My Attempt of Indy

Ayrun

Moderator Emeritus
Indyz Azn Gurl said:
Yeah, I also noticed after that Indy is leaning in.
I got pretty mad...hahaha...then overall I just said...
"Aw screw it all."

lol :D
I know the feeling. ;)

IndyMcFly

Tennessee R said:
I cant see the p on Sparrow, in the upper right. Is it there?

Yeah... it was there - then I erased the name. I have another copy somewhere that says in this really cool pirate font "The Immortal Captain Jack Sparrow." I scanned it and put it into Microsoft PhotoDraw to add text. It was really cool. Don't know where it is now. And now we don't have a scanner. :(

In Christ,
Shane

IndyMcFly

Azn Gurl... I just want to say that I'm sorry for loading your thread onto a truck and almost stealing it from you... lol (I'm half kidding)

In Christ,
Shane

Caitlin

Very nice Indyz Azn Gurl and IndyMcFly! Keep it up!! I am in awe of anyone who can draw... (I can do stick figures pretty good)
So, me having no artistic knowledge,.....what do you guys mean by "soft" ? Like her shading and stuff?

IndyMcFly

Yeah, the shading makes it soft, but also I think the way her edges are makes it soft. For example, when you compare these two drawings:

indydrawing2.jpg

Indy_Drawing_2.jpg

Mine looks almost sketch-like. Very pointy edges, and the shading isn't as spread apart and evenly distributed.

In Christ,
Shane

matthiassatlure

Ayrun said:
Word of advise; next time, try to start drawing the head first. It's a shame if you make such a good drawing (and put a lot of time in it) and at the end he's missing his eyes. ;)

Heh...what's funny. In the picture of Indy that I'm working on, I started with...dun dun dun...the fedora! What a surprise, eh?

Indy's Azn Grl...Your drawing style is a lot like my friend Susie's and I must say, it's wonderful. Quick question: It seems like you draw anime. It that true or am I just a terrible guesser?

Patrick

"What I would really like to see you guys do is a comic strip about Indyfans"

Yeah, and It could include Mr. Fisk talking circles around me

vaxer

Moderator Emeritus
Nice work Azn and IndyMcFly!

Tennessee R said:
By the way,I don't want to turn this thread off-topic, but has anyone ever been to
www.piratesahoy.net?

I used to go there pretty often! I'm even a member of the forum (as vaxer). I loved the game pirates of the caribean (the movie also) and I'm waiting for the remake of sid's Pirates!.

Ayrun said:
Word of advise; next time, try to start drawing the head first. It's a shame if you make such a good drawing (and put a lot of time in it) and at the end he's missing his eyes.

When I draw Indy I ALWAYS start drawing the eyes. I don't continue until they're OK because they're the most important. Then goes the face, then the rest. the fedora is the most fun to draw cause it's easy and it instantly makes the guy you're drawing look like Indy.

Indyeye1.jpg

IndyMcFly

Hey! That's pretty darn good! I really like that! Loving the eyes... excellent. Looks like Harrison, too.

In Christ,
Shane