General Indy 5 Thread - rumors and possibilities

Honestly...will there be another Indy film in the next decade?

• Total voters

TheFedora

Pratt denies it again!

s and Recreation had a critically acclaimed final season. Now, Jurassic World looks to open huge on June 12. And there have been rumors that Steven Spielberg, an exec producer on World, wants Pratt to star in an Indiana Jones reboot.

For EW?s cover story this week, Pratt couldn?t confirm or deny the conversations but was definitely apprehensive about taking on such an iconic role. ?You have to look at it and be like, ?Is this right for me??? says Pratt. ?Is it right for me to do this? And is it perfect? You don?t want to be the guy who f?s that up.?

He does say that it?s kinda cool to even be included in rumors like that. He admits, ?It?s pretty crazy that people hear that and they don?t go ?What?!? That f?ing dude!? What has happened in my life that you can see THAT?!?

IndyForever

There is a very good reason Pratt denies it as Spielberg has nothing to say to him on the subject as surprise surprise cilla he is never ever going to be Indiana Jones if Spielberg/Lucas are involved Ford will play the part again :whip:

Pratt can go back to his GOG franchise 3-5 sequels where he belongs making kiddie comic book garbage :eek: as they cannot see his lack of acting ability, charisma & intelligence :gun:

March 30, 2015
E! ONLINE: Harrison was driving his Tesla and seemed to be in good spirits. He was wearing a hat so there weren't any visible signs of wounds on his head. He was by himself but able to drive his car normally. He arrived at Steven Spielberg's house in the late afternoon and went straight through the gate. He was there for many hours and stayed all through the evening. He went home after 10 p.m.March 30, 2015
E! ONLINE: Harrison was driving his Tesla and seemed to be in good spirits. He was wearing a hat so there weren't any visible signs of wounds on his head. He was by himself but able to drive his car normally. He arrived at Steven Spielberg's house in the late afternoon and went straight through the gate. He was there for many hours and stayed all through the evening. He went home after 10 p.m.

Pay attention...why would Harry drive all that way to see Steven....just for a cup a tea? Or brain storm his next adventure???

He drives many things Pale :):)

Wasn't he court going into brothels these really expensive ones in various disguises.?? The great thing was they had no idea it was him before he met is latest hitch.

Pretty fantastic, they had no idea they where ****ing Indiana Jones.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it would have said if it was the fedora. Probably a cowboy hat knowing him not to be noticed. Be a bit stupid driving to see steve looking like Indiana pretty sure he'd get followed or noticed.? Blend in Harry with the goons.

IndyForever

Túrin Turambar said:
Beat me to it. So shooting starting 2016 Harry will be 74. But still tough like Clint Eastwood just boiled a dead owl.

I knew for certain it was happening all the info on net and that big journey Harry made to see his mate. But please not pratt.
http://i2.wp.com/makingstarwars.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/falcon.png

It will 100% be Harrison ;) search your feeling you know it to be true :whip: you know as well as I do Harrison would not travel a long way to see his buddy Spielberg unless it was to kickstart Indy 5 ito life (hopefully an Indy 6 as well filmed back to back).

If a medicore film like Jurassic World makes $500m one weekend imagine what Star Wars EP7 will make with Harrison starring one last time & imagine Indy 5 & or 6 with Harrison one last time the box office will be staggering....Disney execs know this already I suspect they are just moving Lucas away behind the scenes & getting Spielberg onboard by releasing & or co-funding his next few movies ;)

Yeah just playing coy as usual....he's not going to say yes...."your absolutely correct Mr ford will be wearing the fedora again in 2016 when the filming commences on Indy 5 and 6""

TheFedora

Túrin Turambar said:
Yeah just playing coy as usual....he's not going to say yes...."your absolutely correct Mr ford will be wearing the fedora again in 2016 when the filming commences on Indy 5 and 6""

Movie producers know that if they say anything beyond this vague statement that it will be taken out of context and taken as confirmation.

Finn

Staff member
All we can deduce from the words of Mr. Marshall is that they have absolutely nothing to announce at this time.

Whatever it is they may or may not have at works is whole another thing of course.

Have a pretty big scoop here and I believe could be the opening for Indy 5

The story follows Indiana Jones through two parallel running storylines, in the years 1924 and 1967.

The story introduces a young, somewhat naive Indy and his mentor Abner Ravenwood in 1924. They quickly find themselves in over their heads when they attend a meeting by a secret society in Berlin. There they stumble upon a plot to steal an ancient scepter by a dangerous occult group that has ties with the newly formed Nazi Party young Indy meets a very determined young Nazi leader.

Meanwhile, in 1967, an old Indiana Jones, in the twilight of his career, has discovered a clue while on a university dig in Athens that will lead him to the most sought after archeological find ever, the lost city of Atlantis. Going into a bar alone old Indy sees two familiar old enemies, "they mean business" quick on the draw Indy shoots both in the head with his trusty webley revolver, a big fist fight starts with another bad guy, Indy loosing Stabs the enemy in his eye with a fork that he picks up, with the man screaming in agony...Indy gets away, With the help of his students and a ragtag ship captain named Pluto Nash, Indy sets off on an odyssey aboard the Sea Crow; taking the crew from Greece to Egypt and finally to the Azores Islands. Along the way, Indiana realizes how a mysterious artifact from his past has altered his destiny and also the destiny of those around him."

Duaner

Túrin Turambar said:
Have a pretty big scoop here and I believe could be the opening for Indy 5

That's not a "scoop", that's fan fiction from the Abner's Journal website. There's a whole thread devoted to it. I read that weeks ago. It is a good idea though, but it won't be Indy 5.

Hanselation

In general it's business

Thinking about if I would be the Disney company, I believe they are already preparing the next Indiana Jones movie in a strategic way.

Maybe they don't have even a story but they are already clarifying which way the next chapters (even after Harrison will not be be Indiana Jones) will go on. And I expect we will not get an official announcement about Indiana Jones 5 before Star Wars VII is opened, just because of business strategic reasons.
Indiana Jones is a trademark where Disney will make money with, and the basic of this is:

NEW INDANA JONES MOVIES

It helps the franchise and even the Disney-Parks and that will make the money - so it will happen in the near future.
I'm sure about that! :gun: