Old Trilogy Interviews

Attila the Professor

Staff member
Indy's brother said:
It's not completely empty, you can see the crew walking around back there to keep the audience's focus on how riveting this is. Honestly, it's the interviewer's responsibility to get the most out of this.....fail.

Fair enough. Perhaps if I'd watched it all the way through, I would have noticed the local color.

Stoo

Thank you, ROLLERBALL!!!:hat: Short but cool clips! Quite rare to see Connery talking about Indy 3.

Much appreciated!(y)

AndyLGR

Stoo said:
2 more vintage interviews from my collection have been added to YouTube.
Have you put (or have you considered collecting) all your achived Indy interviews in to a fan made dvd compilation?

micsteam

Hey guys, I promised Stoo that when I had a chance to go over my old VHS tapes of interviews I found I have a bunch from 1989 with the release of Last Crusade. Most of the interviews and clips are from Entertainment Tonight with Harrison Ford and Sean Connery with Leeza Gibbons (being a 25 year old taping the video quality is very good !!) and I have a Last Crusade TV commercial plus I have a Premiere Magazine 10 plus minute spot with Ford, Spielberg, and Lucas. Video quality on ET with Ford and Connery and the Premiere Mag spot is excellent !! I made a basic video transfer to DVD but I used the wrong DVD type, I'm buying new discs this weekend to make this transfer, I'll see about uploading to my Youtube account. Let me re-record this stuff in a better DVD format and I'll let you know, none of my equipment can open this !! :confused:

Stoo

AndyLGR said:
Have you put (or have you considered collecting) all your achived Indy interviews in to a fan made dvd compilation?
In 2003, I transferred ALL of my Indy stuff to DVD so I have the clips compiled but the discs don't have fancy menus. Vintage '80s stuff probably totals about only 20-30 minutes worth. One of these days, I'd love to do a better DVD with schanzzy menu graphics & case artwork to share with everyone.

One nugget I still need to dig for is my audio cassette from June 1981 of Gene Siskel & Roger Ebert's "Sneak Previews" bit for "Raiders". That's the earliest Indy recording I made and, even though it's only audio, would be a nice bonus for the collection.
micsteam said:
(being a 25 year old taping the video quality is very good !!)
YES! WONDERFUL NEWS, MICSTEAM!(y) (y) (y) Stuff like this is what makes The Raven worthwhile and you are to be applauded for willing to share. Hats off!:hat:

VHS tape degrades after lots of playback so it's great to hear that your recordings are in good condition. The "Premiere Magazine" segment sounds really interesting as does Connery on "Entertainment Tonight". Talk about rare! Woo-hoo!(y)

You've also reminded me that I have a "Crusade" commercial, as well. It's 30 secs. but it's before opening day ("Starts Wednesday, May 24th.").

Any help you need with burning to disc or uploading to YouTube, feel free to shoot me an e-mail.

micsteam

Well the Premiere Magazine segment was hosted by a much younger (pre NCIS)Mark Harmon and it was about all the Summer 1989 Movies (IJTLC, Batman, Star Trek 5, Leathal Weapon 2, etc.) but I only included the Last Crusade stuff. I'm working on getting some of this stuff up on Youtube but I am also working on a DVD that will work on most players. Stoo let us know how the Tiki trip goes !!:hat:

Stoo

ROLLERBALL said:
Never even heard of the premiere 10 min spot. Have you seen it stoo?
No, I haven't, Rollerball. I know the magazine but don't remember it having a TV program. Like you, I really looking forward to seeing it.:)
micsteam said:
Well the Premiere Magazine segment was hosted by a much younger (pre NCIS)Mark Harmon and it was about all the Summer 1989 Movies (IJTLC, Batman, Star Trek 5, Leathal Weapon 2, etc.) but I only included the Last Crusade stuff. I'm working on getting some of this stuff up on Youtube but I am also working on a DVD that will work on most players. Stoo let us know how the Tiki trip goes !!:hat:
Or a slightly older (post "St. Elsewhere") Mark Harmon?depending on how you look at it.:p Good luck with your efforts, micsteam (and, yes, I'll let you know how the Tiki bar trip goes)!:hat:

micsteam

No not yet, sorry, I am working on uploading the video(s) to my computer and that has been holding things up. As soon as I sort everything out I will post here to update all of you. :hat:

micsteam

Update: Problem, I got the right DVDs but for some reason my computer can't read/recognize the video files I have on my DVD+Rs, it shows the DVDs as blank. I have a Toshiba DVD recorder, could it be that it records in such a way that it can't be recognized on other equipment ?? I bought this thing reman'ed by Toshiba on Ebay but I had a better version earlier that I used to record HD tv shows and specials it also had upscale to 1080i. Help ?? Do I need to get some sort of program or hardware/card to receive video signal from a player and then create a viseo file to upload ?? This is a bigger pain in the ass than I expected. If I can get this to work I can also upload the Japanese making of Last Crusade. :confused:

It might be the dvd+r are dual layer and dvd-r are single layer and your computer only recognizes single layer discs.
Stoo will have the answer me thinks

Stoo

Micsteam, bringing something from VHS to YouTube can sometimes be a big pain in the butt, no doubt about it (especially if it's your 1st time). Expect a large learning curve and a frustrating path of trial & error.:eek: However, I'm willing to help you along the way.;)

Yes, some digital recording equipment can be incompatible with other devices (the fine print in the manuals usually says so) and you will definitely need additional software in order to post the videos to YouTube. However, your initial problem might be as ROLLERBALL mentions - the wrong type of discs.

All of my VHS stuff was transferred to DVD-R discs (*Note below) on the same machine (Sharp) 11 years ago and I've had several problems with newer computers not recognizing certain discs. Sometimes it was necessary to resort to my old, nearly-dead, Sony VAIO laptop to read the discs & then convert them into manageable files.

* Not DVD-R DL because those are "dual layered".

Let's try to work this out in private, micsteam. I have your phone # but lost your e-mail address. If you still have mine, shoot me an e-mail and we can hopefully get your vintage-Indy-video nuggets uploaded!:gun:

AndyLGR

Stoo said:
In 2003, I transferred ALL of my Indy stuff to DVD so I have the clips compiled but the discs don't have fancy menus. Vintage '80s stuff probably totals about only 20-30 minutes worth. One of these days, I'd love to do a better DVD with schanzzy menu graphics & case artwork to share with everyone.
If you need any help in authoring your dvd to give it a nice menu then I don't mind volunteering my services if you need any help.