Indy 4 TV Spots

-Jones-

Dr.Sartorius said:
I know you used blacked out text but why don't you save the spoilers for the spoiler section?

He asked, I answered. Simple as that, and I used 'spoiler' tag. I hope everyone knows what 'spoiler' tag is :>.

Dr.Sartorius

-Jones- said:
He asked, I answered. Simple as that, and I used 'spoiler' tag. I hope everyone knows what 'spoiler' tag is :>.

I know he asked but that doesn't mean you have to answer. This is the non-spoiler section after all.

Blacked out text is hard not to highlight....:eek:

The Man

Due to the Youtube quality, it almost looks like a canvas painting...

nbh.jpg

Michael24

Since KOTCS is to emulate '50s B-movie, I think it would have been cool if they had actually done old-fashioned rear projection for some of the driving stuff. :)

That shot right above does kind of remind me of that, though.

Dr Jones

I think people may forget it's mostly the homage to action serials that Steven and George were after, so that over-the-top action needs to be in mind when people watch this to truly appreciate it!

But we've come to expect crazy things from Indy and the gang!

My god...5 days to go!!!

(y)

Indy Smith

I had a geeky moment today! Was in a pub and on the big screen TV, a TV Spot for Indy 4 came on. I stopped talking and oogled at it. Even though I couldn't hear it. I don't watch TV adverts normally so it was the first time I had seen it on television as opposed to online. :gun:

No Ticket

That waterfall scene looked pretty bad ass. To anyone who thinks a new scene looks fake with all it's cgi computer trickery... try to imagine how they would've done it in 1989 or 1990 and just be at peace with what you have here.

Don't let the inevitable use of CGI (since it is the primary movie magic tool here in 2008) spoil your experience of a new Indiana Jones. Expect it, expect to see more of it than you thought.

But try to stay focused on the STORY.

loganbush

I saw another one on Spike saying the wait was over or something. It had the regular scenes but a little more waterfall and a shot of them in the temple with a turning floor I think.

eroc

No Ticket said:
That waterfall scene looked pretty bad ass. To anyone who thinks a new scene looks fake with all it's cgi computer trickery... try to imagine how they would've done it in 1989 or 1990 and just be at peace with what you have here.

Don't let the inevitable use of CGI (since it is the primary movie magic tool here in 2008) spoil your experience of a new Indiana Jones. Expect it, expect to see more of it than you thought.

But try to stay focused on the STORY.

I think they only used about 250 CGI shots, compared to the thousands employed by Star Wars or Spiderman That's a very small amount, my friend.:)

GlasgowChivas said:
Part of me cringed when I saw them all going over the waterfall - but then i remembered the life raft from TOD and my faith was restored

I thought the EXACT same thing. There have been some really outlandish elements in these movies before. A waterfall's not a big deal. Thursday can't come sooner!

Michael24

eroc said:
I think they only used about 250 CGI shots, compared to the thousands employed by Star Wars or Spiderman That's a very small amount, my friend.:)

I don't remember the exact quote, but in an interview somewhere Spielberg said the film has only about a couple hundred CGI shots, whereas the average in films is usually around a few thousand.

And I also think, given just how great film can look nowadays, that some people will assume a lot of stuff is CGI just because it looks really good.

Dr Jones

I think so far the CGI touches haven't been awful, they've added to that B-Movie feel in small ways and not taken over the shot or scene they are in.

It'll be a rollercoaster ride, and I'm all for the CGI touches, it's in every movie out there, so I can't expect Indy not to use any aid.

triklops

Dr Jones said:
I think so far the CGI touches haven't been awful, they've added to that B-Movie feel in small ways and not taken over the shot or scene they are in.

It'll be a rollercoaster ride, and I'm all for the CGI touches, it's in every movie out there, so I can't expect Indy not to use any aid.

I think the the Indy look is in parts of the TV-SPots but NOT in those CGI shots. There are some frames where it seems kinda overloaded....But I guess we have to wait til Wednesday to be able to judge that

marky_77

the going over the waterfall looked bad and ott, and i have seen enough cgi already in the trailers to know they have used too much. it won't have the raiders feel, and looks too polished and modern day filming for me.

how good was the truck sequence in raiders. that was real, cgi today would spoil it as film makers have got lazy.

triklops

marky_77 said:
the going over the waterfall looked bad and ott, and i have seen enough cgi already in the trailers to know they have used too much. it won't have the raiders feel, and looks too polished and modern day filming for me.

how good was the truck sequence in raiders. that was real, cgi today would spoil it as film makers have got lazy.

WHat makes me really mad is this nonsense talk about how they were trying to keep it soooo old school