Your Favorite Indy Music Themes.

kongisking

Hello, everyone! I'm not sure if this thread has been done before, but I thought it would be fun to talk about our favorite themes in the Indiana Jones films, and what kind of music we would want to appear in No. 4. Here's my opinions:

Favorite Theme Overall: The "Raiders March" (of course)
Favorite Romance Theme: The "Marion/Indy kissing owies" theme
Favorite Villain Theme: Mola Ram's
Favorite Action Scene Theme: Tank Chase
Favorite Opening Sequence Theme: Young Indy in Last Crusade
Favorite Credits Music: Raiders of the Lost Ark credits

There you go! Share yours! (y)

(Be warned, though. This idea is kind of hard, so think carefully and just try to think of the most memorable theme with the best "Humming-for-three-weeks-straight-Factor"

FordFan

I LOVE the music during the truck chase in Raiders. Right as the German in the back curses and climbs uptop and you see the truck rounding that corner from above. The music is just so relentless there.

oki9Sedo

I think the music throughout the whole trilogy is outstanding. They're among the best scores ever written. I couldn't choose a best action scene theme or best romance theme or anything.

Grant Lutjens

I havent seen Raiders yet.
But for some reason i personally really liked the theme played during that Nazi parade in LC (No i am Not a Nazi :p ). Always liked that style of music.
But as oki9Sedo said. ALL the music was outstanding. It sounded sortof like a differant Starwars. (I always liked Starwars theme music. Especially the opening crawl).

Routledge

You're forgetting the all important cave scene music!

Raiders - the Snakes
Temple - the Bugs
Crusade - the Rats

For me, it has to be the bugs, only cos there's another danger present and time is running out for Indy and Shorty - so the music is much more paced and nailbiting!

Grant Lutjens

ummm.Because i saw Last Crusade :D
That one got me without seeing the other 2. ANd Temple Of Doom although not as good as LC was still good enough i am a firm fan...
As for not seeing it.... Our Library some uh...nice person checked it out and hasnt return it,...... its a month overdue so..... Whnever i get enough i am going to buy the DVD set.

Tary

My favorite music is definitely the Grail theme from Last Crusade and the Map Room from Raiders.

1981arkfan

my fav's are...

i have 3 favorites from all 3 films

Raiders-truck chase
temple of doom-mine car chase
the last crusade-escape from venice

No Ticket

... well, I was gonna make a thread on this but, I figured somebody else already did. Thus, a revived dead thread.

It's not exactly a "theme." But my favorite piece of Indy music currently that I CAN'T get out of my head is the music that plays as Indy and Shortround are stuck in the spike room as the ceiling is coming down.

Ya know, the "dum dum da-dum dum dum da-dum... dum dum da-dum dum dum da-dum!!" hahaha.

"Trouble? What kind of TROUBLE!!"

MovieLover152

Heres my favorites:
Raiders March (Everyone loves that!)
Mouse Hunt music during No Ticket scene in Last Crusade
Slave Children's Crusade (Temple of Doom)
Music played during Plane fight (Raiders)
Music played during truck scene (Raiders)
Music played during tank scene (Last Crusade)
Thats really it.(y)
:whip: :confused: :eek: :sick: :dead:

drwynn

Favorite Theme Overall: "The Raiders March" (Indy's Theme)
Favorite Romance Theme: Marion's Theme
Favorite Villain Theme: Nazi Theme from "Last Crusade"
Favorite Action Scene Music: Either the Desert Chase from "Raiders" or the cue titled "Underground Heroics" from the Expanded "Temple of Doom" Score
Favorite Main Titles Music: Probably "Raiders"...
Favorite End Credits Music: "Temple of Doom"...I love the segue into the theme when Indy finally kisses Willie; the key change to C Major (for Indy's theme) is classic Romantic-era-style Williams.

Niteshade007

I love Marion's Theme, it's just such a beautiful piece. Usually I don't listen to a lot of "soundtrack" music, but that is one that I love. Raider's March is of course a close second.

Echo22

Just about every theme in the three movies would be up in my top 25 favorite. But I have to say that the combination of the Grail theme and the Raiders march (especially during the ride off into the sunset) is really sticking out in my mind right now. Simply because I always think of the combination of Connery and Ford. It will be the one thing I'll miss in the new movie. But, the absence makes Last Crusade more unique in the series.

I can't wait to hear what John Williams brings to the fourth installment.
It'll be another classic score. (y)

Darth Vile

I have categorized mine, as it's the only way to do it...;)

1) 'Raiders March' ? Standout track of the trilogy to date. It?s Indy?s theme c?mon.

2) ?Scherzo for Motorcycle and Orchestra? + ?Belly of the Steel Beast? - Best action music. I couldn?t decide between the two.

3) Marion?s theme ? Most beautiful piece.

AHegele

I love the Crusade Grail theme, the father/son theme, the belly of the steal beast music (most adrenaline pumping music ever) and Marion's theme.