced by someone else.:whip:

Too far. :(

He is still a fictional character, but on the whole I agree with you. The step-dad bit was pretty great though, brilliant punch-line!

lao che & sons

hmmmmm, well I dissagree with you there JP. I think that Indy is, and has always been based on the story, not neccessarily the character. I think with a kick ass story and a good actor a re boot could easily succeed.

Now you simply can't compare Young Indy with Movie Indy. I like them both very much, but one is very cinematic and action based (well of souls escape, then fight on the flying wing, and then a turck chase:cool:) and the other is story and character development based. Had a young harrison ford gone foward in time just to play young Indiana Jones I don't think it would've made the series a whole lot better than it already was. Young indy developed into the Harrison Ford Indy that we know and love.

So until we see another actor play Indiana Jones in a 1930s, 40s, 50s etc. adventure you can't say that Harrison is the BEST Indy because there are so many different variables that go into the judgement.:whip:

Mickiana

Eventually, they will have to go back in time from the late 30s to the forties and have someone else play Indy, after finishing off a second trilogy with Ford, which at this point is stretching the limits.

JP Jones

OK about the whole "fictional character" thing, I guess it may not fit with everyone here when I say Harrison is completely irreplacable because you guys probably know him as Han Solo or the guy from American Graffiti or something else as well as Indy. Now if you knew someone personally who changed their personality completely all the time, you probably would never associate him with a single one. As for me, I just mesh Harrison and Indy as one person. So mabye my brain is just a tad "different" from others' here so that's why I'm so opposed to a reboot. Could be.

Indy's brother

I think so too, JP, just the way you said it made it sound like you didn't know the difference between an actor and a character in a movie. As someone who is a fan of Indy, but not really a Harrison Ford fan myself, I totally get it. Just ribbing you a bit :whip: I would have little interest, if any, in a reboot.

Make a stunt movie, a creepy, mysterious death defying stunt movie. Leave the CGI to the occult reveal if you must.

One line I thought which said a lot about Crystal Skull were the new insurance standards which put a excessive amount of regulation over whip work, to which Harrison balked and said (for lack of the exact terms) screw them, and did it the old fasioned way.

kongisking

I still think Dennis Quaid looks a hell of a lot like Harrison...and he's not too bad an actor, either, to boot!

Montana Smith

kongisking said:
I still think Dennis Quaid looks a hell of a lot like Harrison...and he's not too bad an actor, either, to boot!

They do look like they were separated at birth.

According to Imdb Quaid was born in 1954, so he has 12 years on Harrison, and with the time it takes to produce an Indy movie (especially when we're hearing nothing from Lucas or Spielberg), we could still be looking at another Indy movie set in the 1950s, or the late 1940s at best.

brainofj21

I would like to see another Indiana Jones film but I would rather George Lucas not write the next film. I would love to see a straight adaptation of Fate of Atlantis with Nathan Fillion as Indiana Jones. He would be the only actor I could ever see stepping into the role of Indiana Jones.

And if you do not know how Nathan Fillion is check out the movie Serenity or the TV series Firefly. He's also currently on the ABC show Castle but check him out in Serenity and see if he wouldn't be perfect for the role.