2009 Indiana Jones Lego

Crack that whip

WHEN HUGE DEALER PICS WALKED THE EARTH!!!

Chromium, if you see this while there's still time to edit your post, would you mind linking to less substantially embiggened images? ;)

ChromiumBlue37 said:
Those of you who were around in 2007 when we got images of the first IJ Lego sets, know that these are not the final designs for the mini figs.

Indeed, those are surely just conceptual mock-ups made with minifigs on hand for LEGO's designers. It's odd to see such early versions in a dealer catalog, but probably not completely unreasonable.

I'd expect the final versions to have custom torsos for each of the three protagonists, possibly using the same "prints" used in the videogame. I also don't know that Indy will necessarily have his hat (he wasn't wearing it in this scene, of course), or be so stubbly; the designers probably used the standard Indy head and hat just to help sell the fig as Indy for the pic. I imagine (and hope) he'll have a clean-shaven version of the same Indy face and either the "standard" main male "wig" LEGO's been using since the '70s, or the new minifig wig they came up with for Mutt, which I think actually looks good for his dad, too.

Arab Swordsman

I know that these are preproduction pictures but they look like fakes to me. Why would Lego use a Jock body for Shorty even in a pre-prod picture and have Indy in his suit with a hat? Plus with the Flying wing having a swastika in I'm not buying these sets. I could be wrong but I'm calling Bravo Sierra.

Dr._Jones_Jr.

ChromiumBlue37 said:
Would you rather get this or no more Lego sets entirely?
Well no more than. I'm forking out alot of money for LEGO. I want a bit of a mixed bag. So yeah if I have to pay almost $40 for a TOD car chase then no I wont buy it. Frigin minecart rampage....something. I dont look at it as a blessing that we got a TOD lego. How is that anymore distinctive than the Raiders chase other than the characters?

Tsuyu

Have you ever seen these pictures? It's real but still not finish :)

lego-set-indy-4.jpg

2781281223_93ea182a18.jpg

2782141290_dd7bafe57b.jpg

Last edited:

ChromiumBlue37

Dr._Jones_Jr. said:
Well no more than. I'm forking out alot of money for LEGO. I want a bit of a mixed bag. So yeah if I have to pay almost $40 for a TOD car chase then no I wont buy it. Frigin minecart rampage....something. I dont look at it as a blessing that we got a TOD lego. How is that anymore distinctive than the Raiders chase other than the characters?

How is it more distinctive??

Try the vehicles for one. Not to mention that this is a scene from a movie that so little merchandise has been produced for.

Dr._Jones_Jr.

ChromiumBlue37 said:
How is it more distinctive??

Try the vehicles for one. Not to mention that this is a scene from a movie that so little merchandise has been produced for.

I'm still saying vehicles and nothing else makes for a pretty boring idea. I have alot of the sets. alot of them include a vehicle, but also a nice little building or fort ect ect. Lego could do more with it.

ChromiumBlue37

Even a Temple of Doom track with mine cars would be something more than just another vehicle. The Kali Ma Temple would be awesome.

I have two of every Lego set, even the TRU exclusive plane. The Lego line does seem to be selling very well.

Dr._Jones_Jr.

ChromiumBlue37 said:
Even a Temple of Doom track with mine cars would be something more than just another vehicle. The Kali Ma Temple would be awesome.

I have two of every Lego set, even the TRU exclusive plane. The Lego line does seem to be selling very well.

How long did it take you to put together the Akator Temple? Im in the process of building the Temple Adventure. Jocks plane was fun to put togther but I'm glad I have a building to construct as well. I like fortresses and caves ect ect. Lego always was money for the secret passage as well. Imagine a Kali Ma temple?!

ChromiumBlue37

So far, I have not put them together yet, because we might be moving in a couple of months. One is displayed boxed on my shelves and the other is packed away, so it will remain "case fresh".

Goonie

Dr._Jones_Jr. said:
I'm still saying vehicles and nothing else makes for a pretty boring idea. I have alot of the sets. alot of them include a vehicle, but also a nice little building or fort ect ect. Lego could do more with it.

Here's what I rigged up with the Jungle Duel, River Chase, and Jungle Cutter sets:
43400174Small.jpg

I just had to get the extra green base from TRU, but it makes a good little jungle scene. I got one gripe with the Jungle Cutter thow, you can't fit a Ruskie in the cab, there's not enough clearance. A few bricks should have been included to raise the roof a little.

Dr._Jones_Jr.

Goonie said:
Here's what I rigged up with the Jungle Duel, River Chase, and Jungle Cutter sets:
43400174Small.jpg

I just had to get the extra green base from TRU, but it makes a good little jungle scene. I got one gripe with the Jungle Cutter thow, you can't fit a Ruskie in the cab, there's not enough clearance. A few bricks should have been included to raise the roof a little.

I like this. I actually have a lego table. My father built it for me when I was little. It has 6 of the green tiles together on a nice little table. Good way to have a whole set sit together. Looks cool Goonie.

TREN KROM

YES! This is awesome! I was sad that there wasn't gonna be anymore, but now that I know there is, I'm having freak-out session.