Free Comic: Temple of Yearning

It's an old joke, maybe even moral to an Aesop fable that's been cheaply turned/adapted into a four page comic. They even harvest an uncharacteristic plot element fromt he Star Wars/Indy crossover...

Stoo

Rocket Surgeon said:
It's an old joke, maybe even moral to an Aesop fable that's been cheaply turned/adapted into a four page comic.
Six pages, actually, if you count 'em. (No need for an abacus.;)) Anyway, I wouldn't rip too hard on this. "Cheaply"? It is a FREE comic for kids and I didn't expect anything more.

Stoo said:
Six pages, actually, if you count 'em. (No need for an abacus.;)) Anyway, I wouldn't rip too hard on this. "Cheaply"? It is a FREE comic for kids and I didn't expect anything more.

That's how memorable it is! I'm not ripping, it's exactly as you characterize it...

I wasn't expecting much, or counting on it :hat: ...being much. Just hoping.

Stoo

BrodyIsDead said:
Well... for me it looks like it belongs to the 1930 year era - ie Indy Adventures Vol I since it's the same art style - anyone know if Vol II is also to be 1930?

:confused:
Thanks to yodazone's post in the thread below, we now know that Vol 2 begins in 1931...so it's a good bet that "Temple of Yearning" fits the 1930/31 timeframe. Good call, BrodyIsDead!(y) (I'm sure DIrishB has already noticed this as well.)

Indy Adventures Vol. 2

Last edited:

DoomTown

"Indiana Jones and the Temple of Yearning" Free Comic

Is there anyone out there that can get me a copy of this or has a spare one??? Would GREATLY appreciate it!!! Thanks Indy Fans!!!! (y)

Howlrunner

Thank you for posting that Moedred.

It's interesting that as much as it appears like a "giant killer clown", it appears to be based on the "Yak" Guardian Statue outside the Royal Temple, Wat Phra Kaew in Bangkok:

5132809068_7f5d09fbf0_z.jpg