Go Back   The Raven > The Films > Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
User Name
Password

Old 04-13-2012, 02:06 PM   #26
Ska
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy_Flagg
Mutt carrying the knife around was as pointless as him bringing his motorcycle to Peru. BOTH should have been used-- the motorcycle should have been used in the jungle chase sequence, and yes, Mutt should have used the knife to at LEAST threaten a bad guy (though I like the previous suggestions about him having a coming-of-age experience after stabbing somebody.)

Yes.

Same with having a huge machine with two menacing blades in the front of it and all it does is cut down trees and blow up.
Ska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 03:43 PM   #27
Randy_Flagg
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ska
Yes.

Same with having a huge machine with two menacing blades in the front of it and all it does is cut down trees and blow up.

Good point. I kind of forgot about that tree-cutter, but yeah, it could have made for a good action sequence.

And, sort of related, did Spalko have mind-reading powers or not? If she didn't, the topic shouldn't have ever been introduced. If she did that power, she should have used it.
I'm not one of the people who hates KOTCS, I think it's enjoyable enough, but it had a bad habit of introducing stuff that COULD have been good, and then just not following through with it. It almost feels like it was written by a kid with a short attention span.
Randy_Flagg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 08:55 PM   #28
Lao_Che
IndyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy_Flagg
And, sort of related, did Spalko have mind-reading powers or not? If she didn't, the topic shouldn't have ever been introduced. If she did that power, she should have used it.

The moment she demonstrated her powers on Mac was cut from the film but it was still ambiguous...

I don't think there was no worth in suggesting she was psychic. She could have been incredibly threatening if, say, she thought she was psychic and was also paranoid.

As is, I just think of that bit in Lego Indiana Jones 2 where she shuts her eyes to 'psychically' open the hangar doors and the soldiers do it for her.
Lao_Che is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 05:13 AM   #29
Mickiana
IndyFan

Mutt stabbed as many people as Dr Jones shot (in CS).
Mickiana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 09:28 AM   #30
fenris
IndyFan

Funny how someone mentioned the ninja turtles earlier...

One of the cemetery warriors was in fact a ninja turtle; Ernie Reyes Jr. He was one of the stuntmen inside the suit of one of the turtles. Hehe.

Since someone also mentioned the blowgun killing, how the hell could that work??? The pointy end isn't aimed at the warrior. When Indy blew on it the dart's tail wouldn't have punctured and killed him at all. He could've choked on it probably, but I doubt it would puncture his throat.
fenris is offline   Reply With Quote