Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings

DiscoLad

The Technology Behind Indy 2007

Well, that new Indy game is around the corner, and what with the new movie there's going to be some excitment, But back on topic..:p
The Technology running this game into the future will be Ephoria if you haven't heard (but you probably knew that). Yes, that's the same Tech. running GTA4. This new, as they say,"BioMechanical A.I." will givethe player a new fill for things because every thing's going to be fresh and not animated. In other words... this things going to be run by itself with no animation,. The A.I. has an Endoskeleton and nervous system so that every reaction is new everytime!(y) things like, pushing a guy up against a car will get you a different throw and result every time. What I want to know is that, Are they going to tweak things up or are they going to leave it. Because those physics are wicked, though the gravity seems exagerated. Hopefully they can "whip":whip: things into shape...LOL (sorry, coudn't resist that one.)

The Tingler

The Staff of Aaron (most likely to be called The Staff of Moses) helped cause the Ten Plagues of Egypt and parted the Red Sea. For all intents and purposes, it is a Wizard's Staff powered by God. If I was going to write the game's story, I'd suggest that the Staff has been handed down through the ages and has caused all the major viral outbreaks in history, like the Black Death.

The downside? Unlike Holy Grail or Ark of the Covenant there is no location recorded, nor any hints, about its current whereabouts. And it's just a big stick.

It's been used once before, in Max McCoy's Indiana Jones and the Secret of the Sphinx, but it wasn't even the main MacGuffin!

EDIT: P.S. Yes, sorry, I should really have properly linked to those two sites considering I put them up!

The Tingler

It is going to be a highly-tweaked version. Indy 2007 and The Force Unleashed were supposed to be the games to premiere the Euphoria/NaturalMotion tech, but then they got delayed. And delayed again.

|ZiR|

The Tingler said:

quote: "Also, your group will view the character concept paintings and original models
created for ?Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings?
And for the fun part: how about a quick demo of character animation for Indiana
Jones game, at my workstation and a sneak peek of the current Indiana Jones
character model!"

So... anybody here planning on bidding? I like the sound of 'large concept paintings.'

DiscoLad

Lol, I think that this Indy game's goin' to be good, if they can get those physics up a step. that's all...

Travis85

O downloaded the demo, but it didn't run very well on my PC. I am hoping it is released on xbox live soon :).

The Tingler

Oh, nevermind then. Least I'm up to date, and I've moved from 80-90% sure of the title to 85-95%.

What demo are we talking about?

The Tingler

I've been working hard to keep IndyJones.net up-to-date as the best resource for Indiana Jones gaming, and especially with regard to Staff of Kings/Indy 2008.

The 'Facts & Rumours' page for the game has had an update, and now has a History section! Want to find out all about the next Indy game's mysterious MacGuffin? Go here and scroll down to the History section! Enjoy!

I particularly like this picture. If you want to know why the Staff is so cool, then check this out!

staff3.jpg

Montana_Jones

The Tingler said:
I've been working hard to keep IndyJones.net up-to-date as the best resource for Indiana Jones gaming, and especially with regard to Staff of Kings/Indy 2008.

The 'Facts & Rumours' page for the game has had an update, and now has a History section! Want to find out all about the next Indy game's mysterious MacGuffin? Go here and scroll down to the History section! Enjoy!

I particularly like this picture. If you want to know why the Staff is so cool, then check this out!

staff3.jpg
It appears the Staff could royally **** some **** up.:eek:
In all honesty, I'd prefer the game was minorly in a desert environment and more in a snowy climate. More in the latter part of the year and such.:gun:
As long as the game developers use all the sound effects which are part of the Indiana Jones library, I'm game. Pun literally meant.

The Tingler

I hoping for LucasArts to reveal some stuff at E3. They'd be fools not to, what with Indiana Jones being around again. But then again they're not the best at seeing marketing opportunities like that.

I will be very surprised if the only two environments are San Francisco and Desert. I'd like to see another snowy level too, as the route to Shambala Sanctuary is still one of my favourite parts of Infernal Machine.

The Tingler

Bad news.

Let's hope this doesn't effect the game.

Although I'm not sure how it could possibly not effect the game for the worse. Worst case scenarios - they hire loads of new staff but they've spent the last five years training the last load of staff how to make new games, so Indy gets another year or more added to it. The other possibility is that this new President is the man who got angry that the game wasn't released in 2007 despite needing a lot more work to make it good, and so LucasArts will rush development in order to make the most of the Indy hype still around.

Best case scenario? They hire loads of experienced new staff who actually know how to make a good game, and they release the game when it's ready (breaks out in hysterical laughter, goes mad).

DiscoLad

New Indy Game Suspended?

Indiana Jones 2007 (Working Title) has seemed to be suspended...That's what the guy at Gamestop said when I mentioned it at the counter, But no-ones agrees with me, Does anyone know if it it?..:(

TeamAndino

I think I read somewhere that its been pushed back till 2009, I dont get it. It looked like it was due out in 07 then I heard they were gonna delay it to come out with the new movie but its as if everyone forgot to keep working on it and now its on hold till next year. I just hope all the wait is worth it.

Katarn07

I wouldn't be surprised if it becomes vapoware. It'll be outdated by the time it finally is released. I was really excited to see Euphoria in action as well. I guess I'll have to pick up Force Unleashed....

Michael24

I can't believe they can seemingly crank out Star Wars games like there's no tomorrow, but an Indy game hits all kinds of delays. :(