I Met Steven Spielberg !!!

Moedred

Administrator
Staff member
A teenage girl looks past the 21-year-old heartthrob to meet the 60-year-old director! Every franchise should have fans like Raveners.

Spielberg is like the coolest kid in the neighborhood, who happens to have best toys.

Indy1986

Hey Elodie....wow
I must admit i am jealous I wanted to meet Spielberg for years since I am also a huge fan!
Congratulations. Your are very very lucky!
If I wouldn't have had my graduation at the same time I would have gone to new Haven as well.
Again Congratulations:whip:

Jawad M

ElodieJones said:
No, I never though of that, I was already VERY, VERY NERVOUS to meet Steven Spielberg himself !!!
But I was nervous if he would accept me to give him that file with my drawings, a letter, pictures, etc...
But he was so happy to have that (y)

Congrats on the well deserve meeting.

I have to say that you beat me out. As a owner of DreamWorksFansite.com, the closest I came was on the set of War of the Worlds in 2005. I was suppose to interview the guy but sometimes things are not meant to be happen.

In your case they were. Congrats again

scifiwolf

ElodieJones said:
I tell him that I was very affraid of E.T. and he say « You were affraid of E.T. ??? »
Then I say « Yeah I made a therapy for that »
And he laught, that was just GREAT !!!
That's so cool you told him about ET! I told him the same thing when I met him! I told him the suspense from Elliot's point of view scared me cause I was only 4 when I first saw it, and that stayed with me up until, like, middle school.

Wow, I always thought I was the only person who was ever scared of ET. Great drawings, too, Elodie!

Bravo Elodie! It's always great to hear these stories. Too many times we hear a negative one and then pass it on that "x" was a jerk. I'm happy to hear of your success and that Mr. Spielberg was all you had hoped for.

-les

dmaster

Dreams

This is truly and amazing event! I'm totally impressed by the total focus and drive to try and go ahead and meet destiny head on by travelling all the way from Europe to the States in order to follow a dream to its ultimate conclusion.

When we believe in something strong enough, and long enough, and even make drawings of it :), things will move us in wonderful ways!

Congratulation on your dream Elodie! :whip:

Now I just need to get that ticket to Skywalker Ranch! :D

Hanselation

Fantastic!

C O N G R AT U L A T I O N !

That's really great ambition with a positive result.
It's really admirable how you made your dream come true!

deckard24

Congrats Elodie! That is so cool, and I saw you on the New Haven Register homepage as well. Not only did you get to meet your idol, but you also made the news! It's too bad Ford wasn't strolling around so you could have gotten a pic with him as well.

ElodieJones

Wow, thanks for all those nice messages !

For the New Haven Register, it's funny, because originally we wanted to make this article for maybe help us to meet Steven Spielberg.
If maybe somebody of his crew or himself would have read it, he could contact us.
We planned the interview on July 2 at 11:00am.
But that morning at 8:00, we met Steven Spielberg :D
So the interview was very different :p

DaFedora

O ... MY ... GOD !!!

It was a while since I checked your posts, Elodie... but now you kinda hit the roof !!! I accidentally came across those photo's in your DeviantArt gallery
(over here for the lot of you: http://elodiejones.deviantart.com/gallery/?offset=24 )

My jaw dropped and I couldn't say a thing for like two minutes straight. That is so incredibly *wow*.

By the way, you must have ruled in so much planning just to get a glimpse of him !!

Right now I shouldn't be envious but... WAY TO GO GIRL !!!

<SIGH> I wish I could show Spielberg my own Master's Paper I'm finishing this month... only Spielberg's autograph (or that of Harrison's) would make my college years complete ! P.s. That master's thesis is ironically about museum acquisitions in my home town LOL. Bet Marcus Brody would love to read that :)

Closest thing I ever came to that was visiting the set of Episode II over in Ksar Hadada (Tunisia) where they were about to shoot the Tatooine scenes... but the sets were still been constructed and no trail of George Lucas around yet...

Noone can take that moment of yours Elodie... treasure it like the biggest Idol you've ever witnessed.
You rock!

ElodieJones

Thanks DaFedora ;)

Thanks for your message
Yeah you're right, nobody can take that moment from me !
That's something which will always stay with me.

Last edited: