new Indy Answer from Hasbro

ChromiumBlue37

No Toht in 2008

However, Hasbro alluded that they will have an announcement, (perhaps at Toy Fair), for a 2009 release.

http://www.jedidefender.com/newspro/fullnews.cgi?newsid1201907506,2432,

quote -

3. And our monthly Indy question - Toht. We've seen the new figures for Indy, Sallah, Belloq, Marion, and the rest of the Raiders gang, but no sign of Toht yet. Can we expect to see the creepy man in black in 2008?

** Not in 2008; we just couldn't fit him in. Hold tight for news on him, and some others, further down the road.

Deckard

ChromiumBlue37 said:
However, Hasbro alluded that they will have an announcement, (perhaps at Toy Fair), for a 2009 release.

http://www.jedidefender.com/newspro/fullnews.cgi?newsid1201907506,2432,

quote -

3. And our monthly Indy question - Toht. We've seen the new figures for Indy, Sallah, Belloq, Marion, and the rest of the Raiders gang, but no sign of Toht yet. Can we expect to see the creepy man in black in 2008?

** Not in 2008; we just couldn't fit him in. Hold tight for news on him, and some others, further down the road.

Nice to finally hear at least something about Toht, which you may have noticed Ive been complaining over for a long time. Also the vintage white suit Belloq and Marion should be re-made. Between adding ToD (which im assuming will come eventualy) to the already growing rumor list we saw, and going back to fill in characters they missed / alternate costumes, Young Indy, and lets not forget video games. I wouldnt mind Fate of Atlantis or Emporer's Tomb stuff. Plus then there are still comics etc, they have room to really go just as crazy as they did w/ Star Wars.

ChromiumBlue37

Funny thing you should mention Young Indy -

http://www.yodasnews.com/

The next Yodasnews Hasbro Q&A:

YN: As you also seem willing to answer questions about your Indiana Jones line, I have a question pertaining to the Indy figures. As there aren't as many characters (as compared to Star Wars) from the films to make in action figure form is there any chance that the "Young Indiana Jones Chronicles" would be fodder for figures? I don't see many figures from the series being made myself but a few suggestions would be: 8 year old Indy in knickers, young Henry Sr., Anna Jones, Helen Seymour, 18 year old Indy in "Mexico adventure" clothing, 18 year old Indy in Belgian army uniform, and his friend Remy. Just curious if we are likely to see such figures.?

H: We are indeed looking at Young Indy, and we do like some of the concepts there. We think, though, that there is a lot of iconic film reference to go before we probably look to it. We are planning IJ for a nice long run, so we are optimistic that someday we will see something related to Young Indy.

metalinvader

Thanks ChromiumBlue37!!

I would love a Remy figure,He is one of my favorite characters from the Young Indy series!

ChromiumBlue37

I am just happy that they again mentioned they are committed to a LONG IJ toy run and they feel that there a lot of on-screen movie possibilities for action figures.

masterJ

I have two questions I would like to ask:

Are you considering making the tank from the Last Crusade?

Will one of the figures in wave 4 (Temple of Doom) be Indy figure with the torn sleeve? Would seem like a logical choice!

ChromiumBlue37

Those are fantastic questions!

Would like to know if Hasbro is considering doing any more mini-playset environments for the deluxe line. The Temple Traps are a good idea. Maybe the Temple of Doom Spike Trap would be next? Every time I look at my Hasbro Star Wars Bantha beast, I see the Indian Elephant with IJ, Short Round and an Indian guide in the window box instead. Anything planned for a "Beast Collection"?

Last edited:

masterJ

Just curious if any questions were asked for the next Q&A session?
We should also ask sometime if battlepacks are in the forseable future? I feel there would be quite a bit of possibilities:
The opening of the Ark: Belloq, toht and dietrich opening the ark and maybe a ghost and indy tied to the pole.
The bridge in TOD: Army builder thugee guards with indy in the middle
Maybe even a mine car pack...

The_Raiders

masterJ said:
Just curious if any questions were asked for the next Q&A session?
We should also ask sometime if battlepacks are in the forseable future? I feel there would be quite a bit of possibilities:
The opening of the Ark: Belloq, toht and dietrich opening the ark and maybe a ghost and indy tied to the pole.
The bridge in TOD: Army builder thugee guards with indy in the middle
Maybe even a mine car pack...

i started a thread before about the concept of battle packs, it's not official just fan-ideas that would be great battle packs. (y)

inky_skin

Ok guys, I submitted the following two questions to Hasbro - should get a reply this Friday...

Q1. We've now had time to digest the Indy toy line previewed in NYC, and...wow ! With two Indiana's in both the Raiders and Crystal Skull waves, can we expect additional variant Indy's in the Temple of Doom and Last Crusade waves ? Perhaps "torn shirt" Indy and "necktie" Indy ? Also, Raiders Indy (leather jacket) has a touch of the Darth Malak "scary eyes" - will this be fixed prior to release ?

Q2. The two small "Indy Trap" dioramas from the Deluxe line have a lot of potential. Will these continue, showing traps from the other movies ?

I tried to combine as many of your points as possible this time round - keep 'em coming for next time....

ChromiumBlue37

Excellent questions. Thank you so much for addressing the problem with Indy's bizaare stare and the potential of more trap sets!

Maybe.Not Today

This is a great thread, thanks for relaying all these questions to Hasbro!

This isn't really a question, but I feel like the most repeated request, at least from all the fans I've spoken with, is for playsets. I know Hasbro has been asked about this ad nauseum already, but I don't think it would hurt to remind them how high the demand is for playsets every opportunity we get.

Also, I would like to know when I'm going to get a Belloq in white suit, and if we'll see any planes in the vehicle line ( Jaques plane, Lao ches plane, or perhaps least likely the plane that indy and Thot board in the begining of raiders)?